Runners that need some nutritional accountability

Replies

• fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Overall a success today. Enjoyed 265 calories of spiked sparkling water, one turtle candy, and some microwave popcorn while we watched a movie on our back patio. Stayed within calories and reasonable reach of macros.

Made a new protein pancake recipe this weekend and they turned out great. Now I will have enough for the week at work. Some meal prep and laundry tomorrow and hopefully a short run in the AM.
  • fitoverfortymom
    As for coffee, we grind our own beans. We mostly drink Vail Mountain Nordic brew. Sometimes we cold brew our own in the summer, but I will buy it at the store if it's on sale or I have a good coupon. I love iced coffee!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited May 2018
    Meal prep? Oh @fitoverfortymom I'd completely forgotten about meal prep.

I'll probably put some chicken or roast in the IP, like usual.

I biked 30+ minutes and did a slow 45 min run both in the heat yesterday and ate within calorie goal. *Sigh* scale is up 1.5 pounds. I did drink a lot of water yesterday. Maybe tomorrow. Least it's linear right now.
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    I did not have a great weekend running or nutrition-wise (I didn't make it out for my long run though I'm going out tonight and will fiddle with my training schedule to make it work). However, I did have a lot of fun hanging out with my husband and kids so I still consider it a win.

• Purplebunnysarah
    We went to Costco yesterday and bought All The Veggies. I'm going to have to figure out something that uses the veggies I bought since I didn't really have a plan.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,423 Member
    @Elise4270 - I haven't been home long enough to try making the BBQ sauce :smile: I will do some recipe searches and let you know what works...

I am looking forward to getting home and experimenting with my IP!! I keep forgetting about it and then you all mention it here and I think 'Oh Yeah!! I need to play with that!!'
  • Elise4270
    sarahthes wrote: »
    We went to Costco yesterday and bought All The Veggies. I'm going to have to figure out something that uses the veggies I bought since I didn't really have a plan.

Roasting them is always good. Some days we do a left over soup with whatever is in the fridge. It's usually pretty good. I thought about gathering them and blending them in the bullet and adding it to soup or broth.
  • fitoverfortymom
    I eat a ton of raw veggies. Usually plain, but I also love ranch dip.
  • Elise4270
    I eat a ton of raw veggies. Usually plain, but I also love ranch dip.

I don't dislike raw veggies... Maybe when my braces come off I'll be up for eating more of them. Maaaybeeee. I'll put it on my "do better" list.

I tried it carrots and apples with nut butter for a while. It took me a month to figure out why I was gaining weight. Nearly half a container of nut butter each sitting ... And I couldn't figure that out?

@sarahthes What kind of veggies do you have?
  • Purplebunnysarah
    @Elise4270 I have asparagus, eggplant, many colours of bell pepper, carrots, fresh shelled peas (I don't even like peas so I have no idea why I bought them). I also have an old butternut squash and a Japanese yam that have been sitting in my pantry for a couple months and don't appear to have gone off. Oh, and I have cucumber.
  • Elise4270
    edited May 2018
    When my kids were little they liked sliced bell pepper with cream cheese on it.

No idea how to make the shelled peas. Are they like green peas? Or black eyes peas?

I'm just being nosey until my dinner is done... Wonder why your veggies sound good and mine are boring. I am waiting put green beans, carrots and some tiny taters in my IP roast.
  • Purplebunnysarah
    The shelled peas are just green peas, yes. But not frozen... they're fresh.
  • Elise4270
    Oh I like green peas.. maybe a rice dish with ground turkey and curry spices and a can of coconut milk..
  • fitoverfortymom
    I put peas in stir fry. Made a cauliflower fried rice one tonight and it was awesome.
  • Elise4270
    I put peas in stir fry. Made a cauliflower fried rice one tonight and it was awesome.

That sounds good. I like fried rice. Since we're lower carbing it, rice has been off the table. We don't have any peas though. :smiley: I want some egg rolls too.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    I like making stuffed peppers. You can do so many different combos of stuff.
  • fitoverfortymom
    I like making stuffed peppers. You can do so many different combos of stuff.

Made those last night! We did beef, mushrooms, and onion I side the peppers and topped with provalone. Served rice on the side instead of the mix since our son doesn't have to watch macros (he's a 14 year old boy who is super active and pretty much can eat what he wants...).

Stuffed peppers are so versatile! Mexican style ones are good and you can play with the mix to increase volume and decrease calories.
  • fitoverfortymom
    Elise4270 wrote: »

That sounds good. I like fried rice. Since we're lower carbing it, rice has been off the table. We don't have any peas though. :smiley: I want some egg rolls too.

It was really good! I cooked the cauliflower and some cabbage for about 15 minutes to get it nice and soft and then added cooked, ground pork and all the sauce stuff (Sriracha and wheat-free tamari).
  • Elise4270
    I can't do soy. So mines a little boring. And sirachi is hot. Haha! I can add lemon juice and Frank's red hot. I'm going to try it out!

DH mentioned making a riced cauliflower dish. Well he wanted pizza and after looking it up, I declined. Sounds like too much work for " not pizza".
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Ooh stuffed peppers sounds like a good idea. Maybe I'll pick up some ground chicken on the way home from work tomorrow. My herb garden is going crazy too so I'm sure I can come up with something tasty.