TEAM: The Slimsons (February)

Options

Replies

• crazedknight
    crazedknight Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Daily Post
    Happy Saturday! Went down to Kingman,AZ for a little birthday celebration with the fam. Did really well tracking and staying under goal.
    Track: Yup, and stayed under, had to eat really light for breakfast and lunch but we did it.
    Exercise: nope, truck did all the work again this trip.
    Water Intake: not a clue. Tried to drink as much as I could throughout the day but couldn’t track.
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    Thank you for suggesting just website it's an awesome idea and I pray I stay as focused as you did when you were on your prize

Just stay vigilant, really pay attention to what's working and what's not and you got this!!

Thanks for the encouragement
  • gjaholy33
    edited February 2018
    Options
                   Winner's circle February Week 3
                                      (2/18- 2/24)

Just to Clarify Winner's Circle This Month
            consists of Daily Posts posted from
                Sunday 12AM - Saturday 11:59PM

1st Place  (Posted 7-6 of 7 days)

@mexiconona  Posted days: 18 19 20 22 23 24

2nd place (Posted at least 4-5 of 7 Days)

@Crazedknight Posted days: 18
    20 21 22 24
    CONGRATS ON YOUR LOSS ROOTING DOR YOU TO GET TO 300LBS! YIU GOT THIS! and staying on track while with fam

Lisa @143tobe Posted Days: 18
    19 21 22
    Congrats on your NSV starting off the WEEK 3! (NSV today!! I used to be a runner but have not really truly ran in over a year. Today at the gym I ran 20 minutes before my spin class to warm up, and 40 minutes afterwards to see if I could complete a 5K without walking. I did it!! I had to stop running due to hip es but I felt great! which probably help you with this week's loss Congrats again!!

Jodi @JJKM02 Posted days: 18 19 20 21 22
    CONGRATS ON YOUR LOSS THIS WEEK!!

JENN @jennfalzon1979  posted: 18 19 20 21 22
    Congrats on your loss even after binge eating Pancake Tuesday. . .LOL!

@IanMoone30  Posted Days: 18 19 20 21
    CONGRATS ON YOUR LOSS THIS WEEK

Sanna @ssssanaaaa Posted days:
    18 19 20 21

Tina @tinak33  Posted Days: 20 21 22 23

3rd Place (Posted at lest 3 of 7days)

@Jmacaroni  Posted Days: 19 21 22

Kim @ka97  Posted Days: 19 20 21

MAKING AN EFFORT! (new catergory)

@Calli1616 Posted days: 18 20

@mjohemme  Posted Days: 19

KUDOS!
    ENCOURAGEMENT FOR THOSE STRUGGLING!

@gemwolf110 STAY ENCOURAGE NO MATTER WHAT THE SCALE SAYS!!!

Kamer @Bambinam  
    We're ROOTING FOR YOU TO REACH YOUR GOAL OF 190 SO KEEP ON GOING DON'T GIVE UP!!

@Flossie1981 Awesome loss this week!
    @Frogprincess85  Awesome loss this week!

PLUS THOSE WHO DIDN'T POST BUT WEIGHED IN THIS WEEK:
    @Fyreside
    @PaganUK
    @DanishFeta
    @sarahann104 
    @deanit
    @elisabel 

STAY ENCOURAGE THIS WEEK WILL BE BETTER

KUDOS! 
    To Our team CAPTAIN, Ashley, @AB0215,
    is on the money motivating everyone! Quick to answer questions and even make suggestions.
    Once again, I have to mention her very inspiring post to end our week 2 and start off week 3: her success since 2017 truly inspirational and thanks for sharing.

I also give KUDOS for those who have participated in the QUESTION OF THE WEEK: What is your favorite Olympic Sport? It was a toss up between Figure Skating and Hockey but it Looks like HOCKEY WON HANDS DOWN. . .LOL!! Looking forward to the interaction in this week question!

I am so happy for the interaction this week; as you can see this week we had a switch and we had a lot of second place winners instead of first place. Hopefully there will be much more interaction this NEXT WEEK in the optional mini challenge!  WE ONLY HAVE ONE WEEK TO GO! LET'S keep tunneling through and put our best effort forward THIS UPCOMING WEEK 4 & DO NOT GIVE UP! WE GOT THIS!

TO ALL OUR TEAM MEMBERS:
    I've been reading your posts and notice some of you are still struggling  BUT YOU ARE NOT GIVING UP! I WANT TO CONTINUE ENCOURAGING YOU GUYS TO KEEP ON PRESSING FORWARD EVEN WHEN THE SCALE IS NOT IN YOUR FAVOR! YOU GOT THIS! We cannot give up when it looks like we're not getting what we want in this thing all we have to do is just hold on a little longer and we will see the results because we put in the work and so the results must show up SOON! I hope I encourage just someone a little bit to keep on tunneling through. YOU GUYS ROCK! 

I REPEAT: SOME OF US HAD A REALLY GOOD WEEK, OTHERS HAD STRUGGLES BUT WE MADE IT!

Your Team CO-CAPTAIN
    Glorious Gloria
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Daily Post

Extremely positive today I enjoyed my day since I'm very proud of myself for the progress that I'm naked and know that the way I am going about losing weight even though I'm not exercising as long as my meals are right I know I'm on the right track.

Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise no
    Water 124 Oz
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    Message for all team members:
    @AB0215.
    @gjaholy33.
    @danzibob2016.
    @143tobe.
    @elisabel.
    @Frogprincess85.
    @IanMoone30.
    @jellybuby.
    @jennfalzon1979.
    @mexiconona.
    @sarahann104.
    @Flossie1981.
    @mjohemme.
    @crazedknight.
    @jmacaroni.
    @ka97.
    @tinak33.
    @Bambinam.
    @deanit.
    @gemwolf110.
    @JJKM02.
    @PaganUK.
    @ssssanaaaa.
    @Calli1616.
    @DanishFeta.
    @Fyreside.

This is the last week of the February Challenge. After this week, all members will be rolled over automatically into the February challenge.

The March challenge thread is:
    TEAM: THE SLIMSONS (March) ( http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10645879/team-the-slimsons-march#latest )
    If you wish not to participate next month, please message the team captain or myself ( @craigo3154. )

Please view your team thread and post a brief introduction so others in the team can know who you are.

When viewing the thread, please "bookmark" the thread by pressing the "star" icon (it should turn yellow).
    3cu4npy62hfa.png

This way you can be notified whenever someone posts to the thread (your "bell" icon on most forum headers will show if there are any notifications).
    yop2unsw1ph1.png
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    gemwolf110 wrote: »
    Sunday post:
    New week to get myself refocused, get back into the workout routine. Also found out why my dog (the bichon) was peeing blood, but gradually it went back to normal, so originally the vet thought it was an UTI (she has a history of them) but did an ultrasound to double check like we usually do when she gets like that and he found bladder stones, since her breed is prone to those. We have just lucked out so far. She’s going to be 8 years old in May. So he put her on a strict, special diet formulated to help dissolve the stones and to help them pass on their own without surgery (hopefully). She’ll be on that diet for the next 3 months and then a recheck. Needless to say it was a stressful week. Hoping and praying this works. Don’t want to have to put the little girl through surgery because that carries it’s own risks in itself. But hey it’s stones, it’s treatable and isn’t cancer (which peeing blood is also a sign) so it’s not the end of the world or anything like that. Just don’t like seeing my little fur baby in pain.
    Anyways, I hope everyone else is having a great weekend! It’s raining here and we’ve got an open house to attend today (we are also looking for a new house in a more rural area than the suburban area we live in now, miss my privacy from when I lived out in the rural part of the state).

I completely understand. It IS super stressful, I have 2 cats who are both proned to stones/crystals and one has been on this track lately of getting them once a month despite the preventive measures., and the other since we put him on prescription food years ago has been crystal free (knock on wood). I love them both and my husband thinks I'm crazy because I just get up in the middle of the night and change the sheets like its nothing, but they are my babies...
    Don't forget to take care of yourself in this stressful time, you need love too :)
  • Calli1616
    Calli1616 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    completely fell off the wagon on posting - I'm sorry to be awol! The work stresses definitely helped with the calories though!

Username Calli1616
    Weigh in Day Saturday
    Week: February Week 4

PW 195.8lbs
    CW 192.0lbs

I'm working a lot right now, so my exercise time is really limited but I'm making a real, focused effort on the calories intake to balance that out. I'd like to do it all - but for the next couple of weeks at least, this is probably the best I can hope for!
  • AB0215
    Options
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    Daily Post

Extremely positive today I enjoyed my day since I'm very proud of myself for the progress that I'm naked and know that the way I am going about losing weight even though I'm not exercising as long as my meals are right I know I'm on the right track.

Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise no
    Water 124 Oz

It's very true, while activity is good for the body, it's not the most crucial part of the journey and you are on the right track. Keep the positivity, it goes a long way!!
  • jennfalzon1979
    jennfalzon1979 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Thanks to @AB0215 I have joined a challenge in Healthy Wager. I seem more motivated when money is involved lol.
  • AB0215
    Options
    Thanks to @AB0215 I have joined a challenge in Healthy Wager. I seem more motivated when money is involved lol.

I'm so glad to see you guys getting into that. It REALLY helped me. I hope it helps you. You can and I would encourage you to do the weekly weigh ins there too. It gives you a visual representation of your progress toward your goal. Good Luck!!
  • sarahann104
    sarahann104 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Good Morning guys :)
    Please remove me from the next months challenge. I am struggling a lot and can’t be on the team right now.
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Good Morning guys :)
    Please remove me from the next months challenge. I am struggling a lot and can’t be on the team right now.
    @sarahann104
    I put your request in to the Captain Quarters sorry you are feeling the pressure but you're still apart of the team so feel free to rejoin at anytime in the future
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Daily Post

Another day gone and I have to say I did good again as we end this night. Even with all my pain that I'm going through I am proud that I'm getting up to eat on time except for dinner I have to squeeze dinner in more often otherwise it's going to be my downfall. Although in my defense at least for tonight I was waiting for my neighbor to come back from Walmart because the Lean Cuisines there is only $2.50 so which is a bargain because it cost $6 at the supermarket buy me. So I didn't want to over eat or anything negative lately so I was waiting for my food. Oh and it didn't come until 8:30 p.m. too late to eat my last name is 745 p.m.

Track yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise no
    Water 112 ounces
  • jennfalzon1979
    Options
    Sunday post

Today was hard. I had a weird reaction to giving blood. One I’ve never had before. My tooth was getting stabbing pains. I have a dental appointment but it seems to be fading as my blood and iron levels return. Nothing worse than tooth pain in my opinion (this coming from someone who’s given birth 3 times!). Hopefully tomorrow will be better as I return to my exercise classes.

Track. Yes
    Calories. Under
    Exercise. Playing with the kids outside
    Water. 65 ounces
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Sunday post

Today was hard. I had a weird reaction to giving blood. One I’ve never had before. My tooth was getting stabbing pains. I have a dental appointment but it seems to be fading as my blood and iron levels return. Nothing worse than tooth pain in my opinion (this coming from someone who’s given birth 3 times!). Hopefully tomorrow will be better as I return to my exercise classes.

Track. Yes
    Calories. Under
    Exercise. Playing with the kids outside
    Water. 65 ounces

Oh no Jen I'm sorry to hear that. I know you love donating to just be in pain afterwards must be very uncomfortable and I know all about those two things it's nothing like a tooth pain!! Hopefully you feel better tomorrow
  • IanMoone30
    IanMoone30 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Just so I’m clear what day do we start on the March thread? Monday 2-26 or Monday 3-5
  • ssssanaaaa
    ssssanaaaa Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Sunday

Track: No
    Calories: I think I did today.
    Exercise: Went to the pool and swam.
    Water Intake: Around 64 ounces.

Can't wait for the fresh start of Monday.
  • crazedknight
    crazedknight Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Daily Post
    Happy Sunday. Weekend is over but not the weight loss. Had a great b-day celebration in AZ but, had to turn away a lot of food that I just did not want to eat because it would have put me over my goals. I wasn’t disappointed in the least or missed any good food.
    Track: Yup, even the beer I drank and the restaurant food as best I could.
    Exercise: nope, truck did all the work again this trip.
    Water Intake: I had at least 2 x 30 oz travel mugs of water during the trip plus more
  • jmacaroni
    jmacaroni Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Daily post for Sunday:

Track: yes
    Calories: over
    Exercise: went on a worm hunt with my toddler and began a planking challenge
    Water: 60oz

Went food shopping today to prepare me for the week. The weather is going to be warm this week so hopefully I'll get out walking every day
  • jennfalzon1979
    Options
    Final weigh in

Jennfalzon1979
    Pw. 197.1
    CW. 197.3

Meh. See you in March. Really need a big loss. I hate hovering so close to 200 after finally breaking through it.
This discussion has been closed.