TEAM: The Slimsons (February)

Options

Replies

• gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    IanMoone30 wrote: »
    I weigh everyday and track it. I have a plan to lose 1.56 pounds a week to get to goal weigh under the obese label for once in my life ( been 250 or more since the 5 grade) and I was counting every time I lose pounds. As in if day 1. I was 219 day 2. I was 222 then dropped back down to 219 I count it as a loss. Even if the body fluctuates I could have been down 20-25 pounds by now instead of 8ish. Got me rethinking how I’m going about my plan. The whole a little bit of bad food won’t hurt. Has to stop. I’m revamping my whole life style of eating (cause diets don’t work) hopefully this coming month I can keep on track and see results. I’m behind more than I like.

You're on the right track that's all that matters is glad that you noticed what you were doing wrong and you can just move forward from there and you're right it is a lifestyle change not a diet cuz I don't work just whine up gain all that weight back I'm a living witness for that one
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Daily Post for Monday:

Track: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: I did a LOT of stairs...
    Water: 104 oz

Slacked off a little on the water intake, but was still over 100 oz. I met a friend out at a bakery and didn't eat everything in site. Got a pecan bar and a hot chocolate, logged both, didn't eat the whole pecan bar, and still stayed under calories. :)

As for the water discussion, I always go by the rule of your weight divided in half, that is the number of ounces of water you should drink per day.
    I have had a whole gallon of water in a day... but I was REALLY thirsty. I did it because my body needed it. Not because I was trying some weird water thing....
    I personally drink more, but I think anything above that number varies with each person as to what your body needs. I drink water whenever I am hungry, to make sure it's not dehydration but in fact hunger. I always confused the 2 and ended up eating everything.
  • mjohemme
    mjohemme Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Username: mjohemme
    Weigh in week: February Week 4
    Weigh in day: Tuesday
    Previous Week's Weight: 269.25
    Today's Weight: 270.25

Daily Post (Tuesday)
    I have an exchange student from Japan (via Australia, where she stayed for the last 18 months) staying with me this month. I've went off track in my current job as tour guide for all the wondrous things in St. Louis (which, btw, is becoming a big foodie city). How sad is it when you are thankful for only a single pound gain? Unfortunately, that's 2 weeks in a row. I did start back on logging yesterday, though.

Monday (I do these in the morning, so my info is for yesterday)
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Got my normal walking in, nothing extra.
  • jennfalzon1979
    jennfalzon1979 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Well team. Guess who is getting a tooth pulled tomorrow. This girl.
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Well team. Guess who is getting a tooth pulled tomorrow. This girl.

OUCH
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    So I got on the scale today at my drs and losts another 6lbs from Saturday so that means together I've lost 14lbs so far wow!
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    So I got on the scale today at my drs and losts another 6lbs from Saturday so that means together I've lost 14lbs so far wow!

Whoo hoo! Keep on crushing it girl!!
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »

Whoo hoo! Keep on crushing it girl!!

I know right I was shock!!
  • jmacaroni
    jmacaroni Posts: 243 Member
    Options

Congrats!
  • jmacaroni
    jmacaroni Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Daily Post

Calories: on target
    Exercise: walking and swimming
    Water: about60oz

After a bad week of not meal prepping last week, this is the second day in a row I've been on target with calories. Feels good to finish the day that way.
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday)
    Day/Goals: Today I knew wasn't going to be a good day for food. For my birthday (which was a couple weeks ago), they give you a free meal for your birthday at Tucanos and anyone who has one near you, you should try it, but know this, it's very hard to be good there. And I only eat there for my birthday, once a year, since it's a lot of food and very expensive. I ate sugar/dessert for the first time since July and might be on a sugar high right now, but sooo good. Tomorrow will be a painful day, sugar crash and then subsequent withdrawal, but I will survive. I think it's ok to let loose once in a while, but tomorrow is back to business.
    Track: Nope, don't want to know.
    Calories: There's not a chance in hell that I made this goal today.
    Exercise: Now this goal I did make. 45 minutes weight training, arms--95lb bench press, 85lb bent over row, 50lb bicep curls, 50lb tricep extension and 105 lb tricep press. Good day there :)
    Water Intake: 99 oz
  • jennfalzon1979
    jennfalzon1979 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Daily post

Track. Yes
    Calories. Way under
    Exercise. 1 hour body pump
    Water 60 ounces

At noon today my toothache came back. Found an emergency dentist and they are pulling the tooth tomorrow. Probably no exercise tomorrow. I’m in so much pain right now. On Tylenol 3s. Wish me luck. Talk about Leaving February with a bang.
  • JJKM02
    JJKM02 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Daily post
    Track yes
    Calories under
    Exercise 60 minutes of aquafit
    Water about 70 oz
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Daily Post (Tuesday)
    Day/Goals: Today I knew wasn't going to be a good day for food. For my birthday (which was a couple weeks ago), they give you a free meal for your birthday at Tucanos and anyone who has one near you, you should try it, but know this, it's very hard to be good there. And I only eat there for my birthday, once a year, since it's a lot of food and very expensive. I ate sugar/dessert for the first time since July and might be on a sugar high right now, but sooo good. Tomorrow will be a painful day, sugar crash and then subsequent withdrawal, but I will survive. I think it's ok to let loose once in a while, but tomorrow is back to business.
    Track: Nope, don't want to know.
    Calories: There's not a chance in hell that I made this goal today.
    Exercise: Now this goal I did make. 45 minutes weight training, arms--95lb bench press, 85lb bent over row, 50lb bicep curls, 50lb tricep extension and 105 lb tricep press. Good day there :)
    Water Intake: 99 oz

I think it is good to let loose sometimes to shake up our body
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    jmacaroni wrote: »
    Daily Post

Calories: on target
    Exercise: walking and swimming
    Water: about60oz

After a bad week of not meal prepping last week, this is the second day in a row I've been on target with calories. Feels good to finish the day that way.

Yes I always feel elated when I survived the day. Congrats you did it
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Daily Post

So today has been a stressful and emotional day for me but I'm in the day on a positive note thanking about my progress I've made as you guys know I've lost 14 pounds or less in 7 days I'm so excited and I'm amazed that what I've been doing is working cuz I'm not even exercising and I'm losing weight and I just want to keep on being on the same wavelength so I don't fail this time around.

Track yes still haven't made a thousand calories
    Calories yes under
    Exercise no
    Water 120 Oz
  • danzibob2016
    danzibob2016 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Username: Danzibob2016
    Weigh in week: Week 4
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Previous Weight: 176.8
    Current Weight: 179

I have been cleared to cycle following my road to recovery after an injury. This means that I can finally get active! People at work are starting a slimming down weekly meet up, alongside the half marathon training some of them are doing (I'm not there yet to be full impact!). So feeling positive and hoping for a much better March!
  • crazedknight
    crazedknight Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Weigh in week: Week 4
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous Week's weight: 303
    Todays Weight: 300

Sooo close!!!!!!!! I’m .2 away.
  • crazedknight
    crazedknight Posts: 55 Member
    Options

Happy birthday I'm praying that you have a wonderful and blessed day and I hope you're under the calories too but if not don't beat yourself up just enjoy and celebrate it's your birthday!!

Thanks. Had a great b-day but, not under 300 yet. I was .1 away on my b-day and .2 today (only went up .1 lbs after a slice of Chicago style pizza and a beer. THAT’S AWESOME!)

Now everything is back to normal for awhile *whew* exciting month. Wife’s b-day, boss visit, Valentine’s Day, San Diego trip, moms b-day, Arizona trip, my B-day and still had fantastic weight loss over the month.

Looking forward to see what happens next month.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Daily Post for Tuesday

Calories: yes
    Exercise: just the stairs at work. I was very tired yesterday....
    Water: 112 oz

Busy day at work, and I was exhausted when I got home. Wasn't very active, but played with my little one for a bit.
    I stayed away from the big bag of homemade chocolate chip cookies though! NSV for the day. haha
This discussion has been closed.