Sunny's OMAD Excursion

sunnycobayo
sunnycobayo Posts: 236 Member
Hello, everyone! I'm Sunny!

I already posted a bit about myself in the introductions thread, but I thought I'd create my own "diary" of sorts to log my progress, thoughts, and feelings as I try to get a hold of my health. Just a bit about me...
  • I'm 29 years old and currently weigh 125 lbs.
  • I'm around 4'11".
  • My goal weight range is between 105-110. My most comfortable weight is around that 105 value, but I technically still feel alright until I start dipping beyond 115.
  • I have been diagnosed with PCOS, which has made maintaining a healthy weight a bit of a struggle for me.
  • I'm a life-long vegetarian.
So, that's a bit about me! I'm hoping to utilize these forums for inspiration, as well as accountability. I've never struggled too much with carrying excessive weight, but things sort of spiraled out of control with me when my father passed away last year. I don't want to see 130, so I'm hoping to nip this in the bud now. I've officially been on OMAD since last week, with one cheat day. I'm hoping that I won't need to rely on having one cheat day every single week moving forward, but I'd like to leave it for now as a buffer.

Thanks for reading, any and all of you! :) I'm hopeful that I will be able to make decent progress that is sustainable, which should hopefully free me from my current burden of mildly obsessing about meal times and frequency. I just want to eat well and feel well!

xx

Sunny

Replies

• mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Hello, everyone! I'm Sunny!

I already posted a bit about myself in the introductions thread, but I thought I'd create my own "diary" of sorts to log my progress, thoughts, and feelings as I try to get a hold of my health. Just a bit about me...
    • I'm 29 years old and currently weigh 125 lbs.
    • I'm around 4'11".
    • My goal weight range is between 105-110. My most comfortable weight is around that 105 value, but I technically still feel alright until I start dipping beyond 115.
    • I have been diagnosed with PCOS, which has made maintaining a healthy weight a bit of a struggle for me.
    • I'm a life-long vegetarian.
    So, that's a bit about me! I'm hoping to utilize these forums for inspiration, as well as accountability. I've never struggled too much with carrying excessive weight, but things sort of spiraled out of control with me when my father passed away last year. I don't want to see 130, so I'm hoping to nip this in the bud now. I've officially been on OMAD since last week, with one cheat day. I'm hoping that I won't need to rely on having one cheat day every single week moving forward, but I'd like to leave it for now as a buffer.

Thanks for reading, any and all of you! :) I'm hopeful that I will be able to make decent progress that is sustainable, which should hopefully free me from my current burden of mildly obsessing about meal times and frequency. I just want to eat well and feel well!

xx

Sunny

WELCOME! It's a great group and a great WOE - happy OMAD-ing!
  • sunnycobayo
    Thanks for the warm welcome, Misty! :) I really appreciate it. Have you seen great success from OMAD?
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Welcome to the group!
  • kokonani
    kokonani Posts: 507 Member
    Hi sunny. Welcome! I, too, didn't have too much to lose and have been doing OMAD. I lost 5lbs and now have just been using OMAD to maintain and stay feeling great.
  • sunnycobayo
    Thanks for the warm welcomes, everyone!
    kokonani wrote: »
    I, too, didn't have too much to lose and have been doing OMAD. I lost 5lbs and now have just been using OMAD to maintain and stay feeling great.
    This is wonderful to hear! That gives me hope that maybe this will be my ticket to more mindful eating with sustainable results. :)
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    I had a splurge day each week and now that I'm in maintenance I can have 2 or 3 splurge days :) Good luck!!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    edited February 2018
    Thanks for the warm welcome, Misty! :) I really appreciate it. Have you seen great success from OMAD?

So far, yes! I do kind of a wonky version of it that works for me (feel free to stalk my thread - Steph's OMAD accoutability etc etc) - I lost about 32 pounds in the first 5 months and it wasn't torturous in the least...then I got quite sick so I wasn't focused on it for a while but back on track for a few weeks and doing JUST fine :)

• sunnycobayo
    I had a splurge day each week and now that I'm in maintenance I can have 2 or 3 splurge days :) Good luck!!!

Oh, thanks for sharing, Brenda! I am glad to hear that an occasional splurge didn't set you back. :) How long were your feeding windows? I try to keep mine to an hour, but I've had a few times where I got too full to finish my meal, and ended up having to extend it to two hours. :x Do you have any advice?

So far, yes! I do kind of a wonky version of it that works for me (feel free to stalk my thread - Steph's OMAD accoutability etc etc) - I lost about 32 pounds in the first 5 months and it wasn't torturous in the least...then I got quite sick so I wasn't focused on it for a while but back on track for a few weeks and doing JUST fine :)

Oh, I apologize for call you Misty! Your name is Steph... so cute! I've always loved that name. :) I'll definitely read through your thread. I've already been making my way through Tracey's, and holy moly... her journey has been pretty cool to follow. I hope I can have as much success as you guys. :)
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited February 2018
    I didn't really have a window, I just ate my meal and sometimes it was big and sometimes it was small but I usually finished it within a half hour...I would say just eat till your full and be done...There are many threads on here to check out and one of mine is called Brendas OMAD Journey :)
  • mistymeadows2005

Oh, thanks for sharing, Brenda! I am glad to hear that an occasional splurge didn't set you back. :) How long were your feeding windows? I try to keep mine to an hour, but I've had a few times where I got too full to finish my meal, and ended up having to extend it to two hours. :x Do you have any advice?

Oh, I apologize for call you Misty! Your name is Steph... so cute! I've always loved that name. :) I'll definitely read through your thread. I've already been making my way through Tracey's, and holy moly... her journey has been pretty cool to follow. I hope I can have as much success as you guys. :)

If you run the play, you will... It really is that simple and awesome :) and no worries on the name.. Misty meadows is the name of my parents property and the name of my former rabbitry lol #FunFact
  • bandwidthbandit
    bandwidthbandit Posts: 74 Member
    Now I feel like a total slacker... Sunny had a journal up the first day. Way to blow the curve... :p
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Hello Sunny and welcome to OMAD! Thanks for following my thread. I truly am an OMAD cheerleader because it is the WOE that has set me on the path to never yo-yo again. It was not until OMAD that I really had the mindset that this weight loss is permanent and I will not be gaining again. Best wishes for a successful journey. We are all here to support and encourage.
  • sunnycobayo
    You guys are all the best! I will confess--I was nervous about starting my own accountability thread, but everyone has been so supportive and fantastic!

I'm happy to say that yesterday was a good eating day for me! I actually fasted for 28 hours, and I surprisingly wasn't ravenous. I broke my fast when I got home from work with a banana around 6:00 PM. I then had some potato and lentil stew, a small salad, and a big piece of strawberry cake! It was delicious. My meal ended up taking me about an hour and a half to eat... I'm working to keep everything within a one hour range, but I feel like I get so full after a few bites and have to drag everything out... still trying to work through that.

My old scale broke, but I ordered a new one yesterday. I'm hoping it's here by Monday so I can see where I'm at with my weight. I know I've been doing a good job with my meals, but it's that time of the month. Ugh. I hate weighing while on my cycle, but I know it must be done, haha.

I hope everyone else's Friday is off to a terrific start! I work in HR, and Fridays tend to be the day when little fires begin to run rampant... so much fun. :p

Sending everyone good vibes and cheer for the day!
  • mistymeadows2005
    I. FEEL. YOUR. PAIN. I only get 4 periods a year bc of my birth control AND I've been all outta wack so this one is kicking my A**!!! Here's hoping your scale arrives fast and is nice to you!

As for the timing, play with it...it takes me a while to eat all mine too, but mostly because I like to savor it. Our meals are few and far between so I want to enjoy it! Plus I'm generally a slow eater anyway. Don't force yourself to eat fast if you don't want to, play with it as you go along and see what works :)
  • sunnycobayo
    Thanks for the words of advice, Steph! :) I also love savoring every bite, so I'll try not to beat myself up about it! <3
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Sunny,

Can't wait to see your results. OMG I work in HR as well - that is so true Fridays tend to get out of control for no apparent reason! Come here weekend!!!
  • bandwidthbandit
    bandwidthbandit Posts: 74 Member
    I usually take between 2-3 hours from tasting the first spoon while cooking until finishing my dessert. I can't eat all of my calories in an hour, or I will get super drowsy an hour later. Loving to savor the flavor!!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    I think the key is to eat enough so the next day fasting isn't torturous but not so much that you stop losing. I eat in a 4-hr window but can lose that way although at a slower rate than most. Keep at it and you will find what works for you. Good luck.
  • sunnycobayo
    dkayingram wrote: »
    Sunny,

Can't wait to see your results. OMG I work in HR as well - that is so true Fridays tend to get out of control for no apparent reason! Come here weekend!!!
    Haha, right? Yesterday was a bit of a madhouse, so I was quite happy to get to sleep in a little today. Phew...
    I usually take between 2-3 hours from tasting the first spoon while cooking until finishing my dessert. I can't eat all of my calories in an hour, or I will get super drowsy an hour later. Loving to savor the flavor!!
    blambo61 wrote: »
    I think the key is to eat enough so the next day fasting isn't torturous but not so much that you stop losing. I eat in a 4-hr window but can lose that way although at a slower rate than most. Keep at it and you will find what works for you. Good luck.
    Good to hear that it's not just me that can't cram everything into an hour. Maybe I was worrying too much about this. :) Thanks for the info, fellas! I guess I'll tweak my thinking and accept that 1.5 hours is probably fine as my eating window.
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    1.5 hours is good sunny. I think the main thing is that it is just the one meal. That it takes you a bit longer to eat it should not be a problem. I myself can scarf a meal down in no time and am having to work on slowing my eating down.