Sunny's OMAD Excursion

Replies

• sunnycobayo
    sunnycobayo Posts: 236 Member
    1.5 hours is good sunny. I think the main thing is that it is just the one meal. That it takes you a bit longer to eat it should not be a problem. I myself can scarf a meal down in no time and am having to work on slowing my eating down.
    Thanks, Tracey! It's a good reminder for me to keep the focus on one meal, rather than a specific window of time. :) I think I'm such a Type-A person, that sometimes I get a bit too caught up in the details and lose sight of the overall purpose of it all, haha.

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    dkayingram wrote: »
    Sunny,

Can't wait to see your results. OMG I work in HR as well - that is so true Fridays tend to get out of control for no apparent reason! Come here weekend!!!
    Haha, right? Yesterday was a bit of a madhouse, so I was quite happy to get to sleep in a little today. Phew...
    I usually take between 2-3 hours from tasting the first spoon while cooking until finishing my dessert. I can't eat all of my calories in an hour, or I will get super drowsy an hour later. Loving to savor the flavor!!
    blambo61 wrote: »
    I think the key is to eat enough so the next day fasting isn't torturous but not so much that you stop losing. I eat in a 4-hr window but can lose that way although at a slower rate than most. Keep at it and you will find what works for you. Good luck.
    Good to hear that it's not just me that can't cram everything into an hour. Maybe I was worrying too much about this. :) Thanks for the info, fellas! I guess I'll tweak my thinking and accept that 1.5 hours is probably fine as my eating window.

I eat in a four hour window mostly because I want to and can get away with it and not because I can't put down sufficient food in an hour's window.
  • sunnycobayo
    I'm happy to report that yesterday was another successful OMAD day for me! Work was absolutely nuts and kept me late, but my husband took the reigns on dinner (which was much appreciated, since I didn't get home until close to 7:00 PM).

We ended up having the leftover lentil and potato stew, plus some homemade habanero cornbread. For dessert, I had a strawberry cupcake, plus a pretty tall glass of beer. I also ate a small 90-cal Fiber One brownie. Not the most exciting meal, but it sure was yummy! Once again, it took me close to an hour and a half to finish everything off, but I'm accepting that's going to be my time range.

I checked my tracking info this morning, and it looks like my scale should be here by Tuesday, so hopefully I'll be able to start throwing some actual numbers on here. I can tell already in the short amount of time I've been doing OMAD that my belly looks a little flatter (but I'm sure part of it is just the absence of bloat). Either way, I'll take all the victories, no matter how small, haha!

I hope everyone has a terrific Saturday and does something fun! All I've got planned is tons of animal baths and cage/enclosure cleanings. :) It'll still be a good time.
  • sunnycobayo
    blambo61 wrote: »
    I eat in a four hour window mostly because I want to and can get away with it and not because I can't put down sufficient food in an hour's window.
    Ahhh, I see. Thanks for the clarification! :)
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Exactly, take all those victories and be proud :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Sunny, tell me about your animals! I miss mine, so I have to live vicariously through you :p

You're doing great and I'm excited to read about your scale results when it gets here!

PS Lentil and tater stew sounds like my kinda food! :)
  • sunnycobayo
    Had a pretty good weekend of eating! Saturday was a day full of household projects, which was definitely needed. The hubs and I sat down for dinner around 5:30 PM, and we had homemade pizzas! He made a small vegetable one for me (topped with red bell peppers, purple onions, roasted brussels sprouts, black-eyed peas, and spinach). It was beyond delicious! The hubs made the crust and sauce from scratch, so needless to say I devoured mine in about half an hour. :D I had a small side salad, as well as a lemon Fiber One bar and a small glass of wine.

Sunday was my "feast/cheat" day, although I didn't eat very much... it kind of surprised me! I wasn't super hungry, so for lunch I had a small bowl of the leftover lentil and potato stew around 12:30 PM. I still didn't feel too hungry around dinner time (~6:30 PM), so I just had a small salad with two scoops of a meal replacement shake.

Today is busy, as is usual for Mondays, but I'm feeling pretty good! Not sure what dinner will entail this evening, but... we shall see! I'm very much looking forward to my scale getting here in the next day or two, so I will start adding my actual weight to the conversation soon. :) I'm hoping to see 123ish... but any loss will work for me! Fingers crossed!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited February 2018
    Homemade pizza is the best!!! My fingers are crossed for you too ×× :)
  • sunnycobayo
    Homemade pizza is the best!!! My fingers are crossed for you too ×× :)
    It's almost too good! I don't consider myself a food snob in the slightest, but I have a hard time eating delivery pizzas now that my husband and I have become fairly decent scratch pizza makers! :D
  • sunnycobayo
    Had another fairly successful day yesterday! I ended up fasting for a total of 26 hours, which I broke when I got home from work around 6:00 PM. I ate a cookie dough FiberOne bar while my husband wrapped up making homemade black bean burgers. I had one and a half (on whole wheat buns) with lettuce, tomato, and mustard. I had a small side salad as well. For my beverage, I had two glasses of champagne.

I checked my tracking info this morning, and my scale got pushed back to delivery tomorrow. :s I'm not super thrilled about it, but I guess it gives me another day to get my affairs in order, haha. I'm going to try to start actually taking pictures of my food as well.

Here's to today! I'm actually off work tomorrow, and I'm really looking forward to having a nice day to lounge. It's been raining nonstop for three days here, so I'm glad to not have to brave the dismal, dreary skies tomorrow morning. :)
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Sunny,
    Your pizzas sound amazing. I love making homemade ones, and like you I can't go back to the delivery type! I have never tried black eyed peas on mine but that sounds amazing.
    Hope you have a great week!!!
  • jadeblue14
    jadeblue14 Posts: 182 Member
    That sounds like a great day.
  • sunnycobayo
    dkayingram wrote: »
    Sunny,
    Your pizzas sound amazing. I love making homemade ones, and like you I can't go back to the delivery type! I have never tried black eyed peas on mine but that sounds amazing.
    Hope you have a great week!!!
    I LOOOOVE beans on top of pizza. I know it sounds weird, but lentils are another thing I enjoy topping off my homemade pizzas with. So tasty and gives ya that extra fiber boost. :D
    jadeblue14 wrote: »
    That sounds like a great day.
    It was pretty good! I'm chugging along and happy to report that OMAD hasn't been as hard on me as I was fearing. Woo hoo!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Interesting! I love beans AND lentils but I would never have thought of them for on top of pizza!!!

Glad you're having an easy time with it - simplest WOE ever! LOL
  • sunnycobayo
    Yesterday was another successful OMAD day. Since I had the day off, the hubs and I actually drove to a cute diner and had lunch. I ordered pancakes (sooooo good), a spiced chai latte, and a small order of eggs. Had a delicious, fruity beer with my noms, and it tied the entire thing together.

I can say that I'm not a fan of having lunch be my OMAD, as I found myself hungry this morning. By the time I have a chance to break my fast this evening, I'll have knocked out 28~29 hours of fasting. It's not the end of the world, but I think dinner as my only meal works better for me... it was worth it to get to have a nice lunch outing with my husband, though, so I suppose I shouldn't complain. :smile:

My scale came in! Finally! I was very disappointed to see that I'm 124.8... meaning that I've only lost 0.2 pounds since I last weighed myself on 2/11. Hmm. :/ I'm hoping that it's just a fluke. I weighed myself last night and plan on doing so again this evening before I eat, just to check. I can tell that some of my work skirts and pants are fitting looser, so it strikes me as odd to see pretty much zero loss across this much time. I'm not going to get discouraged... just going to keep chugging along. :smiley:

I hope all is well with everyone else! It's almost Friday!!!
  • sunnycobayo
    Interesting! I love beans AND lentils but I would never have thought of them for on top of pizza!!!

I know I'm a weirdo when it comes to the foods I eat, LOL. I'm also a big lover of broccoli on pizza, which all of my friends think I'm nuts for. :D

Yes, I'm very pleased with OMAD so far as a way of managing my eating. I feel like I don't have to deprive myself... all pleasure is merely delayed for 24~26 hours until the next meal. It's a great feeling to know that if there's something I want, all I have to do is wait. :)
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Welcome! Sorry I am late with the welcome wagon. Looks like you are all aboard the OMAD train.

One thing I say would be good for you to look into if you are getting no movement on the scale while fasting perfectly is the term/process of Autophagy. This is a process that occurs during your fasting time that may change the inches loss, but not the weight.

• mistymeadows2005

I know I'm a weirdo when it comes to the foods I eat, LOL. I'm also a big lover of broccoli on pizza, which all of my friends think I'm nuts for. :D

Yes, I'm very pleased with OMAD so far as a way of managing my eating. I feel like I don't have to deprive myself... all pleasure is merely delayed for 24~26 hours until the next meal. It's a great feeling to know that if there's something I want, all I have to do is wait. :)

I'm a big fan of broccoli on ANYTHING but especially pizza :) I don't think it's weird at all! I also love artichokes on pizza (and again...pretty much on anything LOL)
  • sunnycobayo
    Welcome! Sorry I am late with the welcome wagon. Looks like you are all aboard the OMAD train.

One thing I say would be good for you to look into if you are getting no movement on the scale while fasting perfectly is the term/process of Autophagy. This is a process that occurs during your fasting time that may change the inches loss, but not the weight.
    Hi, Sammy! Nice to meet you! I just started reading through your thread, so what a fun coincidence to get a comment from you. :)

Thanks for mentioning autophagy--I'll definitely have a look. I won't lie... I was very disappointed in the moment to see that I basically lost no weight, but I know that I'm making some progress due to how clothes are fitting, so I'm trying to not mind it too much. Hopefully I'll see a bit of a different number this evening, but at the end of the day, I know that the true goal is better health (at least, that's my mantra to keep myself from getting too frustrated, haha).

Anyway, thanks for the well-wishes and hearty welcome. I'm so happy to be here among friends. :)
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Sunny, I watched a Dr. Berg video and he explained how he was working with a patient and the first month there was no loss, but then after that she had a big pound loss the next month. He explained it as the body taking the time to work on itself and then after it was done, the weight could fall off. If I find the video again, I will be sure to share.