Sunny's OMAD Excursion

Options

Replies

• sunnycobayo
    sunnycobayo Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    It's Monday! Anyone else hate Daylight Savings as much as I do? :D

My weekend was good, and I successfully adhered to OMAD for both lunch dates. One cool thing is that one of my friends is now also doing OMAD with me! It was cool to share my experience with her so far. I hope she will find success in this, and that we can support each other through our very different journeys. :)

Saturday lunch was at a Mexican restaurant. I had half a cheese quesadilla, one cheese enchilada, about a cup of Mexican rice, and 27 (yes, I counted them like a crazy person, lol) chips. I dipped in salsa sparingly.

Sunday lunch was at a coffee shop! I had a peanut and tofu mash on toast, two vegetable wraps, a small bag of potato chips, and two glasses of wine.

I forgot to weigh myself yesterday as planned, so I will do it first thing this evening and report back! Let's hope my numbers will be looking good. :) I feel like my body composition is changing for the better, so I'm desperately hoping the scale will reflect that. Even still, I'll keep trudging along; I know that this way of eating is sustainable long term, and I'm determined to get back to my happy place. :)

Happy Monday, friends!
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Good job sticking to your new WOE. Invite your friend to join our community so we can all share in her journey. You are doing great!
  • sunnycobayo
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement, Tracey. :) I will definitely encourage her to check out MFP. The support you all have provided me has truly been immeasurable in helping me remain focused. Fingers crossed that she hops on here!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    Look at that little cutie-patooti!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I only like it when we change the time forward because I hate losing an hours worth of sleep :/

It's nice to have a friend to share the OMAD experience with, I love sharing my experience with all of my friends on here but it would also be nice to do it with my friends and family that aren't on here!
  • sunnycobayo
    Options
    Thanks @mistymeadows2005 ! He is my sweetest boy. :)

I know what you mean @Brendalea69 . My husband is supportive of my new way of eating, but it'd be easier at times for both of us if we followed the same eating style. I'm excited to have a friend IRL to talk to about my challenges and struggles with. Everyone on here is outstanding, but it'll be nice to do activities with someone and not have them stare at you like you're crazy when they want to eat every five minutes, and you simply cannot participate. :p
  • sunnycobayo
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Hello, everyone! I had meant to hop on last night to add in my weight for last week, but I was quite a bit tired. Here's where I'm at:

Week 1 (2/12-2/18): 125 lbs
    Week 2 (2/19-2/25): 124.6 lbs
    Week 3 (2/26-3/4): 124.6 lbs
    Week 4 (3/5-3/11): 124.6 lbs

Total loss: 0.4 lbs
    Goal weight: 105(ish) lbs

Sadly, my weight has not even dropped a full pound in the last month of following OMAD. I'm irritated, but I know that I did have a week where I was quite sick, and I'm sure my body is still focused on healing. Due to my PCOS, I know that I have some issues with minor insulin resistance (plus my pesky unrelated Crohn's Disease and occasional inflammation as a result), so I hope that OMAD (more specifically the process of autophagy) is working its magic on tuning up some things. Maybe month #2 will be the start of some changes with the scale. I don't want to drastically change anything yet... but if after a second month I'm not hovering around 120, then I might need to cull feast days (or scale them from 1x/week to 2x/month).

With all of that being said, here's last night's main course:
    w2bsje0eh7if.jpg
    The hubs and I made a more lime-focused pad thai. It contained tofu, carrots, jalapenos, green bell peppers, onions, and bean sprouts. The noodles were just a generic wheat-based Chinese noodle. Sauce was made from scratch and was just a combination of lime juice, soy sauce, and a few other herbs and spices. We topped it all off with chopped cilantro. Not pictured that was consumed included: two FiberOne brownies, one bottle of cider, and 1/2 cup of strawberry ice cream (where I had chopped up the FiberOne brownies and sprinkled on top).

I didn't get much sleep last night, so I'm struggling a little bit today. I hope everyone's Tuesday is off to a good start. :)
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Oh now that looks delightful!
  • sunnycobayo
    Options
    Thanks, @sammygold2015 ! It was SO good! I wanted seconds, but I knew that would have been unnecessarily greedy. :D
  • sammygold2015
    Options
    I definitely do not blame you on that one. yum.
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    The meal looks yummy!
  • Brendalea69
    edited March 2018
    Options
    That looks so delicious :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone! I had meant to hop on last night to add in my weight for last week, but I was quite a bit tired. Here's where I'm at:

Week 1 (2/12-2/18): 125 lbs
    Week 2 (2/19-2/25): 124.6 lbs
    Week 3 (2/26-3/4): 124.6 lbs
    Week 4 (3/5-3/11): 124.6 lbs

Total loss: 0.4 lbs
    Goal weight: 105(ish) lbs

Sadly, my weight has not even dropped a full pound in the last month of following OMAD. I'm irritated, but I know that I did have a week where I was quite sick, and I'm sure my body is still focused on healing. Due to my PCOS, I know that I have some issues with minor insulin resistance (plus my pesky unrelated Crohn's Disease and occasional inflammation as a result), so I hope that OMAD (more specifically the process of autophagy) is working its magic on tuning up some things. Maybe month #2 will be the start of some changes with the scale. I don't want to drastically change anything yet... but if after a second month I'm not hovering around 120, then I might need to cull feast days (or scale them from 1x/week to 2x/month).

With all of that being said, here's last night's main course:
    w2bsje0eh7if.jpg
    The hubs and I made a more lime-focused pad thai. It contained tofu, carrots, jalapenos, green bell peppers, onions, and bean sprouts. The noodles were just a generic wheat-based Chinese noodle. Sauce was made from scratch and was just a combination of lime juice, soy sauce, and a few other herbs and spices. We topped it all off with chopped cilantro. Not pictured that was consumed included: two FiberOne brownies, one bottle of cider, and 1/2 cup of strawberry ice cream (where I had chopped up the FiberOne brownies and sprinkled on top).

I didn't get much sleep last night, so I'm struggling a little bit today. I hope everyone's Tuesday is off to a good start. :)

I'm not sure what you do on your feast day but you could do an 18:6 for a feast day and skip just breakfast. I think that helps. Other than that, you might try a LC meal once or twice a week also. I think that helps too.
  • sunnycobayo
    Options
    Thanks, Bob! I'm definitely planning on having my feast days be 18:6. I normally eat two meals on these days anyway, but they are admittedly spread out (i.e. brunch at 10:30 AM and early dinner at 5:30)... so maybe just as a generally good habit, I should be keeping my consumption within a narrower window.

We'll see if that changes up the game a bit for me! :)
  • sunnycobayo
    Options
    Happy Hump Day, everyone! We're halfway through the work week. :)

57r57cli5div.jpg
    Yesterday's OMAD! I actually didn't eat most of this, because I was very tired and not feeling the absolute best when I got home. Husband made me yet another homemade pizza (I know, I know--we eat pizza at least once a week lol) that had a pesto topping! It was so yummy, but I was only able to eat one and a half of the slices here. I also only had half of the salad. I did drink two beers and had one FiberOne lemon bar.

Oddly enough like last week, I will be having my feast day today instead of on the weekend. I will be actively isolating my calorie consumption to a 6 hour window. I'm planning on lunch around noon with a few folks from my department. We're going to Jason's Deli, so it should be simple enough to have something fresh and vegetable-laden. I'll be home by 4:00 PM today, so that will give me plenty of time to have my dinner and any drinks before 6:00 PM. We'll see if this makes a difference in terms of what the scale shows me at the end of the week!

I hope everyone is having a great day! My youngest boar was a bit of a crank this morning, lol. To be fair, I didn't want to get up and go to work today, myself. ;)
    22bzkbv5n9o3.jpg
  • Brendalea69
    edited March 2018
    Options
    You're ating pizza once a week??? :o:D Nothing wrong with that, I could eat pizza every day :p

I didn't want to get up either, the snow was still there waiting for me to shovel it :(
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    LOL I totally agree with your "baby" hump day is not Friday! So cute!
    Your pizza looked great also. Enjoy your feast!
  • sammygold2015
    Options
    Yum, and cute! a great combo!
  • sunnycobayo
    Options
    Thanks, ladies! :) He's my little peanut!
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    so adorable and that pizza looks amazing. I would totally eat that whole thing!