Sunny's OMAD Excursion

Options

Replies

• jadeblue14
    jadeblue14 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Oh no. Definitely take care of yourself and rest. Sometimes that's all we can do.
  • sunnycobayo
    sunnycobayo Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! I really appreciate the well-wishes. :) I stayed home today, because I still had a lingering 99.4 fever this morning. I know it's for the best that I rest and not spread germs, but I can't help but feel a little stressed about all the work that's going to be waiting for me on Thursday morning. :/

Haven't had my OMAD meal yet, but it's in the works. I'm planning on breaking my fast around 12:30 with some grilled cheese sandwiches, tomato soup, and maybe a glass of wine. I've got a horrendous headache. :(

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll finally start feeling a bit normal this evening. I'll also try to take a picture of my meal, but with how I'm feeling right now, I'm probably just going to scarf it down and go back to bed.

I hope you all are having a good Wednesday! At least we're on our way to the weekend, right? Tomorrow I have a dinner date with a coworker, so I'll definitely make sure to snap photos of that. We're going to an Italian restaurant, and I'm really looking forward to it! I'm hoping that by eating today from 12:30-2:00ish, by the time I break my fast tomorrow evening (~7:00 PM), I'll be close to 29 hours of fasting. I'm planning on weighing myself on Friday, so let's hope for me to be at least at 124. :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! I really appreciate the well-wishes. :) I stayed home today, because I still had a lingering 99.4 fever this morning. I know it's for the best that I rest and not spread germs, but I can't help but feel a little stressed about all the work that's going to be waiting for me on Thursday morning. :/

Haven't had my OMAD meal yet, but it's in the works. I'm planning on breaking my fast around 12:30 with some grilled cheese sandwiches, tomato soup, and maybe a glass of wine. I've got a horrendous headache. :(

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll finally start feeling a bit normal this evening. I'll also try to take a picture of my meal, but with how I'm feeling right now, I'm probably just going to scarf it down and go back to bed.

I hope you all are having a good Wednesday! At least we're on our way to the weekend, right? Tomorrow I have a dinner date with a coworker, so I'll definitely make sure to snap photos of that. We're going to an Italian restaurant, and I'm really looking forward to it! I'm hoping that by eating today from 12:30-2:00ish, by the time I break my fast tomorrow evening (~7:00 PM), I'll be close to 29 hours of fasting. I'm planning on weighing myself on Friday, so let's hope for me to be at least at 124. :)

Really hope you kick this bug! That's the worst! Grilled cheese sounds so freakin' good right now, and no better classic when you're sick then grilled cheese and tomato soup <3

Can't wait to see pics from today/tomorrow :)
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Hope that fever goes away, as well as the headache! Get some rest!
  • sunnycobayo
    Options
    Thank you so much, everyone, for all the kind thoughts and well-wishes! It's been a grueling couple of days trying to fight this nasty bug, but I'm finally seeing the light at the end of this fever-ridden tunnel. I still had a mild fever this morning 99.0 before taking some medicine, but I decided to trudge along and come to work. Glad I did, because the stacks were getting high!

As shared yesterday, my OMAD meal ended around 2:00 PM, so I'm aiming for a 29ish hour fast to be broken this evening. My dinner date with a coworker got cancelled, so I'll be cooking instead. Not sure what, but we'll see how I'm feeling by the time I get home. I was originally planning on weighing tomorrow, but I might go ahead and just hop on the scale tonight before breaking my fast... I am honestly feeling a little bit nervous about what it's going to say. I feel like I've been rather strict with my eating, yet that lingering feeling of frustration at the low scale movement last week has still got me on edge. I'd be ecstatic at seeing 124, but it'd be even nicer to see the 123s... fingers crossed for some significant progress!

I hope everyone is having a fantastic Thursday! It's so cold today compared to the last two days; I'm really ready for spring.
  • jadeblue14
    Options
    Glad you're feeling better, even if it's still lingering a bit. I think you have a solid plan for tonight. And good luck with the weigh in! Do you like evening weigh ins? I've always been a first thing in the morning kind of girl.
  • sunnycobayo
    Options
    jadeblue14 wrote: »
    Glad you're feeling better, even if it's still lingering a bit. I think you have a solid plan for tonight. And good luck with the weigh in! Do you like evening weigh ins? I've always been a first thing in the morning kind of girl.

I do prefer evening weigh-ins, as I notice that my tummy is a bit inflamed when I initially wake up. I have Crohn's Disease, and water helps a lot with managing my inflammation, so waking up from sleep usually is a bit uncomfortable as I'm met with a lot of intestinal cramping. :(

Usually by the evening before I break my fast, all I've consumed throughout the day is water (and maybe chewed a stick of gum), so I wouldn't think it'd significantly influence my weight. :) I might try for a bit doing a morning weigh-in and evening weigh-in just to see if there is much of a difference (all before eating, of course).

Thanks for the kind thoughts, btw. I'm glad I came in to work today, but a part of me is still wishing I was in bed, snuggled up beneath my weighted and heated blankets, haha. This flu is kicking my butt!
  • jadeblue14
    Options
    I can definitely see evening weigh ins working better for you than. Though you're right. Could be interesting to track the difference. Maybe see if how the WOE and losing weight impacts it in the long run? (I'm super fascinated by how the human body works, feel free to ignore me)
    The flu is no joke! Keep taking care of yourself.
  • sunnycobayo
    Options
    Haha, I could never ignore you! I love it when people ask such thought-provoking questions, because it challenges me to try new things or think about old things in a new way! :)
  • sunnycobayo
    Options
    It's Friday! Hallelujah!

I opted not to weigh myself last night, because I was so exhausted and sick feeling by the time I got home. My fever went back up to 100.2, so I had a bowl of vege and lentil soup with a small side salad, then I went to bed around 8:00 PM. Thankfully, I am finally fever free, but I feel a lot of pressure on my chest, so I'm thinking of going to the doctor on Monday if this doesn't clear up by the end of the weekend. I hate being sick!

Since I skipped weighing yesterday, I'll be weighing this evening when I get home. I've been having some issues with bowel inflammation (thanks, Crohn's!!!), so I'm worried that I'm retaining some water and will be heavier than I'd like. :( I'm trying not to worry excessively about what the scale shows tonight, because I know I've been eating well and following OMAD rigorously. I haven't gone outside my 1.5 hour eating window, and my last cheat day on Saturday probably was less calorically than my usual solo meals.

I feel like I'm too early in this process to be feeling so defeated, yet I do feel worried. I'm holding fast to the mentality that my body might just be focusing on repairing itself, and it very well could be that I'm only going to total a 1 pound loss in my first month. sigh

Well, either way, keep your fingers crossed for some positive numbers flashing across that scale this evening! I hope everyone else is having a good start to your Friday. The office is buzzing and I've got a lot of recruiting stuff to do, so I'm hoping it makes the day go by fast!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    It's Friday! Hallelujah!

I opted not to weigh myself last night, because I was so exhausted and sick feeling by the time I got home. My fever went back up to 100.2, so I had a bowl of vege and lentil soup with a small side salad, then I went to bed around 8:00 PM. Thankfully, I am finally fever free, but I feel a lot of pressure on my chest, so I'm thinking of going to the doctor on Monday if this doesn't clear up by the end of the weekend. I hate being sick!

Since I skipped weighing yesterday, I'll be weighing this evening when I get home. I've been having some issues with bowel inflammation (thanks, Crohn's!!!), so I'm worried that I'm retaining some water and will be heavier than I'd like. :( I'm trying not to worry excessively about what the scale shows tonight, because I know I've been eating well and following OMAD rigorously. I haven't gone outside my 1.5 hour eating window, and my last cheat day on Saturday probably was less calorically than my usual solo meals.

I feel like I'm too early in this process to be feeling so defeated, yet I do feel worried. I'm holding fast to the mentality that my body might just be focusing on repairing itself, and it very well could be that I'm only going to total a 1 pound loss in my first month. sigh

Well, either way, keep your fingers crossed for some positive numbers flashing across that scale this evening! I hope everyone else is having a good start to your Friday. The office is buzzing and I've got a lot of recruiting stuff to do, so I'm hoping it makes the day go by fast!

Don't get discouraged, or feel defeated..FIRST of all, half of the reason you're feeling like that is because you don't feel good...it puts a damper on everything. ALSO, you don't have a ton to lose! Therefore, it's going to be slower...just the nature of the beast. Stay the course, run the play, and you'll get there :)

PS I was hella sick for MONTHS and it kicked my butt too...just listen to your body and let it heal...don't overly stress about the OMAD...your health is more important. I hope you feel better soon!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Get lots of rest, I hope you're better by Monday so you don't have to go to the doctors o:)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    jadeblue14 wrote: »

I do prefer evening weigh-ins, as I notice that my tummy is a bit inflamed when I initially wake up. I have Crohn's Disease, and water helps a lot with managing my inflammation, so waking up from sleep usually is a bit uncomfortable as I'm met with a lot of intestinal cramping. :(

Usually by the evening before I break my fast, all I've consumed throughout the day is water (and maybe chewed a stick of gum), so I wouldn't think it'd significantly influence my weight. :) I might try for a bit doing a morning weigh-in and evening weigh-in just to see if there is much of a difference (all before eating, of course).

Thanks for the kind thoughts, btw. I'm glad I came in to work today, but a part of me is still wishing I was in bed, snuggled up beneath my weighted and heated blankets, haha. This flu is kicking my butt!

I weigh every morning and eve and after a workout. It is very informative!
  • blambo61
    Options
    It's Friday! Hallelujah!

Just stick with it. I've had some plateaus that have lasted for a while but you will break below them. Hope you get well soon!
  • sammygold2015
    Options
    I would be scared to weigh in the evening before I break fast just from the shear amount of liquids I intake during the fasting period. I think I'll try it for the data, because I am curious. I like facing scary things *sometimes* lmbo!

I hope your Saturday is treating you well.
  • blambo61
    Options
    I would be scared to weigh in the evening before I break fast just from the shear amount of liquids I intake during the fasting period. I think I'll try it for the data, because I am curious. I like facing scary things *sometimes* lmbo!

I hope your Saturday is treating you well.

I normally will lose about 2-3lbs of water from night tell morning (I weigh every evening and morning and after a workout). It also depends on if I drank a lot or not. If not it will be on the lower side of a difference. I think it is very informative.
  • sunnycobayo
    Options
    Hi, everyone! Thanks for all your advice and thoughts. I didn't mean to be so quiet over the weekend, but I ended up getting another fever and had to go to the ER. Argh!

Fortunately, I think everything should be fine now... or at least on its way. As it turns out, I have a very mild case of walking pneumonia, so that would explain why this "cold" just wouldn't go away and was accompanied by such a prolonged presence of fevers. Not the most fun, but now that I have a correct diagnosis, I'm hoping that this will be the week that I kick this for good.

As for OMAD, I've still been sticking to my guns. I did my weigh-in on Saturday, and I sadly was the same weight of 124.6. I'm disappointed, but I'm going to keep chugging along. So for now, here is how my progress is coming along:

Week 1 (2/12-2/18): 125 lbs
    Week 2 (2/19-2/25): 124.6 lbs
    Week 3 (2/26-3/4): 124.6 lbs

Total lost: 0.4 lbs
    Goal weight: 105(ish) lbs

As has been suggested, I'm going to try weighing both in the morning and the evening on my weigh-in days (just to see if there is a significant difference between the two times). Here's a snap of yesterday's meal:
    0nw9awu4fblh.jpg
    Husband once again made homemade/scratch vegetarian pizza for me. Only two slices are pictured here, but I also had a side salad, FiberOne lemon bar, and glass of champagne. I don't know why I don't plate everything together; I guess I just am weird about pizza sauce getting onto my salad or other meal items. :p Just so things don't look so bare and require so much additional explanation, I'll try to plop everything side by side in the photos before capturing them.

Well, I hope everyone else had a great weekend! I also hope that your Mondays are off to terrific starts. I'm feeling a bit yucky, but not nearly as bad as I did last week, so I'll take that as a victory. I'm hoping this is the week I see 123! Let's goooooo!
  • sammygold2015
    Options
    I am glad to hear that you are on the mend. That pizza looks delicious.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    You're probably holding onto water weight from the pneumonia, take it easy and I hope you're better soon o:)
  • sunnycobayo
    Options
    @sammygold2015 @Brendalea69 Thank you so much, ladies. I can't believe I got this sick, but I'm glad I'm on my way to recovery. :)