Sunny's OMAD Excursion

Options

Replies

• mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    ICK I've had that stupid walking pneumonia more times than I'd like to remember and it SUCKS...hopefully you've finally kicked it :)
  • sunnycobayo
    sunnycobayo Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was another good OMAD day. I worked a bit late, so leftovers were the name of my game. Had three slices of the pizza my husband made, plus a side salad, a banana, a FiberOne brownie, and a bottle of beer.

It's snowing pretty heavily at the moment, so I'm hoping that tomorrow will be a "snow day". :) Gotta love the randomness of Wisconsin weather; it was in the 40s and felt great just two days ago, and now it's below freezing and precipitating like crazy.
  • jadeblue14
    jadeblue14 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Glad you're starting to feel a bit better. pneumonia is no joke. Definitely take care of yourself. I agree that your body could definitely be retaining water because you're sick. It sounds like you're on a good path.
    We're looking at an incoming snow storm, too. I really hope I we both get snow days.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Don't mess with walking pneumonia! I've had it and it can last a long time. Get lots of rest, take your vitamins/minerals, and take care of yourself. Wish you the best.
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Take care!
  • sunnycobayo
    Options
    Thanks, everyone. I really appreciate how encouraging and supportive everyone has been. I'm slowly getting better each day, so I'm grateful for that!

nmeshadicjg8.jpg
    Yesterday's meal consisted of pasta, garlic bread, a side salad, a FiberOne brownie, and a glass of wine.

It's much warmer today, so no snow day, unfortunately. I'm ready for the weekend! :) Hope y'all are doing great! <3
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I had pasta and garlic bread yesterday too :)
  • sunnycobayo
    Options
    @Brendalea69 Mmm, was yours yummy? :) I'm a huge fan of pasta!

Yesterday was a busy day, but I followed OMAD like a champ. I had leftover pasta, garlic bread, and salad. No other additions or beverages, as I was a bit tired when I got home and didn't have the energy or stomach for any alcohol.

Even though today is not Saturday (obviously, haha), I will be making this my "feast" day. But, I'm going to isolate my eating window to only 8 hours (11:30 AM to 7:30 PM). Our office is celebrating birthdays with fruit platters and some snacks, and I want to be able to participate in the fun. :)

Hope everyone is having a good day today! The weekend is almost here!
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    Sunny it was super yummy, spaghetti is my favorite pasta :p

It's not Saturday?! :D
  • sunnycobayo
    Options
    LOL, I wish it was Saturday. :D
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Come on Saturday. :D
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Saturday is almost here! I love left over pasta! Most of the time, more than the fresh pasta.
  • sunnycobayo
    Options
    Haha, you all are too much fun. :D

Yesterday was a good day! As noted, I opted to have it be a feast day, so I could participate in work-related celebrations. I didn't go nuts, though, and kept my snacking to fruit and about 200 kcal of pretzels (it was hard to pass on the cookies and ice cream, let me tell ya). When I got home, I had a FiberOne lemon bar, bottle of beer, and spinach/mozzarella panini. I forgot to take a picture--whoops!

Happy Friday, friends! We're almost to the finish line for the week! :) I don't have a lot planned for my evening, but Saturday and Sunday both are going to be fairly relaxing. I'm grabbing lunch both on Saturday and Sunday with friends, so I will be keeping those meals as my OMADs. Since yesterday was my feast, I will not weigh until Sunday. I'm really hoping to see some movement. Come on, scale! Give me something!

I'm reaching the point where if after a full month of OMAD I don't see at least a pound of loss, I might change my feast days from being four times a month to only two times a month. I don't think they're the culprit, since I don't go too crazy, but I need to switch something up. I'm sure it's fine, but it's very discouraging to not see progress via the scale. I know having PCOS makes it harder to lose, but jeez.
  • Brendalea69
    edited March 2018
    Options
    If you don't have another splurge day until at least next weekend you should see a loss, good luck and have a nice weekend with your friends :)
  • sunnycobayo
    Options
    Thanks, @Brendalea69 ! I'm hoping that'll switch things up and result in a loss, too. :)
  • sunnycobayo
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Happy weekend, everyone!

oq74iezwdkzx.jpg
    Yesterday's OMAD meal was a lentil stew (potatoes, carrots, onions, and brown lentils) with homemade cornbread and Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top. I also had two FiberOne bars (one brownie and one lemon bar) as desserts. Sorry not pictured.

It's going to be a fairly relaxing weekend for me. :) Having lunch with a friend today, then having lunch with a different friend tomorrow after church. Both of these outings will count as my OMAD meals, so I'm hoping to keep everything in check. I'll be officially weighing on Sunday... hoping to see some good numbers.

Enjoy your weekends, friends! I'll try to remember to snap photos of my OMAD noms today and tomorrow. Also, just for fun, here is a cuddly snap of one of my cavies, Phammer:
    13v85iieqkvi.jpg

Hehe, have a great day!
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    He is so cute!
  • sunnycobayo
    Options
    Thanks, Tracey! :) He's such a sweetie pie. <3
  • Brendalea69