Sunny's OMAD Excursion

Options

Replies

• sunnycobayo
    sunnycobayo Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Hello, friends! Yesterday was my feast day, but I was good! :D As planned, I kept my eating to a 6 hour window. I had lunch at Jason's Deli and opted for the all-you-can-eat salad bar. It was pretty yummy! I stuck with vegetables and did not consume any of the additional sides offered on their salad bar (i.e. muffins, sunflower seeds).
    fsyockewajqg.jpg
    If my supper meal looks familiar, that's because it was leftovers! I couldn't finish my pizza the other night due to feeling unwell, so I had the remainder of it for dinner, plus another salad. As a beverage, I had a pretty tall glass of wine. I also had a FiberOne brownie for dessert.

I hope the week has treated you all well. :) I'm glad Friday is almost here (as always, haha)!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Yay it's almost Friday and I'm having pizza and maybe even pizza on Saturday too! :p
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    MMMM Pizza, seeing it two days in a row has definitely got me wanting some. I may make me a low carb fathead white pizza. (Alfredo sauce, Chicken, Tomatoes, spinach and cheese)
  • sunnycobayo
    Options
    @Brendalea69 Haha, a woman after my own heart! :)
    @tlblanksfit That sounds sooooo good! I've never tried alfredo sauce on pizza, but that might be the next thing I experiment with!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    We eat pizza almost every Friday! Yum Yum
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    Hi, Sunny! So happy to see another shorty in the group (I'm 4'9"!).
    That pizza looks great, and I will echo the deliciousness that is alfredo sauce as a base! I especially loved it with roasted asparagus on top when I was a vegetarian.
  • sunnycobayo
    Options
    @blambo61 Haha, I am so happy I'm not alone on the "eat pizza once/week" train. :D

@brittdee88 It's nice to meet you, Britt! I think we petite ladies have some unique barriers when it comes to weight loss, so I'm looking forward to us cheering one another on. :) Out of curiosity, was there a reason you stopped being a vegetarian? I'm a lifelong vegetarian due to my South Asian upbringing (although my sister transitioned from vegetarianism to veganism a few years ago), and I was able to get my husband to adhere to eating this way for about one year... lol, then he decided that he just really needs a burger every once in awhile, haha. No judgment from me! Cheese is my guilty (and painful) pleasure, so I understand his need for a burger or bacon. :D
  • sunnycobayo
    Options
    It's Friday, friends! I know I'm not alone in my excitement! :)

fegktp2lcvp8.jpg
    Yesterday's OMAD was a bit lowkey. The hubs and I made brown rice-based vegetable fried rice. We boiled bok choy to line the sides and made some basic vegetable dumplings to go on top. I had one FiberOne lemon bar and two glasses of champagne.

A bit of random news--I found out we're moving this summer! My husband took a research position in North Carolina, so it looks like we'll be getting away from the northern cold for awhile. I'm both sad and excited for a new adventure. We'll be heading out around the second or third week of June, so it's going to get here fast!

My weekend won't be too terribly exciting. I'm planning on spending Saturday relaxing, then Sunday will be "chore day", boooooo. A necessary evil, I know. Since I opted to have Wednesday be my feast day, I will be good and adhere to OMAD throughout the weekend. I've been thinking more and more about it, and I've decided that if I am not at least 122 by the end of month #2 of following OMAD, then I will be culling feast days. I want to leave myself with at least two each month, but I think it's not been helpful for me to rely on them each week. I know I've been diligent in not overeating on these days (and I'm now following 18:6 on feast days), but I'm feeling anxious about such slow progress. Hopefully the warmer weather will allow for more walking outdoors... maybe that's the jolt my body needs.

Lemme tell ya, friends--slow progress is for the birds. :/
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    I have a brother and sister in law that live in North Carolina, I haven't been to visit yet but it's on my bucket list :p

I'm trying to get to 122 too and I had no loss this week...We will get there and I think I'm gonna change my splurge day window from 6 hours down to 4...Good luck to us both :)
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Good luck with your move! That is coming up quickly!

I actually was a vegetarian for 5 years for ethical reasons, stopped because I got sick, then went vegan for the same reason twice and got sick again. I have a lot of food allergies (wheat, soy, can't eat too much dairy, and now rice), which greatly limited my ability to eat a healthful balanced diet as a vegan unless I spent more money than I have for supplements, mock meats, and the more exotic plants that provide the nutrients I was missing. Coupled with being insulin resistant, I was pretty much screwed. I couldn't afford to continue buying wheat-free soy-free protein that wasn't also carb-heavy, and I ended up gaining weight or struggling massively with losing it, hair started falling out, skin elasticity suffered, etc. I hope to one day be able to go back to it when I am in a better place financially, but as a student, I just couldn't make it work.
  • sunnycobayo
    Options
    @Brendalea69 We can do it! :)

@brittdee88 That makes total sense. I feel you, girl! I am lactose intolerant, which sucks. I obviously make exceptions for pizza (LOL, I'm a slave to cheese), but it's a struggle. I'm soooo sorry that you have been sick, but I'm glad you made choices that were best for you! <3 You've gotta put your health first. :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    I have a brother and sister in law that live in North Carolina, I haven't been to visit yet but it's on my bucket list :p

I'm trying to get to 122 too and I had no loss this week...We will get there and I think I'm gonna change my splurge day window from 6 hours down to 4...Good luck to us both :)

I'm splurging almost every day by that definition (4-hrs)! I wouldn't worry about a one week no loss. You are Ms. Consistent and will accomplish whatever you set out to.
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    Thanks Bob :)
  • sunnycobayo
    Options
    Good morning, OMAD friends! Happy Saturday! :)

wcd5ztfiocwy.jpg
    Last night's meal ended up being more traditional, because I didn't feel like doing anything fancy, lol. Husband made the garlic naan from scratch with whole wheat flour (he's gotten so good at it!). The curry is moong daal (split yellow mung beans or lentils). Everything was chopped with fresh parsley. Basmati rice is pictured here, but I didn't eat it since the naan was enough to hold me over; the rice will likely be repurposed for a vegetable fried rice today... we'll see! Not pictured that was also consumed: one FiberOne brownie and two Woodchuck ciders.

I'll be weighing this evening, so please wish me luck that I'll see the 123s. I'm planning on taking a walk and ultimately hoping to start incorporating some light walking into my daily routine now that there isn't 6+ inches of snow everywhere. :p

Have a terrific Saturday, everyone!
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    123, 123, 123, come on 123!
  • ArizonaToast
    ArizonaToast Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Crossing my fingers for 123!
  • brittdee88
    edited March 2018
    Options
    That looks absolutely DELICIOUS, Sunny! Naan is one of the foods I miss the most since developing my allergy. My best friend and I had a tradition of visiting the Indian buffet every Sunday afternoon in college, and I ALWAYS got at least 3 pieces of naan that I dipped in the tamarind and mint chutneys. I'm making myself hungry!
    Happy Saturday, and I hope you see 123!
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    Crossing my fingers too, XX :)

Woodchuck Ciders???
  • sunnycobayo
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Thanks for the cheers, everyone!

@brittdee88 Thanks, Britt! <3 I love my carbs, thanks in part to how much I enjoyed things like naan and rotis growing up. :) Yum, yum--I wish there were some good Indian places around here... sometimes I want to savor some traditional foods without having to cook them, myself. :D I'm working on training the husband, though... haha, we're getting there!

@Brendalea69 Yes, it's a brand of ciders! I love them and find them to be fairly flavorful for not too many calories like some brands (i.e. CiderBoys). :) Starting today, I'm going to try taking pictures of my beverages... I don't know why I haven't been doing it this whole time, lol.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    He looks like he is taking well to the training! ;)