Sunny's OMAD Excursion

Options

Replies

• sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    No Problem. I know this process works differently for everyone. Sometimes or for some people, you have to look at it from a body composition aspect.
  • sunnycobayo
    sunnycobayo Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Sunny, I watched a Dr. Berg video and he explained how he was working with a patient and the first month there was no loss, but then after that she had a big pound loss the next month. He explained it as the body taking the time to work on itself and then after it was done, the weight could fall off. If I find the video again, I will be sure to share.
    Thanks, Tracey! It's nice to hear that this isn't something that's completely rare. I was shocked (and maybe even a bit embarrassed) when I saw such a teeny, tiny change in the scale... but, it does make sense that the body would need a bit of time to adapt to the "stress" I'm putting it under with a consistent fasting regime.

Definitely looking forward to seeing the video if you happen to find it! If not, that's fine too! I actually feel more relieved after sharing my worries with you guys, haha. Onward and upward (or technically downward :p) as they say! :)
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
  • sunnycobayo
    Options
    @tlblanksfit Thank you, thank you! <3
  • sunnycobayo
    Options
    Sidenote for me, just to make weight tracking a bit simpler:

Week 1 (2/12-2/18): 125 lbs
    Week 2 (2/19-2/25): [will wait to update with week's "official" weight until I weigh myself again this evening]

I'm hoping to have Thursdays or Fridays be my official weigh-in days, just for the sake of consistency. I'm sure there will be weeks where if I don't like what I see, I'll push it back to Saturday or Sunday, haha.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    Sunny, I watched a Dr. Berg video and he explained how he was working with a patient and the first month there was no loss, but then after that she had a big pound loss the next month. He explained it as the body taking the time to work on itself and then after it was done, the weight could fall off. If I find the video again, I will be sure to share.

I'd be interested in watching that too! :#:#:#
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Sunny maybe its just the scales, none are the same...Now that you have a new scale next week's weigh in will be more accurate...Your clothes are fitting better so yay for that :)
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Sunny maybe its just the scales, none are the same...Now that you have a new scale next week's weigh in will be more accurate...Your clothes are fitting better so yay for that :)

That's exactly what I was going to say. Scales all weigh differently, so I'd say it's probably that if your clothes are fitting better...
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    dkayingram wrote: »
    Sunny,
    Your pizzas sound amazing. I love making homemade ones, and like you I can't go back to the delivery type! I have never tried black eyed peas on mine but that sounds amazing.
    Hope you have a great week!!!
    I LOOOOVE beans on top of pizza. I know it sounds weird, but lentils are another thing I enjoy topping off my homemade pizzas with. So tasty and gives ya that extra fiber boost. :D
    jadeblue14 wrote: »
    That sounds like a great day.
    It was pretty good! I'm chugging along and happy to report that OMAD hasn't been as hard on me as I was fearing. Woo hoo!

You know how some people like anchovies, well try some tuna on a pizza, I swear it is great even though it sounds weird.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Yesterday was another successful OMAD day. Since I had the day off, the hubs and I actually drove to a cute diner and had lunch. I ordered pancakes (sooooo good), a spiced chai latte, and a small order of eggs. Had a delicious, fruity beer with my noms, and it tied the entire thing together.

I can say that I'm not a fan of having lunch be my OMAD, as I found myself hungry this morning. By the time I have a chance to break my fast this evening, I'll have knocked out 28~29 hours of fasting. It's not the end of the world, but I think dinner as my only meal works better for me... it was worth it to get to have a nice lunch outing with my husband, though, so I suppose I shouldn't complain. :smile:

My scale came in! Finally! I was very disappointed to see that I'm 124.8... meaning that I've only lost 0.2 pounds since I last weighed myself on 2/11. Hmm. :/ I'm hoping that it's just a fluke. I weighed myself last night and plan on doing so again this evening before I eat, just to check. I can tell that some of my work skirts and pants are fitting looser, so it strikes me as odd to see pretty much zero loss across this much time. I'm not going to get discouraged... just going to keep chugging along. :smiley:

I hope all is well with everyone else! It's almost Friday!!!

If your clothes are getting looser, your losing fat. You could be retaining water and/or gaining some muscle. You have to weigh often and watch it over a period of time to see what is happening.
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing the video, as a newbie I enjoyed it as well.
    If your clothes are loser you are doing the right thing, just keep on doing it!
    Have a good Friday!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    dkayingram wrote: »
    Sunny,
    Your pizzas sound amazing. I love making homemade ones, and like you I can't go back to the delivery type! I have never tried black eyed peas on mine but that sounds amazing.
    Hope you have a great week!!!
    I LOOOOVE beans on top of pizza. I know it sounds weird, but lentils are another thing I enjoy topping off my homemade pizzas with. So tasty and gives ya that extra fiber boost. :D
    jadeblue14 wrote: »
    That sounds like a great day.
    It was pretty good! I'm chugging along and happy to report that OMAD hasn't been as hard on me as I was fearing. Woo hoo!

You know how some people like anchovies, well try some tuna on a pizza, I swear it is great even though it sounds weird.

I'd try tuna on pizza! I also love anchovies lmao
  • sunnycobayo
    Options
    Thank you, everyone, for the words of encouragement. I was still struggling with feeling down about my teeny, tiny loss, but you've all made me feel so much better. :) I decided to not weigh myself last night, but when I hopped on the scale this morning, I was 124.6. Haha, so still not a humongous loss, but nicer than the 124.8. :D

Anyhow, I'm trying to hop on board with taking pictures of my meals, sooooooo...
    b8cmozc3dkra.jpeg

The husband made me a vegetarian huareche. It's topped with lettuce, homemade salsa, tortilla chips, and seasoned textured vegetable protein. It was DELICIOUS! I don't know why my husband doesn't cook more, because he's actually a better cook than I am. :P Not pictured was a beer I drank with the meal and blueberry muffin I consumed after. I also realize that it probably looks strange that my plate is on my floor/carpet, lol. I took this before we had laid down our eating mat; I typically eat on the floor beside my guinea pig enclosure while they're also eating their supper, just because I'm weird and it makes me feel like we're one big happy family. :D

Quirkiness aside, here's my weight tracking/update:

Week 1 (2/12-2/18): 125 lbs
    Week 2 (2/19-2/25): 124.6 lbs

Total loss: 0.4 lbs
    Goal weight: 105(ish) lbs

Not sure what I'm having for dinner tonight, but I'm so glad it's Friday and that the weekend is almost here. I hope everyone has a terrrrrific day! <3
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Your meal looks good. And congrats on the loss.
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I hadn't even noticed the carpet because the plate looked so good. My first week I also lost 0.4 pounds and so did Sandy (She's hasn't posted for a while, I miss her) so you are in good company. Keep up the good work and the losses will come.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Yay for the loss, it may seem small but you have non scale victories and also you don't have much to lose so great work! Thats cute that you eat with your pig :)
  • sunnycobayo
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! I'm trying to tell myself that as long as the scale is moving in the right direction, I really have no room to complain about anything. :)

Yay for the loss, it may seem small but you have non scale victories and also you don't have much to lose so great work! Thats cute that you eat with your pig :)
    Haha, my husband thinks it's super weird that I prefer to have supper at the same time as my piggies... but he plays along, lol. I'm a huge lover of guinea pigs (I have five boars, actually)! They're so doofy and silly... they just really know how to brighten my day when I've had a rough time at work.
  • sunnycobayo
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Sunny, tell me about your animals! I miss mine, so I have to live vicariously through you :p

You're doing great and I'm excited to read about your scale results when it gets here!

PS Lentil and tater stew sounds like my kinda food! :)
    Ahhh, I'm so sorry I missed this, Steph! I'm still getting used to MFP, and somehow I totally never responded to you. You can most definitely live vicariously through me, because I adore my fur and feather babies (and will never miss an opportunity to talk about them or share an unnecessary amount of images :D).

I currently have 12 critters--5 guinea pigs and 7 budgies. We had 6 guinea pigs in total, but one of my sweet boys passed away in December. I do a lot of fostering, which results in me typically keeping everything, lol. My husband is a very patient man.

You mentioned you had rabbits... was there a reason you stopped owning them? :) I think they're so cute! The only reason I don't have any right now is because of a lack of space. As soon as my husband and I buy a house, you had better believe we'll add to our squad with more piggies, more birdies, and I'm sure some other friends! Haha, we'll likely wind up being those people with like 30 animals, LOL!

Maybe I'm a bit eccentric, but... whatever! You only live once, so might as well make a difference in whatever way you can. :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    Sunny, tell me about your animals! I miss mine, so I have to live vicariously through you :p

You're doing great and I'm excited to read about your scale results when it gets here!

PS Lentil and tater stew sounds like my kinda food! :)
    Ahhh, I'm so sorry I missed this, Steph! I'm still getting used to MFP, and somehow I totally never responded to you. You can most definitely live vicariously through me, because I adore my fur and feather babies (and will never miss an opportunity to talk about them or share an unnecessary amount of images :D).

I currently have 12 critters--5 guinea pigs and 7 budgies. We had 6 guinea pigs in total, but one of my sweet boys passed away in December. I do a lot of fostering, which results in me typically keeping everything, lol. My husband is a very patient man.

You mentioned you had rabbits... was there a reason you stopped owning them? :) I think they're so cute! The only reason I don't have any right now is because of a lack of space. As soon as my husband and I buy a house, you had better believe we'll add to our squad with more piggies, more birdies, and I'm sure some other friends! Haha, we'll likely wind up being those people with like 30 animals, LOL!

Maybe I'm a bit eccentric, but... whatever! You only live once, so might as well make a difference in whatever way you can. :)

That's ok! Glad you responded at all :) I only got out of the rabbits because I was moving away for school (this was a while back) - then again, I did competition breeding and had over 300 head in my herd lmao...more recently I had my sweet baby kitty, Smidge...we lost her October 1st and it literally broke my heart :'(:'(:'( She was my tiny little soulmate, and I miss her literally every day. I'll find some pictures for you...she was a Teacup Persian Himalayan...all white with one blue eye and one green eye.

In hindsight, I fell into a fairly significant depression after that which is right when my weightloss kinda petered off (and probably also to contributed to me getting so sick for so long...stress lowers the immune system and I already don't have much of one LMAO).

We have 1 cat right now...I love her like I love all animals but she was my parents and we only took her because they were moving to Tx and couldn't keep her.

One day, I will find a new fur baby but I know my heart isn't ready yet. I'll go find some pictures of my Smidge :)
  • sunnycobayo
    Options
    @mistymeadows2005 Steph, thank you for sharing. I'd LOVE to see photos of Smidge! If you ever need to share happy memories of your precious kitty, I'm always down for that. :)

I understand what you mean about the feeling of loss and pain. One of my boars (Ptolemy) passed away very tragically in December (as a result of the ill treatment he had received from his former owners, prior to my fostering into adopting him). I still cry about it at least once a week, although I know that I did everything I could to save him and give him a happy life. My poor husband has listened to me wail on and on, haha... but I feel like it's helped me cope a little bit.