Leslie Sansone April 2018 Walk Challenge

Replies

• texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    @VeggieGirlforLife, You're welcome. I change things up when I either need to or just want to. There are a few things like the bounces that I can't do (old ankle injury), so I do different moves instead. I can never catch on to that cha-cha so I make up something :laugh". I always do the mambo combo because I'm bored mambo-ing back and forth forever waiting for her to "teach" me the combo :D , again. Sometimes I do a triple side step when I get bored of doubles. If I'm feeling strong I'll up the number of knee lifts... if not feeling strong I'll do just one or two instead of the quads she is doing. Sometimes I'll leave the DVD running and do what I call a 'therapy' walk in the long hallway, and do all the walking exercises PT taught my brother while he was recovering from the accident. Changes up how I'm doing the walking and "surprises my muscles" when I do that. But I'm still moving. When LS is boosting sometimes I get on the rebounder and do that instead, or run around the room instead of going back and forth. These are just a few ideas, but I'll bet you will come up with your own very creative ones.

You will do really great with your recovery while adjusting your walks to fit your needs! You sound pretty determined!! Sorry to read about your Jillian Michaels injury. That is a bummer as it seems like you enjoyed them.

:flowerforyou:
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    99.89/100

6.96 miles golfing this morning. By tomorrow I should reach my monthly goal.
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,589 Member
    PinkyPan1 wrote: »
    99.89/100

6.96 miles golfing this morning. By tomorrow I should reach my monthly goal.

Fantastic month, PinkyPan1!
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    VeggieGirlforLife Posts: 777 Member
    @texasgardnr I tried a few of your "moves" tonight during my workout. :smiley: I love that you mentioned your rebounder ~ I use one, too. Both of my feet have issues and I can still get great cardio, but at lower impact on it.

5 BOOSTED Miles tonight! It's becoming my Saturday thing! :grin:
  • berardellicm6
    berardellicm6 Posts: 43 Member
    Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan this morning for 34 minutes.

April total 969/1200
    The sun is out...the grass is greening and the crocus and daffodils are up in one of my flower beds! Can this Sunday get any better?! Have a great day. Cathy B.
  • PinkyPan1
    108.85/100 GOAL MET
    moving forward with bonus miles.
  • Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Woot!!! First big walk outside today, a little over 2 miles.
  • AnnofB
    PinkyPan1 wrote: »
    108.85/100 GOAL MET
    moving forward with bonus miles.

Well done, PinkyPan!
  • AnnofB
    Start of week 4 for me,
    4/22 Strength/weight lifting, 33 minutes, 15 minutes of Jessica Smith Low Impact HIIT workout.
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    Walk Slim: 4 Fast Miles
  • AnnofB
    Start of week 4 for me,
    4/22 Strength/weight lifting, 33 minutes, 15 minutes of Jessica Smith Low Impact HIIT workout.
    4/23 2 miles of Leslie's 5 Day Slim Down
  • Deeder522
    Walking Total to date: 71.21

My 2 mile walk yesterday left me with a nice little bright red ring around the back of my neck. April marks the 1st sunburn of the season for me.
  • texasgardnr
    @VeggieGirlforLife, glad that my mention of the rebounder helped you, and perhaps others as well. Yes, indeed to what you said about being able to get great cardio, but at lower impact on it. I like to use it when Leslie 'boosts' in the walks. I get better boosts with it for that reason, especially with my ankle. I don't always do that, but it is definitely a better boost when I do it. Hope that you are doing better every day. Hugs.

Too many posts over the weekend to respond to them, but y'all are awesome! I needed a weekend off of DVD exercises.

@PinkyPan1, congrats on reaching your goal and beyond!!

April 23: 3 miles - Walking Off the Pounds.

Walk with a smile :)

• texasgardnr
    edited April 2018
    The Building Healthy Habits group (that I am a member of) will soon be hosting Sit Less Boot Camp, a three week program to make sitting less and moving more part of our daily routine. This is the sixth time Boot Camp has been offered on My Fitness Pal and more than 800 people have participated in past sessions. I want to help the group to get the word out, and also invite all of our awesome walkers in this group to join in too.

@themedalist has published a blog post about Sit Less Boot Camp. She is the leader of both the Building Healthy Habits group as well as of the Sit Less Boot Camp. For information on this healthy game changer Boot Camp I invite you to please read her blog and consider signing up for this event.

Here's the location of her blog: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/themedalist/view/sit-less-boot-camp-returns-may-1st-on-mfp-951704

The first year that I joined the Boot Camp made a lasting impact on me. I will definitely be joining in again, and I would love it if you would join in also!! You will definitely be glad that you did!

• VeggieGirlforLife
    3 Miles Slim & Sleek
  • AnnofB
    Joining Sit Less Boot Camp. What a great idea!
  • PinkyPan1
    AnnofB wrote: »
    Joining Sit Less Boot Camp. What a great idea!

See you there!
  • PinkyPan1
    112.85/100

1 Fun & Fast Mile
    1 Nick Mile
    1 Brisk Mile
    1 Mile Quick & Easy
  • Deeder522
    30 Minutes from 4 Fast Miles.
  • texasgardnr
    April 24: 4 miles - Miracle 4 Mile Walk, and 10 minutes- Walk Blasters: Flexibility Walk