TEAM: Flab-U-Less (May)

Options

Replies

• Frens0614
    Frens0614 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    wyhorzegal wrote: »
    Frens0614 wrote: »
    Wow now that I saw how well I had done last week, I’m so disappointed in how I did the last 5 days! I went home for Mother’s Day and I completely went crazy! I hadn’t been home in almost a year so I ate all my favorite foods. To add to the complication, my grandma actually has an eating disorder and we just lost my grandpa a few months ago :(. So now she will barely eat anything and the only way to get her to eat is to eat with her. So we all ate way too much but I feel like getting her to eat was more important? Anyway, I need to get back on track big time today!

@djou11 I’m sorry I didn’t have access to a scale, but I’m at 132 again for yesterday’s weigh-in.
    5/13: 132

hi! :) just checking on your weight did you mean 152? or 132? thanks!

HAHA definitely 152, sorry! If I magically lost 20 lbs over 5 days while eating pans of cookies, I'd be pretty excited :P. That's what I get for trying to type while multitasking. Thank you!
  • Frens0614
    Options
    My weekly goal is to avoid late night snacking. I'm hoping to avoid any snacks after 7:30pm.
  • lar25473
    lar25473 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    lar25473 wrote: »
    Week 1 (April 30): 192
    Week 2 (May 8): 190
    Week 3 (May 14): 190.6
    Week 4 (May 21):
    Week 5 (May 28):

Hey, I actually was 189.6, can you update that?
  • WA_Teacher
    WA_Teacher Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    @Djou11 & @JulieAL1969 thanks for the support. This week I'm working on tracking and increasing my water intake. My biggest struggle will be stress eating. It's state test time and my principal has put a lot of pressure on my grade level to see test score increase.
  • WA_Teacher
    Options
    I didn't check in yesterday so I'm posting it along with today's.

May 13
    Exercised: No
    Calories: No
    Tracked: Yes
    Water: 40 out of 64 oz

May 14
    Exercised: 2.5 mile walk
    Calories: Yes Barely stayed under but I'll take it!
    Water: 70 oz out of 64 oz
  • ToadstoolBetty
    ToadstoolBetty Posts: 292 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    My weekly goal is to avoid late night snacking. I'm hoping to avoid any snacks after 7:30pm.

I always have a cut off time. 9pm and no food is to be eaten, but I think I should make it 8pm or even 7. If I feel hungry or start to think of anything I should have a tea or water instead. I'm probably just thirsty anyway and my mind is just teasing me.
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,193 Member
    Options
    Good day, All! Spring is here in my neck of the woods and I am taking lots of walks. Am also trying to up water intake. I bought an electric kettle for my work room and it helps with water intake. Some afternoon tea instead of coffee is also better for my sleep. Hope your day is fabulous! Remember to proceed with love, compassion and joy, always.
  • Djou11
    Djou11 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    WA_Teacher wrote: »
    @Djou11 & @JulieAL1969 thanks for the support. This week I'm working on tracking and increasing my water intake. My biggest struggle will be stress eating. It's state test time and my principal has put a lot of pressure on my grade level to see test score increase.

@WA_Teacher stress is such a big player in our weight loss game... hang in there :)
  • Frens0614
    Options

I always have a cut off time. 9pm and no food is to be eaten, but I think I should make it 8pm or even 7. If I feel hungry or start to think of anything I should have a tea or water instead. I'm probably just thirsty anyway and my mind is just teasing me.

I completely agree. I’m normally not even hungry, just bored. I’m doing a little earlier because I’m in bed by 9pm, so I want to give myself time to digest. I’ve found mint tea really helps if I can get myself to make it.

• bisonpitcher
    bisonpitcher Posts: 519 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Bisonpitcher
    May Week 3
    Tuesday
    Previous Weight: 208.8
    Current Weight: 207.0

• RubyRed427
    Options

I'm a teacher too so I hear you about the test score pressures; here's what I say to myself, I did the best I could, I taught my students well and now it's up to them. There are so many variables that don't drive yourself crazy. You are a great teacher and you mold these kids to be wonderful students.
  • WA_Teacher
    Options
    Djou11 wrote: »
    @WA_Teacher stress is such a big player in our weight loss game... hang in there :)

Thanks and I'm taking it one day at a time.
  • WA_Teacher
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I'm a teacher too so I hear you about the test score pressures; here's what I say to myself, I did the best I could, I taught my students well and now it's up to them. There are so many variables that don't drive yourself crazy. You are a great teacher and you mold these kids to be wonderful students.

Thanks Julie and I know you're right. My students have worked really hard and I am more focused on their effort and academic growth for the year and not just SBA summative scores.
    Good day, All! Spring is here in my neck of the woods and I am taking lots of walks. Am also trying to up water intake. I bought an electric kettle for my work room and it helps with water intake. Some afternoon tea instead of coffee is also better for my sleep. Hope your day is fabulous! Remember to proceed with love, compassion and joy, always.

The walk and tea kettle are great ideas! What grade do you teach? I teach 5th grade ELA.
  • WA_Teacher
    Options
    Hope everyone had a great day!

I had a hard time with my water intake today but managed to get my 64oz. Tomorrow, I plan on drinking at least 8oz before each meal to help make me more aware of my water intake.

May 15
    Exercised: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Water: 64 out of 64 oz
  • bisonpitcher
    bisonpitcher Posts: 519 Member
    Options

Thanks Julie and I know you're right. My students have worked really hard and I am more focused on their effort and academic growth for the year and not just SBA summative scores.

The walk and tea kettle are great ideas! What grade do you teach? I teach 5th grade ELA.

I'm also a teacher. I teach HS History and coach baseball and softball. 8 days left in school for us!
  • wyhorzegal
    wyhorzegal Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    @Frens0614 If eating cookies get you -20 in a week, GIVE me that recipe haha! ;) Its all fixed for you:) How is your late night snacking going? I agree with the above with me its out of boredom or I am just thirsty.

@Lar25473 Done:) weight fixed:)

@WA_Teacher I am married to a 4th grade teacher and I know what testing does for him! I totally agree with @JulieAL1969! For stress eating have you tried to just have healthy things to stress eat on? If your teacher lounge is anything like my husbands he can't even go in there during testing, and conference week cause of all the super yummy super bad for you food.

@bisonpitcher yesterday I was teaching at the high school:) Sex Ed, lets just say they love (haha) when I get to come and be guest speaker for the day! I coached softball for several years but only at middle school level. Love BASEBALL! :) 12 days left for our school kids:)

@JulieAL1969 Amen! :) and I also love spring. Its finally nice enough here I can start planting some flowers:) I mowed my yard, and stayed outside till almost dark:)

@ToadstoolBetty how is your garden looking? Summer and eating times are so hard for me!

• wyhorzegal
    wyhorzegal Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Since we are talking about eating times and late night snacking, what is everyone rule of thumb? Is summer harder for you?

I get home from work between 6-630 and then I change clothes go straight to the barn to ride or work in my yard, and I don't come in the house till after 9-10 so then I have to cook, and of course I am starving so I eat the whole time I am cooking and then sit down and eat again:( then fall asleep cause I am exhausted! This is a horrible horrible habit! anyone have ideas? What works for you?

@Djou11 Weights up todate:)
  • RubyRed427
    Options

I also teach fifth grade ELA. But next year I will teach fourth grade ELA.
  • WA_Teacher
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the support and ideas!

@wyhorzegal, yes the teachers lounge is a dangerous place for dieters. This week I've loaded extra fruit in my lunch. So far munching on mango spears is keeping me from running to my friend's classroom for a chocolate fix.

May 16
    Exercised: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Water: 50 out of 64 oz :/
This discussion has been closed.