TEAM: Flab-U-Less (May)

Options

Replies

• Djou11
    Djou11 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    @SavannahS2016 In case that you can't weigh in on your exact designated day, you can still weigh in in the next cpl days following in order to submit a weigh in for that week.

For everyone's info the rules is that any participant that fails to submit a weigh in 2 weeks in a row without contacting the team leaders to let them know that they were unable to weigh in (no access to a scale, traveling etc)
    As long as we have the weigh in submitted by Saturday night I can submit for the weeks results.
  • SavannahS2016
    SavannahS2016 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Ok thanks @Djou11 will manage it this week. I am thinking of going premium anyone got it is it worth it
  • jamesfamily4
    jamesfamily4 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Username: jamesfamily4
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Starting weight : 146.2
    Week 1 : 144.2
    Week 2 :??
    Week 3 :
    Week 4:

I'm sorry I haven't been anywhere near a scale this past week!! My husband has been in the hospital, my mother in law is still in the hospital(shes lives with me 10ys now and I am her care taker) and I started a new job all this last week. I am stressed beyond right now. Hubby is home and doing better. Hope my MIL can come home this week, and things will settle down. Someone asked me my biggest suggestion on how to lose this weight? Dont be obsessed!! I know I ate wrong this week. I still tried to make healthy choices but eating on the go on weeks like this is tuff. I'm okay with it and know that even if I gained a lb or 2, it will come back off because overall I'm doing great and I dont give up. This isn't a set back, its life and we just need to do what we can when we can.
  • WA_Teacher
    WA_Teacher Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    WA_Teacher
    May Week 3
    Sunday
    Previous Weight: 224
    Current Weight: 225.8

I have not been very good with my eating and water and it shows. I was able to get in my workouts but as the scale shows, that means nothing if I'm not more cognitive about what I'm putting in my mouth.

My goal for this week is to log everything that I drink and eat. Since there is little to no comments from my current friends, I'm going to do a daily post here to hold me accountable.
  • Djou11
    Options
    Week 3 :
    Week 4:

I'm sorry I haven't been anywhere near a scale this past week!! My husband has been in the hospital, my mother in law is still in the hospital(shes lives with me 10ys now and I am her care taker) and I started a new job all this last week. I am stressed beyond right now. Hubby is home and doing better. Hope my MIL can come home this week, and things will settle down. Someone asked me my biggest suggestion on how to lose this weight? Dont be obsessed!! I know I ate wrong this week. I still tried to make healthy choices but eating on the go on weeks like this is tuff. I'm okay with it and know that even if I gained a lb or 2, it will come back off because overall I'm doing great and I dont give up. This isn't a set back, its life and we just need to do what we can when we can.

@jamesfamily4 oh my quite a week my dear, hope it settles down for you soon and everyone feels better. Great attitude my dear, yes life happens! Happy Mother's Day :)

WA_Teacher wrote: »
    WA_Teacher
    May Week 3
    Sunday

I have not been very good with my eating and water and it shows. I was able to get in my workouts but as the scale shows, that means nothing if I'm not more cognitive about what I'm putting in my mouth.

My goal for this week is to log everything that I drink and eat. Since there is little to no comments from my current friends, I'm going to do a daily post here to hold me accountable.

@WA_Teacher yes weight loss starts in the kitchen with 80% nutrition v20% exercise. Posting here is a great idea :) keep it up !!

@SavannahS2016 I have premium for now but I don't think it's much different /better ... it allows me to mark each meals with a specific time and adjust macros more precisely but I don't think I will keep it for ever ... honest opinion... some others love it and maybe you would too
  • stacybaker707
    stacybaker707 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Username: stacybaker707
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Starting weight: 215
    Week 1 (May 6): 213
    Week 2 (May 13): 211.2
    Week 3 (May 20):
    Week 4 (May 27):
    Went to the gym ZERO times this week due to my kids' sports (that and I hiked to the tidepools with my son's fifth grade class Mon and I was super sore). Had a family gathering last night for mother's day and ate strawberries and protein bar while everyone ate pizza
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,175 Member
    Options
    WA_Teacher wrote: »
    WA_Teacher
    May Week 3
    Sunday

Let's both make a great effort to drink lots of water. I think I'm not doing well enough in that area.
    Also, I was thinking of fasting for one day to see if I can reboot my body. Just thinking out loud.
  • Djou11
    Options
    And the results are in :)

CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR WEEK 2 WINNER @thedestar.

AND TO TEAM GUTBUSTERS FOR TAKING 1ST PLACE IN WEEK 2!!

Congratulations to our top 2 individuals this week who all managed better than 2% loss (@thedestar. - 2.50% @MelsLeanDream. - 2.11%) This is a perfect time to point out that weight loss is never linear and a consistent 1% loss per week is great, which we had quite a few of this week!! Great job for Week 2, but remember, there are still 2 weeks to go and it's still anyone's game!!

Overall, the teams did a great job and lost a total combined 68.1 lbs!!

Below are the full results for Week 2.

[The Biggest Loser Is...
    1st - @thedestar. - 2.50%
    2nd - @MelsLeanDream. - 2.11%
    3rd - @Frens0614. - 1.94%

The TEAM Biggest Loser...
    1st - Gutbusters. - 0.57%
    2nd - Flab-U-Less. - 0.42%
    3rd - The Slimsons. - 0.30%

Top 3 Individual % by Team:

The Big Butt Theory
    1st - @thedestar. - 2.50%
    2nd - @MelsLeanDream. - 2.11%
    3rd - @primekayprime. - 1.40%

The Slimsons
    1st - @ssssanaaaa. - 1.93%
    2nd - @mexiconona. - 1.31%
    3rd - @IanMoone30. - 1.23%

Gutbusters
    1st - @alydanbeads. - 1.43%
    2nd - @biche896. - 1.42%
    3rd - @szymanskicolleen. - 1.41%

Run Track Minds
    1st - @daloverlyme. - 1.08%
    2nd - @ForLangston. - 0.98%
    3rd - @mrsjhardin. - 0.92%

Flab-U-Less
    1st - @Frens0614. - 1.94%
    2nd - @lacatgirl. - 1.93%
    3rd - @NationalCapital. - 1.84%

Individual Top 3 Pounds Lost
    1st - @MelsLeanDream. - 4.2 lbs.
    2nd - @thedestar. - 4.0 lbs.
    3rd - @Djou11. - 3.5 lbs.

Overall Pounds Lost by Team
    The Big Butt Theory - 7.5 lbs.
    The Slimsons - 11.8 lbs.
    Gutbusters - 21.4 lbs.
    Run Track Minds - 9.7 lbs.
    Flab-U-Less - 17.7 lbs.

Overall Total Lost: 68.1 lbs
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Djou11 wrote: »

@leni1us I can totally imagine how hard that must have been. Is there any way you could have packed and brought your own lunch ? At least that way you would have known that your lunches were healthier... Way to get back on track.

I didn't know that everything would be provided. It was a business meeting and vendor presentations so I thought we'd be on our own for meals - maybe just one group dinner. The meeting was in Alpharetta, GA not sure what I could have toted from Los Angeles on the plane. Any ideas would be appreciated. I travel quite a bit for my job so being better prepared would have served me well.

• MiltonBuddy
    MiltonBuddy Posts: 17 Member
    Options

Username: MiltonBuddy
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Starting weight: 144lbs
    Week 1 (May 6): 144lbs
    Week 2 (May 13): 145lbs
    Week 3 (May 20):
    Week 4 (May 27):

Sorry team I’m going in the wrong direction. Need to get back on track fast and to make matters worse I’m injured from a run this week. May be out of service for all activities for awhile but hoping it’s not as bad as I fear.
  • dheliason
    dheliason Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    dheliason
    May week 3
    Monday
    Previous: 148.8
    Today: 147.2
  • NationalCapital
    NationalCapital Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone.

Username: NationalCapital
    Weigh in day: Monday (May 14/18)
    Last week's weight: 160
    Today's weight: 160

Have a great week.
  • Djou11
    Options
    leni1us wrote: »
    Djou11 wrote: »

I didn't know that everything would be provided. It was a business meeting and vendor presentations so I thought we'd be on our own for meals - maybe just one group dinner. The meeting was in Alpharetta, GA not sure what I could have toted from Los Angeles on the plane. Any ideas would be appreciated. I travel quite a bit for my job so being better prepared would have served me well.

@leni1us I understand that traveling by plane it's never easy. The only tip I thinking of is maybe make sure you have access to a mini fridge and take a little time to hit a grocery store to stock up on healthy food to pack and bring with you. Especially when it's quite a few days in a row.
  • Frens0614
    Frens0614 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Wow now that I saw how well I had done last week, I’m so disappointed in how I did the last 5 days! I went home for Mother’s Day and I completely went crazy! I hadn’t been home in almost a year so I ate all my favorite foods. To add to the complication, my grandma actually has an eating disorder and we just lost my grandpa a few months ago :(. So now she will barely eat anything and the only way to get her to eat is to eat with her. So we all ate way too much but I feel like getting her to eat was more important? Anyway, I need to get back on track big time today!

@djou11 I’m sorry I didn’t have access to a scale, but I’m at 132 again for yesterday’s weigh-in.
    5/13: 132
  • lar25473
    lar25473 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Week 1 (April 30): 192
    Week 2 (May 8): 190
    Week 3 (May 14): 190.6
    Week 4 (May 21):
    Week 5 (May 28):
  • wyhorzegal
    wyhorzegal Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    lositall wrote: »
    Sorry about my lateness I've been away. Still need the motivation of the team.

We are here for you! :) What are your short term goals! Let us know what you need to help motivated and support you!
  • wyhorzegal
    Options
    Week 3 :
    Week 4:

ooh man! I hope everyone is home and feeling better! and I totally agree with you sometimes you just have to make the best choices you can;) and move on! :) take care of yourself! I know how hard and rewarding it can be to be a caregiver.
  • wyhorzegal
    Options
    Frens0614 wrote: »
    Wow now that I saw how well I had done last week, I’m so disappointed in how I did the last 5 days! I went home for Mother’s Day and I completely went crazy! I hadn’t been home in almost a year so I ate all my favorite foods. To add to the complication, my grandma actually has an eating disorder and we just lost my grandpa a few months ago :(. So now she will barely eat anything and the only way to get her to eat is to eat with her. So we all ate way too much but I feel like getting her to eat was more important? Anyway, I need to get back on track big time today!

@djou11 I’m sorry I didn’t have access to a scale, but I’m at 132 again for yesterday’s weigh-in.
    5/13: 132

hi! :) just checking on your weight did you mean 152? or 132? thanks!
  • wyhorzegal
    Options
    @Djou11 weights are up to date:)

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! I took my mom for a drive yesterday and we went looking for new places to camp and ride. It turned out to be wonderful day with some hiking, and discovering some new places:) Then we took our new little lamb over to my in-laws to visit with them:)

This weekend was so up and down with food choices, I tried to make good choices but sometimes its so hard! We went out for lunch to a new little cafe in a little town we drove thru and it ended up being a pasta and chicken fried steak kind of place, I did the pasta it was soo soo good! but I am sure my little serving was over my daily serving of everything! haha but like @jamesfamily4 said sometimes you just eat and move on!

I saw some weekly goals with water! anyone else have any goals for this week?
  • Djou11
    Options
    @wyhorzegal thanks
This discussion has been closed.