TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (July)

Options

Replies

• HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    CCzMini wrote: »
    Hello everyone!
    My name is Colleen and I am new to this challenge and actually still new to MFP. I am very excited to finally be taking time for myself and trying to get healthier. I am 53 years old, live in PA, married, and am a cardiac NP.
    I think it is about time I practice what I preach! I have always gone up and down with weight, but for the past several years have mainly stayed up. It may be a bit of a learning curve for me to post to some of these forums, but I am looking forward to the support and exciting news of others’ successes! I can’t wait to begin this new journey and hopefully add to the weight loss of team BBT!!!

Hello, Colleen and welcome to team The Big Butt Theory!! I am so happy that you have decided that it is finally time to take care of yourself, too, and to practice what you are preaching!! Better late than never!! I hope that we can inspire you as you begin this new journey! Post as often as you like, asking questions, seeking advice, just plain venting or celebrating a success!! We are all here to help and motivate each other!!
  • Jamesb2405
    Jamesb2405 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

My name is James, I am new to joining challenges on MFP and really looking forward to taking part in a community. I am looking to drink 2L water a day and keep up with recording my dietary intake on a daily basis. I want to loose a few more IBS as I am trying to lower my body fat % while doing moderate weight training.

I weigh on a daily basis and record on fitbit to get a weekly average, instead of weighing once a week. I will post the average instead on a Sunday.

Nice too meet everyone!
  • WhineThyme
    WhineThyme Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    Well, this past week has been an odd one. My kitty is feeling better :smiley: and now my husband is sick. :'(
    I'm dedicating today to getting life back into some sort of a more normal rhythm and to be back to the daily challenge of logging, staying within calories and exercising.
    Kind of happy to see a new week kick off!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    simbersea wrote: »
    Hello,

My name is Karen, user name Simbersea. I’m new to this challenge, but not new to MFP. My weight is consistent. It’s too much, but I’m usually within 2 lbs of 167. I need to be around 145. My issue is definitely food, not working out. I regularly go to the gym 5-6 days a week, doing a variety of weight lifting, Spinning, swimming and boxing. But you know how they say weight loss is 80% food, 20% exercise? I am proof of that. So I’m looking forward to joining this group and doing better at hitting my target calories every day. Fingers crossed.

Hi, Karen, and welcome to team The Big Butt Theory!! Wow, you really do workout a lot!! That's great that you have that 20% well taken care of!! I hope we can help motivate you to take care of the last 80%!! I don't know if you recall, but we were teammates a few years ago when Melodie was doing her challenges. Nice to meet up again!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    slokey83 wrote: »
    Hello! My name is Sarah. I'm 34 yrs old, married with a 10 yr old daughter and a teddy bear dog. I currently weigh 243.7 lbs. I would like to lose 1-2 lbs per week dor the month of July. I have started keto in June and have lost 12 lbs so far. I have hit a plateau the past couple of weeks so hopefully I can break through. I look forward to getting to know everyone. Hopefully we can all reach our goals this month.

Hi, Sarah, and welcome!! Congratulations on losing 12 pounds last month!! That is a great start to your journey!! Hopefully we can be a source of motivation for you to keep pushing through!! Here's to a great July!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Jamesb2405 wrote: »
    Hi everyone!

My name is James, I am new to joining challenges on MFP and really looking forward to taking part in a community. I am looking to drink 2L water a day and keep up with recording my dietary intake on a daily basis. I want to loose a few more IBS as I am trying to lower my body fat % while doing moderate weight training.

I weigh on a daily basis and record on fitbit to get a weekly average, instead of weighing once a week. I will post the average instead on a Sunday.

Nice too meet everyone!

Hello, James, and welcome to team The Big Butt Theory!! I see you got in just under the wire!! Your plans to drink your water, log your food and exercise are your keys to success! We wish you the best of luck and are here to support you!

You say that Sunday is your chosen day to post your weight (average). Then that means that you will be posting your first one today. Week #1 of July starts today.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    As far as I can tell, we just have 3 new members yet to make their way over to the July thread:

@afitznla, @hippiestarz, and @Lorrieonline

Welcome! We are looking forward to meeting you all!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Well, this past week has been an odd one. My kitty is feeling better :smiley: and now my husband is sick. :'(
    I'm dedicating today to getting life back into some sort of a more normal rhythm and to be back to the daily challenge of logging, staying within calories and exercising.
    Kind of happy to see a new week kick off!

Hope your hubby feels better soon. Yes, gotta love Sundays and Mondays....the two "fresh start" days given to us every week!!
  • simbersea
    simbersea Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the nice welcome Lisa. I’m going to adopt your mantracand remind myself to savor each bite - and eat less of them 😄

Today is my rest day so I have to be very careful with calories to stay in budget. Im doing the mini-accountability challenge, so I’ve logged my 2 cups of coffee & cream and I’ll do my 20 minutes of light activity after my next cup.

Happy Canada Day. Enjoy the fireworks 💥

• drea2011
    drea2011 Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Hello all my name is Drea and this is my 3rd monthcin this challenge, May and June were pretty bad for me I wasn’t consistent with my workouts, and reverted to cheat days instead of meals...but all that’s changed hello July!

Lasts weeks weight: 230.8
    This weeks weight: 223.5

And @HASWLRS this was with a cheat meal that was 3 slices of New York pizza (not really ny bt I found this amazing restaurant)

Yea baby!!! I will be under 200 by Labor Day!

Happy Sunday peeps I’m happy to start us off right in a while!

Happy July!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    drea2011 wrote: »
    Hello all my name is Drea and this is my 3rd monthcin this challenge, May and June were pretty bad for me I wasn’t consistent with my workouts, and reverted to cheat days instead of meals...but all that’s changed hello July!

Lasts weeks weight: 230.8
    This weeks weight: 223.5

And @HASWLRS this was with a cheat meal that was 3 slices of New York pizza (not really ny bt I found this amazing restaurant)

Yea baby!!! I will be under 200 by Labor Day!

Happy Sunday peeps I’m happy to start us off right in a while!

Happy July!

I, too, am happy that you have started us off on the right foot for the July Challenge!! You have had an incredible bounce back week!! You should be very proud of yourself!! Like I said, Drea, you can still have pizza, just maybe not every night! You can still lose with cheat meals...because you don't have to be perfect (calorie wise) all the time, just most of the time!! And you made sure it was good pizza!!!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    @Jamesb2405, the moderator actually has you down for a Saturday weigh-in, since you just posted your starting weight yesterday. It makes sense then to post your weight average this coming Saturday, the 7th, so you will have had a whole week in this challenge under your belt. Just giving you options.
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Our team rocked in June!
    Congrats to @katevt78 for being the overall winner of the month! And @HASWLRS for coming in second!
    Our team came in second for overall % lost and first place for overall lbs lost!
    Thanks big time to @HASWLRS for being a great team leader, and thanks to everyone for motivation.
  • katevt78
    katevt78 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    Our team rocked in June!
    Congrats to @katevt78 for being the overall winner of the month! And @HASWLRS for coming in second!
    Our team came in second for overall % lost and first place for overall lbs lost!
    Thanks big time to @HASWLRS for being a great team leader, and thanks to everyone for motivation.

Thanks! And I second the thanks to @HASWLRS!
  • Lorrieonline
    Lorrieonline Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Last month I was on a June challenge until my MS caused me to collapse twice in the same day with this heat. My belief and goals have to do with getting healthier, leaner, stronger and staying on track. So glad to be here with all of you! (I don't want to merely show up for life activities... I want to show up looking and feeling like a positive force of amazing natural energy!) It's the first of a new month and I'm quoting a song... "It's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new life... and I'm feeling gooooooooood!"
    Youtube Song Link: I'm Feeling Good!
  • Peachez2
    Peachez2 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey all happy Sunday and beginning of July 😊. Quick question is this where I weigh in? My day is Sunday?

This discussion has been closed.