Date - 7/2
    Food - Logged and under
    Exercise - 45min treadmill intervals, 20min walk, 30min elliptical
    Water - 64oz
    Steps - 17,249
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Wow! I just quickly scanned through your posts from the last day or two, and you all have been busy!! My long holiday weekend meant I wasn't at my computer very much, but I will get caught up, eventually! Please be patient with me!! I do also have to go for a run and go to work today. Back to reality, I guess!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Last month I was on a June challenge until my MS caused me to collapse twice in the same day with this heat. My belief and goals have to do with getting healthier, leaner, stronger and staying on track. So glad to be here with all of you! (I don't want to merely show up for life activities... I want to show up looking and feeling like a positive force of amazing natural energy!) It's the first of a new month and I'm quoting a song... "It's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new life... and I'm feeling gooooooooood!"
    Youtube Song Link: I'm Feeling Good!

Hi, Lorrie, and welcome to our team!! I love your attitude, and your song choice reflects that!! That mindset, of wanting to participate fully in life's activities and not just merely show up, along with getting healthier, leaner and stronger will go a long way to keeping your MS symptoms at bay. Here's hoping July is a great month for you!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Peachez2 wrote: »
    Mini Challenge 7/1/18
    Tracking: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: 1.74 Hike up Kennesaw Mountain and 2.01 mile walk/jog down the mountain road
    Steps: 10,605
    Water: 132 ounces

I'm thinking since my official start wait on the spreadsheet is listed as 6/30/18 and I stated my weigh day would be Sunday so I weigh next Sunday not today right since that was yesterday. But in case I am wrong when I weighed in this morning weighed 228.8lbs which is down from 229.2 so down 0.4lbs

Hey, Crystal. Yes, since this challenge goes from Sunday to Saturday, if your weigh-in day is Sunday, then you post your weight for week #1 on the first day of the challenge. I know it wasn't a big loss because it wasn't a very long period of time, but nice loss all the same!!

Your hike and jog sound awesome! Great water intake, too!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    Mini challenge
    Sun 7/1
    Tracking: no
    Calories: probably, but since I didn't track i’ll just say no. I only ate twice today and didn't each much each time. But since food was provided by my sister in law I didn't know what everything was exactly and didn't bother trying to guess
    Exercise: yes, swimming

Even though you don't have any stats to back it up, it sounds like you did have a very good day!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    txmaryk99 wrote: »
    Mini challenge

7/1
    Tracking Yes
    Calories I am going to say NO even though it looks like yes. We went to the farmers market and jamboree today so even with trying to find best guesses when logging I'm pretty sure there were calories not accounted for.
    Exercise Yes Walking at the farmers market and then bodyweight exercises at home.

If you logged everything the best you could, and you came out with an "under", then we'll count that for the challenge! That is how MFP works, even though you have your own doubts for the day!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    July 1

Exercise: Yes
    Calories: Under budget

Finished my exercises just before 11pm yet my goal is to exercise earlier. Daytime is too hot and humid for me (even with A/C) so I'm trying to work on getting to sleep earlier and rising earlier. It's tricky because I start to feel more energetic when evening sets in. Glad to be exercising accountability again. :)

Our bodies don't care when we exercise, but they do appreciate it when we do!! Great job on getting in some exercise!!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    7/1
    Exercise: Yes - 50mins exercise bike. 60mins swimming
    Calories: ate at maintenance. I havnt swam in awhile and I think it made me ravenously hungry. Take it for what it is and do better tomorrow.

You probably burned more than you thought you did, if you were that hungry after your swim (and don't forget the biking calories burned as well!!) Maybe your diary didn't say "under" but to me it sounds like you had a very good day!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Hi @HASWLRS I’m going to have to drop out of this months challenge. We are on school holidays for the next 2 weeks and then we have to travel for my youngest sons surgery. We will be out of town for another 2 weeks after that. We get home on the 31st and I’ll be ready to join August’s challenge then. I’d like to stay in the group and b3 part of the cheerleading squad if that’s ok?

Mel, I'll just hold your place on the team for August by transferring your weight each week in July so the cells on the spreadsheet are filled in. Then you will be automatically rolled over into August. I am very much hoping that you enjoy your holidays and that your son's surgery goes well!! Don't forget to look after yourself, too, while you take care of him!! Can't wait to have you back in August, ready to slay those weigh-ins once again!!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    katevt78 wrote: »
    Weigh in week: July week 1
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous weight: 150.4
    Today’s weight 148.6

What a fantastic loss, Kate!! I don't know how you do it consistently, week after week, especially now that you are getting so close to goal!! What you have in place for yourself, with your exercise, your food choices and your water intake is obviously the best combination for your success!! Congratulations on being in the 140's!!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    simbersea wrote: »
    7/1
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes - by 1 calorie 😄
    Water: tons. It’s hot here.
    Exercise: yes. Rest day so only 20 minute walk

A twenty minute walk and under by one calorie is a good looking rest day!!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Username: GardenMama129
    Weigh in week: July Week 1
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Week's weight: 157
    Todays Weight: 158

So happy for a new week/month. :flowerforyou:

Only up a pound, so not terrible. We'll use that weight as your starting point for the new month/week, and, as they say, "it's all downhill from here"!!! You got this!!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    thedestar wrote: »
    Hi everyone my name's Destiny. I've been in the group since January. I'm a sahm to 4 kids ages 8, 5, 2, and almost 8 months. I have family visiting for the next 2 weeks so finding time to exercise will be a struggle, as will making good food choices. Every summer when they visit I get the mindset "They're on vacation so I'm going to eat like I'm on vacation too!"

7/1
    Tracking yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise no

Username: thedestar
    Weigh in day: Mon
    Previous Week's weight: 152.0
    Todays Weight: 152.0

At least this year, you are aware of what their visit does to your mindset, so you are trying harder to make better food choices. Formal exercise may be tricky, so you may have to try to sneak in some "fun" exercise instead!! You don't have to exercise to lose weight, so as long as you can try to eat at maintenance or under, you at least shouldn't gain while they are here!!

Nice maintenance week, Destiny!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Rachael. I started the monthly challenge in June. I didnt do my best so I am here to make July the best it can be!

7/1
    Tracking no
    Calories no
    Exercise no

Username: MrsBrooks0913
    Weigh in day: Mon
    Previous Week's weight: 280.5
    Todays Weight: 279.5

Nice loss this week, Rachel!! Way to start July off on the right foot!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    slokey83 wrote: »
    7/1
    Tracking: yes
    Calories:yes
    Exercise: walked for 20 min on treadmill
    Steps: met goal over 5000
    Water: yes

One day down, 30 more to go. We can do this!

Great positive attitude!! We can do this for 30 more days (at a time)!!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    makhe1224 wrote: »
    Hello. My name is Marsha and I have been with this group since May of this year. I have slacked off the last couple of weeks but started my commitment again this weekend and I am dedicated to getting this weight off. I am 64 years old and started lifting weights July 1st and plan to lose 50 pounds by the end of the year.
    makhe1224 wrote: »
    July 1: weigh in
    Previous weight: 176.0
    Current weight: 174.0

Great goals, Marsha, great re commitment to weight lifting and really great loss posted this week!!! Here's to July being your best month yet!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    afitznla wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I'm Amy and I'm also one of the newbies to this group! I would like to lose about 25-30 pounds and have been struggling to get motivated! I've been 'thinking' about getting focused on my weight loss goal for about 2 years now. lol. I'm hoping that this will help to keep me on track. Today is day 1 of being more aware of and tracking what I eat. I'm hoping once I get into a routine it will be much easier.

Welcome, Amy!! Yes, unfortunately wanting to lose the weight does not make it go away....we have to take that first step, which can be the hardest one to take!! So, congratulations on joining this group for accountability and for starting the process of tracking what you are eating. And yes, once it becomes more routine it does get easier!!! Take it one day at a time, one meal at a time. Baby steps that you can build on!! You got this!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Username: TooMuchChocolate88
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Last weeks weight: 237
    Current weight 238.2
    July week 1
    Not sure if I'm posting in the right place ;^)

Yes, you are absolutely posting in the right place!! A tiny "up" this week, but not much!! You had such a good June, so you know this is just a blip on the screen!! Keep doing what you are doing, and you'll see that loss again next week!!
This discussion has been closed.