• Coheednkimbria
    Coheednkimbria Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    katevt78 wrote: »
    Weigh in week: July week 4
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous weight 146.6
    Current weight: 145.4

I began this journey at 262 pounds. While I’ve tried many many times in the past, doing different programs including using MFP a few years ago, something clicked this time. I have been completely motivated to continue to my goal. At this point I am .4 pounds away!!
    I am so excited and proud of where I am now and how far I’ve come. I am now ready for the next step: maintenance. With that, this will be my last week in the challenge. I need to start changing my thinking from losing weight to holding steady.
    I want to thank you all for the support this group has provided. I’ll still be around this week for the mini challenge and to cheer you all on.
    Good luck to you all in August!!

You are awesome! Congrats on reaching goal and best of luck to you in maintenance!!
  • violasmith85
    violasmith85 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    7/23 mini challenge
    Calories: tracked and under
    Exercise: yes, strength training today.
  • katevt78
    katevt78 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Previous weight 146.6

I began this journey at 262 pounds. While I’ve tried many many times in the past, doing different programs including using MFP a few years ago, something clicked this time. I have been completely motivated to continue to my goal. At this point I am .4 pounds away!!
    I am so excited and proud of where I am now and how far I’ve come. I am now ready for the next step: maintenance. With that, this will be my last week in the challenge. I need to start changing my thinking from losing weight to holding steady.
    I want to thank you all for the support this group has provided. I’ll still be around this week for the mini challenge and to cheer you all on.

You are awesome! Congrats on reaching goal and best of luck to you in maintenance!!

Thank you!
  • katevt78
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    Previous weight 146.6

Your story is very inspirational. Like you, something clicked for me this time after many years of failing. Usually giving up after a few weeks, a month at most. I still have a long way to go, but reading about how you stuck it out the whole way and are planning on maintaining gives me hope. I haven’t set an end goal as of yet, taking it daily and weekly has helped me so far. But i am sure as it gets closer I will know where I want to be.
    Thanks and good luck with the rest of your journey

Keep doing what you are doing! You are doing so well!
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Username: thedestar
    Weigh in day: Mon
    Previous Week's weight: 155
    Todays Weight: 154.5

So of course the week when life is finally slowing down I get sick and just normal activities are exhausting. Workouts are probably out of the question for a couple days. I did clean my house yesterday though (little man is crawling! So sweeping and vacuuming is happening a lot more) so that at least got me off the couch for a while.

7/22
    Tracking yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise yes, 45 min cleaned house
  • katevt78
    Options
    Mini challenge 7/23
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: 4 mile walk, arm day at the gym
    Water: 110 oz
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Mini challenge
    Mon 7/23
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Excercise: yes, 45 minutes at the gym

Sun: yes
    Mon: yes
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »

Speaking of August, there are five weeks in the August Challenge, and I am away for two of them. We leave on the 13th and come back on the 27th so, basically, I am away for week #3 and week #4. I am looking for someone to volunteer to enter weights for those two weeks into the spreadsheet (Craig or Ashley will have to give you access first), and do the mini challenge results and the weekly results while I am away. I could do week #2 results right before we leave, and week #4 after we come back (maybe by the Wednesday?) so it would really only be one week, #3 that I am completely away for, mini challenge wise. The alternative will be to have Craig and/or Ashley enter the weights themselves, and we forego the mini challenge for that week, which is also a feasible way to go. Think about it. All I know is, that while I am in Europe visiting my son, I will not even be logging in to MFP!

First, very excited for your trip. Europe and family! MFP should definitely not be your focus, enjoying life is #1

Second, I don’t want to be the first option, cause I think someone else could do it better. And my job is so unpredictable I could have days where I can barely keep up on myself.
    But if that time comes and no one else steps up I will volunteer. Consider me a bench player that may have to start for a few games
  • violasmith85
    violasmith85 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    Forgot to mention, had a non scale victory today. For the first time ever I fit in an XL shirt comfortably. I was so excited. At the end of May I wore 3XL.

Congrats! I have been xxl for years now. Last weekend I wore an xl out in public. Wasn’t that a great feeling?!

Yes! Really is the best motivation. Physical proof that it's working, not just some number.
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    7/23:
    Tracking-yes
    calories-yes
    Exercise- yes - Zuuuuumba!

Love seeing this!!!
  • WhineThyme
    WhineThyme Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    Forgot to mention, had a non scale victory today. For the first time ever I fit in an XL shirt comfortably. I was so excited. At the end of May I wore 3XL.

Terrific NSV! and happy shopping! :smiley:
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    thedestar wrote: »
    Username: thedestar
    Weigh in day: Mon
    Previous Week's weight: 155
    Todays Weight: 154.5

So of course the week when life is finally slowing down I get sick and just normal activities are exhausting. Workouts are probably out of the question for a couple days. I did clean my house yesterday though (little man is crawling! So sweeping and vacuuming is happening a lot more) so that at least got me off the couch for a while.

7/22
    Tracking yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise yes, 45 min cleaned house

Bad news that you are not feeling well. Good news that you lost a half pound (whoo hoo!), that life is slowing down, and that you have a clean house!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options

That is a great NSV!! I would imagine that there is more selection, too, in XL vs 3XL!! How much have you lost since then?
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Thanks, @erikNJ! I'll just leave it out there and let people mull it over for now. Not everyone would have had a chance to read it yet.
  • CCzMini
    CCzMini Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Previous weight 146.6

I have just joined this month & find your success extremely inspiring! I wish you good health & happiness. Thanks for sharing your story!
  • txmaryk99
    txmaryk99 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I am really enjoying reading all the successes this week.

@katevt78 I am ringing the bells and whistles for you. You are a true role model on how to just get it done. Even when you don't have great weeks you still did it. Please keep coming back and letting us know how your next adventure is going as I know we can all benefit from your insights.

@violasmith85 love love love fitting into those smaller sizes and the boost it gives. Great job.

@thedestar doing housework when you are under the weather is one of the hardest things to do.

@HASWLRS do you need someone to go with you to carry your luggage?
  • priiiiiska
    priiiiiska Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Mini challenge
    23/07
    Calories : tracked and under
    Exercices : 20 400 steps.
This discussion has been closed.