Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Week's weight: 267.7
    Todays Weight: 265.4

@momma3times Awesome loss!
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Happy Weigh In Day (Monday):
    @a_petersen09. @IanMoone30. @lhebert1969. @lorib642. @Paige41164.
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Lorib642
    August week 2
    Pw 169.2
    Cw 168.5

Really surprised. I was not tracking on vacation and thought i gained
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I chose Friday for my weigh in day because I gained 5lbs over the weekend! Eeek. I know it's highly unlikely that I gained 5lbs of fat, just water retention and food in my belly. No regrets though, I had an awesome weekend! Back to the grind today.
  • a_petersen09
    a_petersen09 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Username: a_petersen09
    Weigh in week: August week 2
    Weigh in day: Monday
    PW: 303.4
    CW: 299.4

I’m honestly so surprised!! I haven’t been able to workout because I sprained my ankle somehow but this is so exciting!
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,300 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    @AB0215 Think you missed my weigh in post. I lost 2.5% and wasn't listed in this week's results.
  • AB0215
    edited August 2018
    Options
    SLIMn2016 wrote: »
    @AB0215 Think you missed my weigh in post. I lost 2.5% and wasn't listed in this week's results.

@SLIMn2016 I think we may have been confused, when we were messaging you said your weight was from Sunday the 29th, which is the 1st weigh in day of Week 1 and ideally that starting weight would have come from Sunday the 23rd since Week 1 officially began on Sunday July 29th which is the date you gave me the weight for. So when you posted your weight on Saturday because you didn't think you would be able to post Sunday, which would have been Week 2 so I put it in for Sunday of Week 2 and it's showing the 2.5% on the loss for Week 2 since you didn't have a starting weight from the week prior to the 1st week of the challenge. And if this helps to make it make more sense, next Sunday when you weigh in again that will be for Week 3 of the challenge.
  • BEASTFIELD314
    BEASTFIELD314 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »

@SLIMn2016 I think we may have been confused, when we were messaging you said your weight was from Sunday the 29th, which is the 1st weigh in day of Week 1 and ideally that starting weight would have come from Sunday the 23rd since Week 1 officially began on Sunday July 29th which is the date you gave me the weight for. So when you posted your weight on Saturday because you didn't think you would be able to post Sunday, which would have been Week 2 so I put it in for Sunday of Week 2 and it's showing the 2.5% on the loss for Week 2 since you didn't have a starting weight from the week prior to the 1st week of the challenge. And if this helps to make it make more sense, next Sunday when you weigh in again that will be for Week 3 of the challenge.

I am confused as well. I looked at the spreadsheet and it shows my weight I posted as week 2. But I thought it was for week 1, as the starting weight I gave you was the week before. So what I posted yesterday was the weight I lost from July 29th-Aug 4th. Which to me would be week 1....
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday, 8/6)
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes, under
    Exercise: Yes, 50 minutes on the treadmill
    Day: Good day with exercise and eating. Except my Fitbit flaked out during my treadmill walk and didn't record a single step! So annoyed. I have Zip that is several years old and I plan to go hunt a new one down tomorrow. It's working tonight but I'm not going to take any chances. :#

• i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    Options
    Ummmm ok, I'm totally boggled now-- LOL but as long as I'm giving it my all, that's what counts. Thanks
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    edited August 2018
    Options

I didn't know there was a spreadsheet....

I am confused as well. I looked at the spreadsheet and it shows my weight I posted as week 2. But I thought it was for week 1, as the starting weight I gave you was the week before. So what I posted yesterday was the weight I lost from July 29th-Aug 4th. Which to me would be week 1....
  • BEASTFIELD314
    BEASTFIELD314 Posts: 660 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I didn't know there was a spreadsheet....

@SLIMn2016 - It's on the main August page. Here is the link. August
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    Options
  • AB0215
    edited August 2018
    Options
    @SLIMn2016 @BEASTFIELD314 I'm trying to find another way to explain this that might make something resembling sense.
    When it was created (way back before I was part of it), the idea was that each person would be allowed to weigh in on a day that was the most convenient for them and in doing so, there needs to be data to compare to and realistically, it's not going to be a perfect solution, but the idea is we're comparing our current week to the previous week, and for returning members that's the last week of the month before, so we ask for the starting weight from the week before the starting week for our new members so that we have something to compare it to. It would seem that inevitably, this manages to confuse new members and I'm not sure how we can better explain it, considering we do mention to start your weight loss plan as soon as you sign up because your week 1 weigh in will be whatever day you chose and will happen during that 1st week of the challenge.

So for me, my weigh in day is Saturday: so assuming that August would have been my first month, my starting weight would have been from Saturday July 28 so then when the Saturday from Week 1 came (August 4th), that would be my 1st recorded loss.

It would seem that the most confusing is probably those who weigh in on Sundays: Your August starting weight would be from July 23rd because your 1st weigh in would be July 29th. I think a lot of this is because for those whose weigh in day is Sunday, you're comparing that Sunday to what you feel like is most of the previous week, which is true in a sense, but we're really comparing ourselves to ourselves 1 week ago.

I think that some of the confusion is that while this is the August challenge, it doesn't start on Aug 1st and won't actually end on Aug 31st because in effort to give everyone the same chance week to week, the weeks all run Sunday to Saturday which in turn means that each month won't start and end on the 1st and last day of the month always.

We're really just comparing ourselves to ourselves the week before, long story short. Your Week 1 weight compares to your Week 4 or 5 weight (depending on how many weeks are in the month) and your Week 2 weight would compare to your Week 1 and the weigh in for those weeks is which ever day you picked and you will weigh in every week on that same day.

I am hoping that this helps clarify what is happening behind the scenes.

And on the main group page you can find a lot of useful things, like the spreadsheet which all members can view, but only captains can edit and add weights. You can also view the weekly results pages that I always link in here anyway. All of these things are open to every member.

Biggest Loser Main Group Page

August Spreadsheet

Please let me know if this helps to clarify things. I'm trying to make this as easy to understand as possible. I might have spent the better part of the last hour and a half trying to figure out how best to explain it and I think this might be it: We're just comparing ourselves to ourselves from 1 week ago.

@craigo3154 Feel free to chime in here if you have anything useful to add that might help explain what I'm trying to say a bit better.
  • mexiconona
    mexiconona Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Mexiconona August 6 th.
    Tracking yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise yes
    Carbs yes
    I asked nurse how come I am gaining weight and hardly eating anything. She said that it was water weight because of my knee surgery on the 1st. My knee is swollen and that would explain it. Today I was 163. I expect to have a rapid weight loss when I am normal again. We will see.
  • jcgator2016
    jcgator2016 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Daily Report Monday Aug 6

Tracking: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Stationary Bike Moderate Pace - 30 mins. Weight/Strength Work - 45 mins

• i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    Options
    Thank you @AB0215 I’m a newb!!! Appreciated much!
  • ekuassi
    ekuassi Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Daily tracking 08-06
    Track: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: boot camp at my local gym

Goal: my overall goal is to stay on track the whole week, especially on the weekend.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    @SLIMn2016 @BEASTFIELD314 I'm trying to find another way to explain this that might make something resembling sense.
    When it was created (way back before I was part of it), the idea was that each person would be allowed to weigh in on a day that was the most convenient for them and in doing so, there needs to be data to compare to and realistically, it's not going to be a perfect solution, but the idea is we're comparing our current week to the previous week, and for returning members that's the last week of the month before, so we ask for the starting weight from the week before the starting week for our new members so that we have something to compare it to. It would seem that inevitably, this manages to confuse new members and I'm not sure how we can better explain it, considering we do mention to start your weight loss plan as soon as you sign up because your week 1 weigh in will be whatever day you chose and will happen during that 1st week of the challenge.

So for me, my weigh in day is Saturday: so assuming that August would have been my first month, my starting weight would have been from Saturday July 28 so then when the Saturday from Week 1 came (August 4th), that would be my 1st recorded loss.

It would seem that the most confusing is probably those who weigh in on Sundays: Your August starting weight would be from July 23rd because your 1st weigh in would be July 29th. I think a lot of this is because for those whose weigh in day is Sunday, you're comparing that Sunday to what you feel like is most of the previous week, which is true in a sense, but we're really comparing ourselves to ourselves 1 week ago.

I think that some of the confusion is that while this is the August challenge, it doesn't start on Aug 1st and won't actually end on Aug 31st because in effort to give everyone the same chance week to week, the weeks all run Sunday to Saturday which in turn means that each month won't start and end on the 1st and last day of the month always.

We're really just comparing ourselves to ourselves the week before, long story short. Your Week 1 weight compares to your Week 4 or 5 weight (depending on how many weeks are in the month) and your Week 2 weight would compare to your Week 1 and the weigh in for those weeks is which ever day you picked and you will weigh in every week on that same day.

I am hoping that this helps clarify what is happening behind the scenes.

And on the main group page you can find a lot of useful things, like the spreadsheet which all members can view, but only captains can edit and add weights. You can also view the weekly results pages that I always link in here anyway. All of these things are open to every member.

Biggest Loser Main Group Page

August Spreadsheet

Please let me know if this helps to clarify things. I'm trying to make this as easy to understand as possible. I might have spent the better part of the last hour and a half trying to figure out how best to explain it and I think this might be it: We're just comparing ourselves to ourselves from 1 week ago.

@craigo3154 Feel free to chime in here if you have anything useful to add that might help explain what I'm trying to say a bit better.

It can be confusing since months don't start on Sundays and end on Saturdays.....
    Maybe this will help?

August Challenge
    Week 1 - July 29 - Aug 4
    Week 2 - Aug 5-11
    Week 3 - Aug 12-18
    Week 4 - Aug 26- Sep 1

For returning members, starting weight is the last weigh in number from the previous month.

For new members, you can give a starting weight BEFORE week 1 (the week before).

I have been in the challenge since December, and I still get confused sometimes...

Also, that spreadsheet is super helpful. :):)
  • AB0215
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise:Yes, 36 mins weight training, 10 mins treadmill

Comments: I've been eating the same thing for a couple weeks, really it's my strategy over the long term because I already know what I'm eating and don't have to think about it. I tend to try to treat food as fuel and less like a treat or emotional release, that way I'm not tempted to over-eat, having said that, every now and again I want to eat something different. I ran across a recipe that looked really good so I adapted it to be keto and I was not disappointed. Stuffed chicken with Broccoli, bacon and cheese! You can always make what you want fit your goals, just sometimes, you have to work for it.
    5imwnccwjesn.jpg
    Wish I had picked a different place, that stupid apple in the middle of the plate makes it harder to see the food, not that I thought of that last night when I was ready to eat it because believe me, then I did not care, I just wanted to enjoy my creation!
This discussion has been closed.