TEAM: The Slimsons (August)

Options

Replies

• AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    I think this is probably one of my favorite quotes of all time and you can apply it to literally everything--from eating fewer calories to pushing yourself to go an extra 5 minutes on the treadmill to even just learning a new skill...not even fitness related. And most of all, you'd be surprised of what you're really capable of. So get out of your comfort zone and try something a little more challenging, even if it's just another 5 mins on the treadmill! Surprise yourself and you'll feel better for it!

4g2cxyadax90.jpg
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Daily Post (Monday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise:Yes, 36 mins weight training, 10 mins treadmill

Comments: I've been eating the same thing for a couple weeks, really it's my strategy over the long term because I already know what I'm eating and don't have to think about it. I tend to try to treat food as fuel and less like a treat or emotional release, that way I'm not tempted to over-eat, having said that, every now and again I want to eat something different. I ran across a recipe that looked really good so I adapted it to be keto and I was not disappointed. Stuffed chicken with Broccoli, bacon and cheese! You can always make what you want fit your goals, just sometimes, you have to work for it.
    5imwnccwjesn.jpg
    Wish I had picked a different place, that stupid apple in the middle of the plate makes it harder to see the food, not that I thought of that last night when I was ready to eat it because believe me, then I did not care, I just wanted to enjoy my creation!

THAT LOOKS DELICIOUS!!!!
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,300 Member
    Options
    tinak33 wrote: »

It can be confusing since months don't start on Sundays and end on Saturdays.....
    Maybe this will help?

August Challenge
    Week 1 - July 29 - Aug 4
    Week 2 - Aug 5-11
    Week 3 - Aug 12-18
    Week 4 - Aug 26- Sep 1

For returning members, starting weight is the last weigh in number from the previous month.

For new members, you can give a starting weight BEFORE week 1 (the week before).

I have been in the challenge since December, and I still get confused sometimes...

Also, that spreadsheet is super helpful. :):)

Thanks @tinak33 o:) that is so helpful! :)

• lesleyrae2018
    lesleyrae2018 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Username: lesleyrae2018
    Weigh in day: Tuesday
    Previous Week's Weight: 197
    Current Weight: 196
  • AB0215
    Options
    Happy Weigh In Day (Tuesday):
    @sweet_misery_. @TeresaW1020.
  • cmm5904
    cmm5904 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Daily 8/6
    Track: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: not officially, ok no :neutral:
  • jcgator2016
    jcgator2016 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    gemwolf110 wrote: »
    I'm a little upset my FitBit Alta HR stopped tracking my heart rate about a week and a half ago (last Sunday). I was looking at my sleep logs for the week noticing that I had been sleeping in REM a lot (thought I was sleeping good for once) and then realized the tracker hadn't tracked my heart rate the entire time. I contacted support but they can't figure it out so they are looking into it further. I think I'm going to switch to Garmin. Any suggestions for a Garmin? Has to be waterproof, track heart rate, GPS, etc...

The two Garmin watches that fit my criteria are the Vivoactive HR and Vivoactive3. I need one that I can use in my pool. The V HR has been out a couple of years and just had a price drop, should be able to pick up a new one close to 159.00. The V-3 is fairly new, will run around 269.00.

I went ahead and ordered the Vivoactive HR XL for 169.00 and 11 bucks for a three year warranty from Amazon. Also purchased the bike mount for the Stationary Bike. Should be here tomorrow.

Might want to check those out.
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    lorib642 wrote: »
    Lorib642
    August week 2
    Pw 169.2
    Cw 168.5

Really surprised. I was not tracking on vacation and thought i gained

I looked at the spreadsheet and i think it says i lost 10 lbs! Typo or i am reading it wrong. @AB0215

• lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Daily post for Mon
    Track yes
    Calories under
    Exercise yes

Good to get back to logging. My weight loss slowed down when i started slacking
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Username: TeresaW1020
    Week: August Week 2
    PW = 224.8
    CW= 223.6
  • AB0215
    Options
    Lorib642
    August week 2
    Pw 169.2
    Cw 168.5

Really surprised. I was not tracking on vacation and thought i gained

I looked at the spreadsheet and i think it says i lost 10 lbs! Typo or i am reading it wrong. @AB0215

@lorib642 Definitely a typo, I put 158.5 when it should have been 168.5, sorry!
  • IanMoone30
    IanMoone30 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I missed my weigh in yesterday so here it is
    Pw 192.6
    Cw 196

I fell off the wagon. Down the hill and into a river of gators. Had to sucker punch one of the b**ches to let go. Now I’m trying to climb back up the mountain. I will reach the top( my end goal) eventually. Just have to watch them slippery cliffs.
    It’s funny when falling down the hill I had such a craving for what I didn’t know. So I tryed all my old favorites but realized they no longer taste the same. I don’t really crave the things I once did. And that’s something I never thought would happen.
  • AB0215
    Options
    IanMoone30 wrote: »
    I missed my weigh in yesterday so here it is
    Pw 192.6
    Cw 196

I fell off the wagon. Down the hill and into a river of gators. Had to sucker punch one of the b**ches to let go. Now I’m trying to climb back up the mountain. I will reach the top( my end goal) eventually. Just have to watch them slippery cliffs.
    It’s funny when falling down the hill I had such a craving for what I didn’t know. So I tryed all my old favorites but realized they no longer taste the same. I don’t really crave the things I once did. And that’s something I never thought would happen.

@IanMoone30 This is a marathon and not a sprint. You will have good days, bad days, but the important thing is to pick yourself up and carry on and you're headed in the right direction!! You got this!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday, 8/7)
    Calories: Yes, under
    Exercise: Yes, 20-minute ride on my stationary bike
    Day: My day was super busy with errands and getting my hair done. Went to Chic-Fil-A for lunch and ordered the grilled nuggets and they gave me the fried. That was an 8 point difference! :# But my calories and points are where they should be and I even managed a tiny bit of exercise on my stationary bike. I also ordered a new Fitbit since mine has been acting squirrely.

• AB0215
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday, 8/7)
    Calories: Yes, under
    Exercise: Yes, 20-minute ride on my stationary bike
    Day: My day was super busy with errands and getting my hair done. Went to Chic-Fil-A for lunch and ordered the grilled nuggets and they gave me the fried. That was an 8 point difference! :# But my calories and points are where they should be and I even managed a tiny bit of exercise on my stationary bike. I also ordered a new Fitbit since mine has been acting squirrely.

@TeresaW1020 That's frustrating that they gave you the wrong order! Great job squeezing in the exercise!!

• i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,300 Member
    Options
    Daily Report Tuesday, Aug 7

Tracking: Yes
    Calories: Under/IF
    Exercise: 90 minutes elliptical at the gym

Water, food & exercise was on track today, but was super tired today--- and felt a bit sick this afternoon, like I caught a bug.
  • jcgator2016
    jcgator2016 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Daily Report Tuesday Aug 7

Tracking: Yes

Calories: Way Over

Exercise: 30 mins Stationary Bike

Not a good day.
  • mexiconona
    mexiconona Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Mexiconona
    Tracking yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise yes walking with walker and stretching.
    Carbs yes
  • AB0215
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday)

Calories: Yes
    Exercise:Yes, 35 mins weight training, 15 mins cardio/circuit

• AB0215
    Options