TEAM: The Slimsons (August)

Options

Replies

• AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Question of the Week:

What is one unhealthy habit you'd like to break?
  • AB0215
    Options
    Happy Weigh In Day (Wednesday):
    @savannahs2016.
  • BEASTFIELD314
    BEASTFIELD314 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Question of the Week:

Self doubt and getting too down on myself. Definitely.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Question of the Week:

I would like to break the mindless eating habit. I am getting better at this because I've become more focused on tracking my entire day first thing in the morning, but I still do it more often than I like. :/

• Sandie020
    Sandie020 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Daily post Thursday
    Tracked yes
    Calories under
    Exercise lots of walking
  • jcgator2016
    jcgator2016 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Question of the Week:

Diet Cokes. Hands down.

I quit smoking 18 years ago. Whenever I craved a cigarette, I would drink a Diet Coke. It was the only thing that got me past the urge to smoke. I would drink 8-10 bottles a day. My office fridge, small cooler in the car and the fridge in the garage stayed fully stocked at all times with Diet Cokes. Never drank water. If I went to the gym, I tossed a couple DCs in my bag. Never drank wine or alcohol, only went to restaurants that served Diet Cokes, not Diet Pepsi.

Thru the years, I managed to cut it down to 4 a day. When I retired a couple years ago, I got it down to 2 and that's about where I am now. I drink at least a gallon of water a day, and a couple of coffees. Hopefully, soon, I get it down to one a day, then none.
  • AB0215
    Options
    Question of the Week:

Diet Cokes. Hands down.

I quit smoking 18 years ago. Whenever I craved a cigarette, I would drink a Diet Coke. It was the only thing that got me past the urge to smoke. I would drink 8-10 bottles a day. My office fridge, small cooler in the car and the fridge in the garage stayed fully stocked at all times with Diet Cokes. Never drank water. If I went to the gym, I tossed a couple DCs in my bag. Never drank wine or alcohol, only went to restaurants that served Diet Cokes, not Diet Pepsi.

Thru the years, I managed to cut it down to 4 a day. When I retired a couple years ago, I got it down to 2 and that's about where I am now. I drink at least a gallon of water a day, and a couple of coffees. Hopefully, soon, I get it down to one a day, then none.

@jcgator2016 I would still think that's a hell of a lot better than the cigarettes..so congrats on giving that up!!
    I suppose I won't tell you how many Diet Dr Peppers I drink in a day...lets just say somewhere between 1 and 5 or 6...depending on the day, usually 1, but on days where I fast all day...it's probably more than 6...I look at it like there are far worse things I could be eating or drinking which I realize is a crutch but I will be shifting that towards coffee for the next 3 months so might be able to cut it way back in the near future.
  • AB0215
    Options
    Question of the Week:

Self doubt and getting too down on myself. Definitely.

@BEASTFIELD314 Yes, that is an important habit to break. You would be surprised at how much that has an effect on your goals and even just your everyday life. I still struggle with it but in the last year I have been slowly kicking that habit to the curb and I know you can too!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Question of the Week:

I would like to break the mindless eating habit. I am getting better at this because I've become more focused on tracking my entire day first thing in the morning, but I still do it more often than I like. :/

@TeresaW1020 I used to do that so much more than I do now and when I was trying to get better with it, I switched my snacks for something much healthier like raw broccoli or carrot sticks dipped in a bit of ranch or veggie dip...and after a while I realized that I didn't need that anymore and now if I snack at all, which is rare, it's like 4 pickle spears eaten super slow...gives my brain the illusion that I'm feeding it but it's 20 calories and 4 net carbs so it's pretty good for the food budget and another thing I do when I can't get past the idea of snacking is I make a snow cone, blend some ice and then top it with calorie free mio...another brain trick...
  • AB0215
    Options
    gemwolf110 wrote: »
    Question of the Week:

Stop eating ice cream lol

@gemwolf110 You can do it!!
  • Jkyzab
    Jkyzab Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    @AB0215
    It got to be my craving for salty chips and bread. Being on the Keto diet is a real freaking struggle. Beer, bread, pasta, sweets, it just so tempting but I know that by looking down at the scale, I am losing weight in a healthy way.

And by the way, just weigh myself today, and I am weighing at 272.5. If I can hit the target weight of 268 at the end of the month, I will be good.
  • BEASTFIELD314
    Options
    I think the most important thing though, regarding not eating certain foods is that we need to learn to not eat as MUCH. Personally, if I want some ice cream or some salty chips, a soda/beer, or cookie cake, etc., I need to find a way to make it fit into my daily calorie goal. I think it makes it 10x harder to completely cut it out vs. allowing myself a treat. That's just me, though.
  • ssssanaaaa
    ssssanaaaa Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    ssssanaaaa wrote: »
    I also spilled like 75% of my coffee today so that's one way to cut calories LOL

@ssssanaaaa I forgot to drink half of mine so there's that lol. Although I'd much rather forget it than spill it...yuck.

I wish I did that instead of make a mess on the table lol
    Question of the Week:

Even though I hadn't been active on here the past few weeks, I've been doing really well lately in terms of being healthier and taking the healthier option. Pretty proud of myself. One unhealthy habit I'd like to break is not having a plan for what I'm going to eat. This isn't necessarily unhealthy at all. But for me I know that I do better if I have everything planned out. But actually doing this is so hard if your family isn't on board. I'm going overseas until mid-september so when I come back I really want to work on this actively. Another habit I want to create is just caring about my future self. Because, yes, in the moment it's going to be yummy to eat that cookie or to eat whatever you want but that feeling that comes afterwards that we make ourselves deal with by making that momentary decision is not fun and very unkind to ourselves so I'd like to work on that some more. This includes when I procrastinate or any self-sabotaging behavior.
  • ssssanaaaa
    ssssanaaaa Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Tuesday
    Track: Yes.
    Calories: Under! Did really well yesterday which I'm proud of.
    Exercise: Nope another final tomorrow. Brain exercise.
    Water: Maybe like 1 liter. Not much :/

Comments: took the first physics final today. will take the second half tomorrow as well as my sociology final. AND have an essay due today and Friday. Ew.
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,308 Member
    Options
    Question of the Week:

Picking at my sons' foods! Since I started this challenge I've been pretty good about it--- but I think before that I could literally eat a meals worth of calories just in picking here and there at --a bite of this--a bite of that-- throughout the day. Summer with teen boys is rough--- they can eat their weight in just about anything!! :o:# MY GAAAHD! LOL :D
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,308 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Wednesday, Aug. 15

Track: Yes
    Calories: under/deficit/IF
    Exercise: Yes, 90 min. HIIT, elliptical climber & will try to get in a 2 mile walk with my dog Goldie-- and the hubs---maybe even a kiddo if I can talk them into a "boring" walk with their mothaah---LOL
    Water: Yes

Comments: Had a super bad headache today and was NOT feeling it, but did my cardio this morning --the first 15 min were grueling--then I felt better and was glad I got it in. Tomorrow will be a rest day though. I may go back to two days on and one day off, so I don't exhaust myself and 'fall off the wagon'.

Hope you're having a great Wednesday! :)
  • jcgator2016
    jcgator2016 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Wednesday Aug 15

Calories: Under
    Exercise: Circuit Training with dumbbells, 30 mins. Nice workout, modified, replaced lunges and step up raises with sets that wouldn't hurt my knee. Pool workout 30 mins.

• BEASTFIELD314
    Options
    Daily Post (Wednesday, 8/15)
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Had my second job again. But, I also figured out how to get some exercise in during the day at my warehouse job.

Feeling pretty good today. Loving my new car. Been getting up around 5am everyday for about a month now. I enjoy my coffee, MFP, and spend a little time in prayer. Overall I am feeling pretty well about myself this week! Hope you all are enjoying the week!!
  • CourtneyLomonaco
    CourtneyLomonaco Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Wednesday
    Track: no
    Calories: over
    Exercise: jogging with 2 kiddos in stroller
    Water: 64 oz
This discussion has been closed.