TEAM: Gutbusters (January)

Options

Replies

• zimborunner
    zimborunner Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    @craigo3154
    Sorry, I should have been more specific, I was replying to someone who asked if IF worked for any of us. Yes, I agree, everyone is different and our bodies certainly respond to some eating habits and not to others. I have a friend at work who is diligently following Keto but only 1 pound in a year but she's sticking with it. In my world, calorie counting is how I work best, I want to be able to eat what I want within reason and obviously in moderation but stay within my allocated calories. It's the moderation part that's the problem!!
    I also agree to the 'no snacking'. That's a killer for me. Being only 5'2", 51 years old and a woman, it's stacked against me!
    @dommylifts hang in there! Try a little more protein, keeps you feeling fuller for longer. And also check your sodium intake, I'm really trying hard not to salt my food, it takes a while to change your taste buds.
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    @LesIckaBod, yes and I'm messaged Ashley w/my email. Thanks!!
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 25 minutes on recumbent bike; 6.97 miles
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes.
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes.
  • Stimpy56
    Stimpy56 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    January 7
    Exercise - yes (35 Elliptical and 25 Treadmill)
    Tracked - yes
    Within calories - yes
  • AnnaZimm70
    AnnaZimm70 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    January 7th
    Exercise-Yes—treadmill 30 min./2.5 miles
    Track food-Yes
    Stay in calorie limit- Yes
  • michellelagle
    michellelagle Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    LesIckaBod wrote: »
    I posted my weigh in last week. But I gues somehow it didn't get posted. Sorry. I will post for both weeks. Last week I lost 3.5 pounds and weighed in as 153 pounds.
    michellelagle
    Week: 1 (not sure if this is week 1 or 2)
    PW: 153
    CW: 154
    I am having a certain problem this week that I don't want to talk about because there are men on here. I know it's why the scale says I gained 1 pound. Definitely expecting to lose 3 pounds next week.

@michellelagle Apologies for missing your weight last week! (We can all begin to see why a co-captain is so desperately needed! )
    I posted my weigh in last week. But I gues somehow it didn't get posted. Sorry. I will post for both weeks. Last week I lost 3.5 pounds and weighed in as 153 pounds.
    michellelagle
    I am having a certain problem this week that I don't want to talk about because there are men on here. I know it's why the scale says I gained 1 pound. Definitely expecting to lose 3 pounds next week.

@michellelagle Apologies for missing your weight last week! (We can all begin to see why a co-captain is so desperately needed! )
    michellelagle

That is okay. I understand. If I could reach 140's I would be so happy!!!
  • jaweeston
    jaweeston Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    January 7
    Track- yes
    Stay in calories- yes
    Exercise- yes ( treadmill, weights, floor work... baseball with granddaughter too)
  • zimborunner
    zimborunner Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    January 7
    Exercised:- Yes, 95 mins walk on the trails and cleaned the house.
    Calories:- Just a little over
    Track:- Yes
  • bechoe
    bechoe Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Bechoe
    Weigh in Monday
    Last week 224
    Thus week 225

Think last week may have been a flukey weigh in:-(
  • dommylifts
    dommylifts Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    This morning I decided it change my calorie goal. It was set at 1150. I noticed I’m constantly hungry and I’m not making much for muscle gains in the gym. I have a very active and I have a relatively active job. My weight loss has been nothing as I’m finding myself binge eating due to hunger. I’ve upped my calories to 1250. Im going to try this for a week. If I still notice hunger and fatigue I’m going to up it another 100 to see what works.

What are everyone else’s daily calorie count goals?

My overall goal is still 140 pounds but without sacrificing muscle and without feeling hungry and fatigued.
  • LesIckaBod
    LesIckaBod Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    @LesIckaBod, yes and I'm messaged Ashley w/my email. Thanks!!

@bonniehosk85 Great - thank you! :)
  • dommylifts
    Options
    January 6
    Exercised:- No - rainy and very wet so took a rest day
    Calories:- Yes
    Track:- Yes

Intermittent fasting isn't for me. I'm at work at 7:15am, I just need something before I start a stressful day.
    I've removed my automatic Fitbit exercise calories from my MFP page. I'm often eating all of my calories (+exercise cals) when I should be cutting out more of those earned calories from my Fitbit. Going to be very diligent this week and see what happens on the scale.
    Great losses!

Agreed. I keep trying intermittent fasting and when I get to work and the stress hits my hungry (and fatigued body as I workout at 6am) I find myself not only eating but overeating everythingnin site. Ugh.

• LesIckaBod
    Options
    dommylifts wrote: »
    This morning I decided it change my calorie goal. It was set at 1150. I noticed I’m constantly hungry and I’m not making much for muscle gains in the gym. I have a very active and I have a relatively active job. My weight loss has been nothing as I’m finding myself binge eating due to hunger. I’ve upped my calories to 1250. Im going to try this for a week. If I still notice hunger and fatigue I’m going to up it another 100 to see what works.

What are everyone else’s daily calorie count goals?

My overall goal is still 140 pounds but without sacrificing muscle and without feeling hungry and fatigued.

@Dommylifts I think boosting your calories is going to be a good thing, especially given your height and activity. I get ravenous at 1350 calories, so I try aim for 1400-1450. That said, I have not been tracking reliably in months ( :* ), so please don't take the fact of my lack of weight loss as a sign that this calorie goal is too high for weight loss.

Speaking of tracking, I just recorded my breakfast and pre-tracked some food for later today. I was able to eat my hard boiled eggs for breakfast again, and I know I'll be able to drink a smoothie, so we'll see what other food I'm able to eat today.
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    Happy Tuesday, Gutbusters! Today our weighers are:

@Ajsheppard82
    @beachb2027

Please post your weights in this format:
    Username
    January Week 2
    Previous Weight:
    Current Weight:
  • LesIckaBod
    edited January 2019
    Options
    0esl3scr48jz.png

Are you responsible for preparing food for other people in your home? Do you hold the line that whatever the cook makes, the rest of the family eats, or do you find yourself making different meals for different people?

What tips or strategies do you have for dealing with different food wants and needs in the household?
  • dommylifts
    Options
    0esl3scr48jz.png

Are you responsible for preparing food for other people in your home? Do you hold the line that whatever the cook makes, the rest of the family eats, or do you find yourself making different meals for different people?

What tips or strategies do you have for dealing with different food wants and needs in the household?

I am lucky in that I live alone and have no one who relies on me for anything. I cook for myself only and my two dogs eat kibble 😂
    Growing up I was in an “eat it or starve” home. You ate what was cooked and there was no option of even making something as simple as a PBJ. If you didn’t like it you got nothing, no snack, no dessert, no leftovers from yesterday, nothing. The joys of a strict military upbringing!

• jaweeston
    jaweeston Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I cook EVERYDAY, THREE MEALS A DAY. Yikes. We have just always eaten at home, very little eating out. My husband retired October 2017 after 42 years in medicine. Working 80 plus hours a week all but 2 years of that time.....the last thing he wanted to do after work was “go back out” to eat. We are empty nesters now. I cook lean and healthy but my husband wants a dessert and larger portions so I accommodate both for him. I tried to be his food police years ago.... not a pretty sight. We all have to walk this food and weight loss journey on our own will. I had to want weight loss for myself and I had to see that it is not my responsibility how others eat. I have had to struggle with my own desires to “want more”; when I must limit my food intake. Lifelong process for me.
  • Stimpy56
    Options
    0esl3scr48jz.png

My wife cooks mostly and we are both watching what we eat. I just make sure I portion out my meal, as portion control has always been my downfall. We make enough for dinner, so we can have some to take for lunch the next day. This helps us not to eat out as much. Sometimes we don't have enough left overs to take for lunch, so we try to keep a couple cans of soup to take for lunch.
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    Stimpy56 wrote: »
    0esl3scr48jz.png

My wife cooks mostly and we are both watching what we eat. I just make sure I portion out my meal, as portion control has always been my downfall. We make enough for dinner, so we can have some to take for lunch the next day. This helps us not to eat out as much. Sometimes we don't have enough left overs to take for lunch, so we try to keep a couple cans of soup to take for lunch.

@stimpy56 When you track your food, how specific are you able to get? Do you know all the ingredients and proportions when you're not the cook, or do you just approximate?
  • Stimpy56
    Options
    Stimpy56 wrote: »
    0esl3scr48jz.png

@stimpy56 When you track your food, how specific are you able to get? Do you know all the ingredients and proportions when you're not the cook, or do you just approximate?

@LesIckaBod - It all depends on the meal my wife cooks. MFP has a great for database for general meals (ie Meatloaf, Spaghetti with meat Sauce, etc.) I just use a MFP database entry and adjust for the quantity (4oz, or 1 cup) that I consume. Sometime she follows a recipe that has the serving size and calories listed. Other time she tells me the main ingredients that she used and how mush she used.

In general, I try to get as close as possible with the MFP food database food items as I can and how much I consume. I do not have a scale and do not weight my food, as I feel it is too time consuming, But tha's me and what I do. I hope that answers your question.
This discussion has been closed.