TEAM WEIGHT NO MORE JANUARY 2019 TEAM CHAT

Options

Replies

• Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    @Shirin_K I didn’t realize that we were so similar. We both started F2F in August I think...and our heights and weights r very close. It will be fun to get to our healthy weights together. Glad your doing yoga.
    @nstephen01 glad your hanging in there with us Nancy. I’m loving watching your progress.
    @amsandos great job getting back on track!
    @czvanut glad ur in on yoga challenge!
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    @twyla77 considering how much weight most peeps gain over the holidays...in comparison your a huge success. Just a little bump. Regroup, commit and get to your goal! You can do this. Great holiday maintain!
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    czvanut wrote: »
    pacsnc6 wrote: »
    Hi my name is Patsy and this is my second month in this group. I was up and down about two pounds in December and ended pretty much where I started.
    I plan to drink more water - again I start working on this and then slack off as I don't even like water - and to walk more each week. We have had LOTS of rain in NC this year with two hurricanes and just rainy weather for days at a time that keep me indoors. I know I should go for a walk anyway - water is good for us.

Where in NC are you Patsy? I'm near Charlotte.

I am in Durham not far from r D U airport
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    @cyndiesstuff 2019 will be your year! I'm very excited to follow your journey of a new way of eating. Thank you for all you do to make this a great, successful team!

Welcome @czvanut! We live 4 hours from Glacier... I think you will really enjoy your visit. Its a beautiful park.

WTG @Mrsbell8well on the crow pose. Wow... that's a tough one. I have nowhere near the upper body strength to pull that off. You're an inspiration. I have enjoyed following your journey... thank you for being so open with us.

Great week 1 @CassieGetsFit2013 I think 2019 is going to be a great year for you girl!!

@sleepymom5 I am super cranky when I'm sick. Get well soon... no fun to be sick over New Year's. Thank you also for your efforts to make this a great, successful team!

@cafelelia Welcome!!

@Shirin_K Big Congratulations on reaching your end-of-year weight goal!! I love your goals for 2019!!

Still catching up on posts... love how we're starting off strong. Make 2019 your best year yet!!
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Tracy I'm so sorry about your son. I hope his next surgery goes well. Also hope your husband finds a new job soon!

I have a question: our calorie goal is based on a deficit - so when you get to the end of the day and you're still under that goal, should you be worried? Should you eat more? I felt like I ate a lot today, but I'm still under 1,000 calories.

Breakfast was fruit, 5 oz Greek yogurt, bacon, and black coffee
    Lunch was leftover homemade spaghetti and meat sauce 6 oz (measured it)
    Supper was broiled fish, broccoli, carrots, a piece of garlic bread, and a martini

also snuck a cookie for dessert

today's check-in:

Logged all food & under goal
    Water: 48 oz so far
    Exercise: nope - but running around with a toddler tomorrow :wink:
  • ihp2015
    ihp2015 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    We've reached the last day of 2018, and I can't wait to start the new year!

@twyla77: it's just small gain! Get back on track again today, and that gain will disappear again before you know it.

@Mrsbell8well: great job on 57 consecutive days of yoga! That's an awesome accomplishment! I love your goals for 2019. Have you ever run a 5k before, or is this the first time that you're going to do it?

@shirin_k: I think those are some very good goals for 2019. I, too, have to make sure I get to bed earlier. I'm not a morning person, so normally it's not easy for me to fall asleep before at least 11 pm, but I'm hoping that if I make it more of a regular thing by going to bed 10 pm every night, it will become easier. Also, I look forward to seeing you on the stepping challenge. What's your username for Fitbit? We do regular Fitbit challenges on this team, so if you want to join us, I can invite you!

@sleepymom5: I hope you're feeling better today!

@ljdanny: I hope your son is doing better. My stepdaughter had a work related accident earlier this month, and she got out of the hospital on Christmas Day, so I know how you feel. Hopefully your son's last surgery goes well!

@amsandos: great job on your maintain!

• ihp2015
    ihp2015 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    So, it looks like we already have 3 challengers ready for the step challenge this month:

@ihp2015
    @ljdanny
    @Shirin_K

I'm sure we can also count on

@cyndiesstuff
    @eyesopennow
    @nstephenson01
    @sleepymom5

Who else will join us? We need 10 in total.
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    @pacsnc6 to help with water, have you tried getting an infuser? I have one, it holds about 60 oz. you can put different fruit in it or veggies if you like. and it gives the water a hint of flavor. I like it a lot better than just plain water. but when I do have plain water, I like my over ice.

@twyla77 2019 is going to be our year. that's just a small gain. time to refocus on the advantages of losing weight. write them down and read them often.

@Mrsbell8well I loved your idea of reflection. it is so important to learn from our previous experiences whether good or bad so that we may learn from them. yes! good job on that 30 yoga challenge. I am going to try it with you again. pain flair stopped me last time. we starting tomorrow? and in 2019 we are going to meet our goals. you are truly an inspiration.

@CassieGetsFit2013 we love you too girl!!

@ihp2015 please don't look down on 34 pounds. that is a great achievement. you had so many obstacles this past year. and still lost weight. you never gave up. you may have gotten side tracked but you got right back on the path and continued on. you are a strong vibrant woman and you will be a success in 2019.

@Shirin_K you are doing so well. that is 23 pounds gone forever!! ahhh... stress eating is a big down fall that I think many of us struggle with. we need to try and find replacements to stress eating. what will we do instead? you will be at goal weight in 2019. I have faith in your strength!

@amsandos great job on your daily check in. and you are right. every change adds up no matter how small. maintains are good this time of year. it is so funny you say that because I started my resolution early too. lol.

@nstephenson01 slow and steady wins the race. you are doing awesome. I appreciate your check ins. and I love your attitude. you have some really great goals for 2019. you will be successful. my fiancé has already said there is no way I am going to eat all those veggies. for breakfast I had a smoothie. spinach, kale stems, raspberries, strawberries, and cashew milk. it was filling and tasted pretty good. I had coconut milk in my coffee this morning. glueten free, sugar free, and dairy free. that's the plan.

@ljdanny 2019 is our year. you keep that positive attitude and we are going to meet our goals.

@czvanut they say that healthy diet for a woman has to be at least 1200 calories. try adding a few nutritionally dense snacks and it really helps to plan your food in advance. I plan my main meals on sunday and then everyday, in the morning I do my food plan for the day. then record it in mfp. this way it is a commitment and you know exactly what you have to eat. planning will end up being your best tool for a successful weight loss journey.

@phoebe112476 that soup looks amazing, YUMMMMM. i am going to have to look that site up. i am always on board for new recipes that fit my eating plan. I love bolt house too. also have you tried hidden valley greek yogurt dressing? also very good.

@lenka1 we enjoy your input too. I am glad you are finding out team helpful. it feels so good to know that you are not in this alone. you have a great plan for 2019. what kind of foods are you going to include in your plan?

• cyndiesstuff
    edited December 2018
    Options
    The Goal: to get the most steps possible. We need each teams steppers to check in daily with your steps and your numbers will go toward helping your team. Team with the most steps wins!

4 people have STEPPED up for the January step challenge. The challenge start January 6th and you will got to this thread: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10714714/january-2019-step-challenge#latest and check in with you team name date of steps and steps taken

@ihp2015
    @ljdanny
    @Shirin_K
    @cyndiesstuff

Who else will join us? We need 10 in total by the 5th. Let us know and we will add you to the spreadsheet!
  • cyndiesstuff
    Options
    @carlsoda omgoosshh I know it aint pretty but I am doing the happy dance. what a success! nice losss. good job.

@bmaison2014 another great loss. you are doing fantastic. holidays.... got nothing on you! woooo whoo
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,421 Member
    Options
    ihp2015 wrote: »
    So I just had a look at the spreadsheet from last year January, and I apparently lost 34 lbs in 2018. That's less than 1 lbs per week!!

Not too great, and I know I shouldn't complain, but I hope 2019 goes better than 2018!
    Oh my goodness, I think this is great! Imagine if you didn’t lose any weight in 2018! 34 lbs is amazing!!
  • cyndiesstuff
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Please welcome @coolchick207 , @lovemickeymouse , and @NuggetBrain to the team. I am cyndie one of the team captains and we are so happy you are here with us. we weigh in weekly, please come in and introduce yourself. if you have any questions please ask. read thru the posts. there is some really good stuff in here and do your first challenge with your reflection.

@NuggetBrain what day will you use as your weigh in day?
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,421 Member
    Options
    czvanut wrote: »
    Shirin_K wrote: »
    Today successfully completes day 30 December yoga challenge. For me that is 60 days in a row! I am planning to do the same Adrienne you tube yoga challenge for January. Any other yoga fans want to join me? It’s amazing the results. Carpal tunnel gone. Strong muscles-yes. Flexibility and balance...yes yes! This month my goal was the crow pose and I did it! Also did great at side planks and first time in my life I’ve ever done “real” pushups.

@Mrsbell8well Way to go! And that's awesome you did the crow pose! I’m also going to do the Andriene yoga in January. I fell behind in December as the holidays got closer, so am going to continue where I left off.

I'm on board with Adrienne yoga!!! I didn't finish her original 30 day challenge because I got sick around day 12, but I'm signing in for the new January Dedicate challenge.

I am signed up too 😁
This discussion has been closed.