Replies

• Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Daily Check in for Saturday
    Food - Logged and under
    Water - 700 ml
    Exercise - Physio & 4918 steps

We were snowed in as well here in Toronto. My husband and I had a date night at home last night because of the snow. He and the kids cooked a healthy meal, and then the kids watched a movie while we sat by the fire and had a glass of wine. I had 3 oz & sipped, so that kept me on track. It was a nice way of dealing with the snowstorm. No hockey arenas today, so I will be doing some cooking and my tidying project (main floor storage closets & laundry room).

@cyndiesstuff - I hope that you feel better soon and try to rest today. It is no fun being sick. As for the approach to food and meal planning, just do what feels right for you. There is no one right way to be on this journey, and you are doing great!

@sleepymom5 - I hope that everything goes well in Florida. Good for you getting a condo on the beach and that will help with stressful days. If you have time and feel up to it, post a photo!
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Daily check in for: Saturday
    Logged: I tried but the evening didn't go as planned; went way over
    Water: 72 oz
    Exercise & Steps: 4 mile walk; 12,428 steps

So the plan was to go out for sushi for dinner so I pre-logged, exercised, & drank my water. We arrived at the restaurant and it was closed for their company party. WTH? Choices in our small town are a bit limited so we ended up at a sport's bar. Dinner was tasty but I plowed through appetizers, salad and my entree like I hadn't eaten in a week. Big fail!! Time to get back on track. Today is about hydration and limiting sodium. Going to make shrimp salad for dinner tonight and have the next few nights planned. Hopefully my body will snap back quickly.

@Mrsbell8well I mix about a tablespoon of epsom salts in a coffee mug with warm water. It works best if I can get Willow to lay down. She'll usually allow me to soak her paw for a couple minutes then she's had enough. I've also been know to distract her with treats if she's particularly fussy. If her paw is really bad I have to do it a couple times a day. Her vet mentioned also using a bathtub but that seems like a waste and we don't have a tub. The strength training site I use is JessicaSmithTV on youtube.

Sounds like a great day @twyla77! Nice loss!!

Yes, you're right @sleepymom5 that picture was from our "neighborhood". Its more like dirt roads, pastures & mountain scenery. I think you're doing great balancing everything. Good luck with moving your mom.

@cyndiesstuff Hope you feel better today. I'm sorry the new plan didn't work out. With everything you have going on I can see where it might not be sustainable. What I have found to be successful is it needs to fit into your life for it to last.

@Zumba_Luvah Mini-goals are a great tool!

Gotta run... today is cardio then watching football. Go Chiefs and Saints!! Have a great day everyone!!

• amsandos
    amsandos Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    doh! I accidentally posted this in the week 4 challenge If the group captains want to delte it from the other thread I won't mind.

daily check in saturday
    food on target (although I did go over. I did my big cook up and had to taste, plus my husband left a chinese take away on the side and I accidently had a nibble.
    water under (need some strategies to sort this out, something that won't result in my buying something or having more to do)
    exercise run 25mins gym

I felt really peculiar at the gym and had to get my husband to come and collect me. I slept really badly and was up at 3am and had my breakfast at 5am. I went and stood in the cold for about an hour and half then I went to the gym. It probably got a bit much. I feel fine today. weigh in tomorrow feeling a bit nervous abut this one. It is weird.
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    @cyndiess I’m ok. Thanks for your concern! I’m feeling better about this journey. I got back on track yesterday and plan on continuing. I was just about 15 pounds less a month ago and I felt great! That is what I keep thinking about, which is my motivation. Hopefully I’ll see a nice loss on Saturday!!
  • kirsten11872
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Hello and happy Sunday! I’m so happy it is a long weekend! So nice to have the extra day to get things done.

I’ve been MIA on here, just been feeling out of it on this journey. I’ve have good days and bad days, not getting my normal workouts done. The scale has been going up every week. I’ve missed my last 3 WW meetings.

I had to give myself a pep talk. Remind myself how much better I feel when I’m at a lower weight and getting my workouts done. No one can do this for me, but me! Yesterday was my turning point! My food and exercise was in point! One day down, just going to keep going! Feeling excited again!!

Have a great day!😀
  • kirsten11872
    Options
    @sleepymom5 I’ve missed a lot of posts, just read the one from this morning. Are you moving to Fl permanently or is it until you get your mom settled? Sorry, I’ve been out of it!
    Sounds like you had a nice day with your family! You enjoyed yourself. Sounds like you’ve got a good plan to get back on track!😊👍🏻
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    @mrsbell8well Thanks for always being so supportive!
    @twyla77 Whoo hoo!! Nice loss!
    @Zumba_Luvah I like the idea of having little rewards when you meet a goal. Now that I see everyone shoveling, maybe I should be thankful we only got rain. Lol! All last evening we kept saying "if this only was snow we would have so much!" Well at least it is a win/win-you get your snow shoveled AND you burn a lot of calories! Good luck!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,451 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Took a little break after I cleaned the whole first floor to see what you were all up to. Now down to the basement for some exercise AND hopefully finish cleaning! Hope everyone is having a fun, restful and/or productive day!
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,419 Member
    Options
    lenka1 wrote: »
    @carlsoda it’s definitely not for everyone but I skip breakfast completely. I just drink coffee and tea.

If you want to give it a try maybe start with couple of days - 13-14h window and then. Push off an hour next day and another hour then etc

I didn’t jump to fasting right away. I pushed off breakfast til 10, later on til 11 and now Its usually 12-1230 before I eat. But yes first maybe 7-10 days weren’t too easy.

I used to be a snacking queen. Constantly shoving food down my throat. Every hour something. I just always felt the need to eat bc I was “hungry”

IF helped me amazingly with this issue. I don’t get to snack at all anymore bc my body simply knows it’s gonna get it’s calories now at certain time so I don’t really feel the need to eat outside of my window. But when I eat I eat a big meal 600-800 cal to fill me up.

If you gonna try, good luck! I don’t think it’s that hard to get used to it but it may take at least a week or two of tough mornings or nights if you’d skip dinner instead of breakfast.

Thank you,! One I get over this cold I will try it. I usually eat breakfast at 7:30, but I will start pushing it off by an hour and go from there. One step at a time! And yes I need my dang snacks, I don’t want snacks anymore!
  • twyla77
    twyla77 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Daily log in for: Sun Jan 20
    Logged: Yes, under
    Water: 6 and a bit
    Exercise: did my 28-Day Challenge and my 1st yoga challenge!
    Steps: 12,421

@Mrsbell8well what an awesome shopping day! So much good stuff AND you stayed on budget?! amazing.

@CassieGetsFit2013 sending you a hug. you can do it!
  • kirsten11872
    Options
    @czvanut you can definitely see a difference! Keep up the great work!😊💪🏻
  • kirsten11872
    Options
    @Cafelelia sounds like a wonderful night with the family! 😊🍷
This discussion has been closed.