AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    tinak33 wrote: »
    Daily post for Wednesday
    Track: yes
    Calories: yes, under
    Exercise: stairs at work and 100 squats
    Water: 136 oz and counting

Busy work day, and I really wanted to indulge at various points of the day, but I am sticking to my plan and no indulging. AndbI feel really good about that.

@tinak33 That right there is a great NSV, it's hard not to indulge, especially when it's all around us and you did great!!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Wildmage69 wrote: »
    Daily Post: Wednesday 3/13

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes
    Goals/Day/Comments: Had my first karate lesson tonight...Ouch!! 😄 A lot of fun. My weigh in on Friday isn’t going to be pretty with the week I had, but sticking with it!

@Wildmage69 You might be surprised...sometimes I am, and I'm glad you had fun with your karate lesson, it's pretty awesome that you're trying something new!!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Welcome to Thursday Team!!

And to represent Thursday all on her own:
    @tinak33
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    GOOD MORNING TEAM SLIMSONS🤼‍♀️🤼‍♀️

TODAY'S MOTIVATIONAL TIP: ⚡⚡⚡ELECTROLYTES ⚡⚡⚡

koq5rdfslpcn.jpg

I realize some of my dizziness may be from lack of electrolytes so thought I share this tip today. When you become a low carb eater and active in working out you tend to lose more Electrolytes than average person and drinking the loaded sugary sport drinks won't help you stay on track.

https://www.verywellfit.com/how-to-make-a-sugar-free-sports-drink-2241684

A little tin bit from the above website including making your own sports drink (I tried just adding the salt and lemon juice to water and I would not suggest it to anyone😖)
    "evidence that electrolytes are indeed very effective in regulating your body's fluid balance, especially during and after exercise, illness, and if you're a strict low-carb dieter. If you're a low-carb dieter who exercises, or if you're on a low-carb diet and get sick, you doubly need these added electrolytes."

Sugar-Free Sports Drink Recipe
    Mix together
    :

1 cup (8 ounces) water (not carbonated)
    2 tablespoons lemon juice
    small pinch of salt (a teaspoon of salt contains 2,300 milligrams of sodium, so you need 1/20th of a teaspoon of salt—not much)
    Flavoring and sweetener to taste. You might try Crystal Light Drink Mix, unsweetened Kool Aid (with sugar substitute to taste), or sugar-free flavored syrups such as Da Vinci or Torino

Have an awesome day.

Regards
    Glorious Gloria
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,308 Member
    Options
    ^^^ This is a great post @gjaholy33 !!

I had pretty horrible calf cramping daily for about a month or more. Over vacation my hubby started putting electrolyte drops (you can purchase them online) in my water bottle, and my cramps stopped. I've been having SmartWater before bed each night (20-33 ounces before bed) and that has helped too.

Thank you for this!👏👏😉
  • AB0215
    edited March 2019
    Options
    @gjaholy33 @SLIMn2016 100% electrolytes are super important. Sodium is another thing that's been demonized and it's necessary for the body to function. You can have headaches, muscle cramps, or generally feel sick and have a lack of energy if your electrolytes are off, or low.

Since I've gone keto and started paying attention to and ultimately taking in WAY more of these minerals, my migraines have almost disappeared completely, and that is something I never thought I'd see. I was on medication and it's been almost 2 years since I've taken a migraine med at this point.
  • gjaholy33
    edited March 2019
    Options
    thought I share this low carb recipe I found trying to keep my new plan interesting but can only eat chicken and ground Turkey. . open to ideas

https://www.thechunkychef.com/heroin-chicken-tenders/

gmr070kouz0e.jpg
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    @gjaholy33 @SLIMn2016 100% electrolytes are super important. Sodium is another thing that's been demonized and it's necessary for the body to function. You can have headaches, muscle cramps, or generally feel sick and have a lack of energy if your electrolytes are off, or low.

Since I've gone keto and started paying attention to and ultimately taking in WAY more of these minerals, my migraines have almost disappeared completely, and that is something I never thought I'd see. I was on medication and it's been almost 2 years since I've taken a migraine med at this point.

I think that is awesome I also suffer from migraines so here's to hoping better management for me as well
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options

@tinak33

Here it is!

Username: tinak33
    March Week 2
    Previous Weight: 161.0
    Current Weight: 158.3

Yay!!! I made it to the 150s again! Now I need to hit 155 (or less) by the end of the month!
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    tinak33 wrote: »

@tinak33

Here it is!

Username: tinak33
    March Week 2
    Previous Weight: 161.0
    Current Weight: 158.3

Yay!!! I made it to the 150s again! Now I need to hit 155 (or less) by the end of the month!

Wow awesome job keep it up 👍🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,834 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: March 13th

Calories under goal: No, but only about 40 calories over my set limit of 1350
    Exercise: 9700 steps walking (I think this is a record for me)

I'm under a lot of stress at work....basically doing the job of 2 people. I'm really trying to get a promotion but not having much luck and feeling unappreciated. I can retire early in 7 months and I might do it. However, I refuse to let this stress stop my progress.

I had a nice NSV today. I wore a size 18 shirt for the first time in at least 10 years. I'm so used to wearing baggy clothes, it felt strange wearing something that fit. I also received a couple of nice compliments.

great victories nice steps
  • digger61
    Options
    Wednesday Check in:
    Calories: under
    Water: on track
    Exercise: 120mins aqua size
    today; going outside for a walk weathers nice cleaning garage out
  • batgirl140
    batgirl140 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    batgirl140 wrote: »
    Daily check in: March 13

Calories: Under
    Exercise: No.

To the doctor today. She gave me a regimen to try, much more than I’ve been trying myself. It’ll help im sure.

Otherwise, the doctor was happy with the weight I’d lost and how I’m eating. She did say I should adjust my carb/ fat ratio so I lowered my carbs and upped my fat.

Won’t be progress this weeks weigh in but I’ll be ready for a loss next week!!!

@batgirl140 I'm glad your doctor was able to make suggestions to help with your issues, and I'm impressed that she suggested more fat and less carbs. That's a good sign. We've been demonizing fat, but historically it's how we've eaten for centuries before we started processing food the way we are now. Fat helps with hormone production and keeping them normal, and brain development in children, and more than that, it helps you feel fuller longer because it takes so much longer for the body to break it down for energy and cell development.

I read an article yesterday that caught my eye about those things exactly, which I already knew, but I was impressed by the article and where I saw it. I think we might be starting to turn a corner on how we view nutrition and we may as a society actually start being able to reverse the effects of the food industry's war on fat.

@AB0215 I liked what she had to say too. I’ve always liked my PCP. 😊 A low fat diet was always so unsatisfying in the past. This time it’s much better with protein and fat and enough carbs to keep my carbaholic at bay! Of course she was talking about healthy fats but I do use butter, sometimes. I love me some butter! 😁

Like you said fats are important in everyone’s diet, you can’t completely cut them out, but they get a bad rap!
  • digger61
    Options
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    Daily Post Wednesday

Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise yes 15minutes walking
    Water 145oz
    Goals/comments
    Excited my new plan is working so far and releasing the stress of my family is helping not to binge publicly or secretly as of right now. Shock my therapist with how much I've lost since Friday but I'm still impressed with my results but I'll feel better when it counts and this week just put me back on track.
    My goal for tomorrow is to find another protein as I ran out of my kale meatloaf hmmmm maybe lean ground Turkey patties with spinach and kale using my George Foreman grill?

The key is keeping my food interesting so I'm not tempted.

NSV: My dress was so long today it was catching on the wheel of the walker. Now this is one of the dresses I wear weekly to my appts so it really showed how much progress I'm making.

TOMORROW IS ANOTHER DAY STAY POSITIVE

great non scale victory
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Daily check in: March 13

Calories: Under
    Exercise: No.

To the doctor today. She gave me a regimen to try, much more than I’ve been trying myself. It’ll help im sure.

Otherwise, the doctor was happy with the weight I’d lost and how I’m eating. She did say I should adjust my carb/ fat ratio so I lowered my carbs and upped my fat.

Won’t be progress this weeks weigh in but I’ll be ready for a loss next week!!!

I read an article yesterday that caught my eye about those things exactly, which I already knew, but I was impressed by the article and where I saw it. I think we might be starting to turn a corner on how we view nutrition and we may as a society actually start being able to reverse the effects of the food industry's war on fat.

@AB0215 I liked what she had to say too. I’ve always liked my PCP. 😊 A low fat diet was always so unsatisfying in the past. This time it’s much better with protein and fat and enough carbs to keep my carbaholic at bay! Of course she was talking about healthy fats but I do use butter, sometimes. I love me some butter! 😁

Like you said fats are important in everyone’s diet, you can’t completely cut them out, but they get a bad rap!

Very cool - I’ll add a high fat diet has done wonders for my skin!! I’m logging my omega 3s everyday as a challenge to see how much progress I can make with just nutrition.
  • AB0215
    Options

@batgirl140 You know...butter IS a healthy fat (not margarine) that's just another thing that's been demonized over time, although it is a bit processed, it is still a good fat, and avocados are a great source of healthy fats, olives and olive oil, coconut oil, avocado oils, that's what I stick with in the healthy fats department, as well as fats from meats like I tend to go for fattier cuts of meat so I get more healthy fats in that way too. Some suggestions. :smile:
  • gjaholy33
    Options

@batgirl140 You know...butter IS a healthy fat (not margarine) that's just another thing that's been demonized over time, although it is a bit processed, it is still a good fat, and avocados are a great source of healthy fats, olives and olive oil, coconut oil, avocado oils, that's what I stick with in the healthy fats department, as well as fats from meats like I tend to go for fattier cuts of meat so I get more healthy fats in that way too. Some suggestions. :smile:

So true that is why I buy Breakstones butter and not margarine and always buy Extra Virgin Olive oil
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Hi All! 🧚🏻‍♂️

Daily check in - 3.14
    Tracked-✅
    Calories- under ✅
    Exercise- yes ✅ 45 min SoulCycle, 15 min arm weights

Got in over 6 servings of veggies today, kept to my macros/carbs and also got in a bunch of my fish oils and omega 3.

Going to continue to drink water and green tea the rest of the night.Bought this wonderful Moroccan mint tea! Jasmine too- it’s so fragrant and not bitter at all.

I’ve lost a few lbs in the last few days but still hoping to get that water weight gone from last week.

Hope you are having a great day! 🌈
    Can not wait for spring to come soon enough!! 🌷

• SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo!!! Best to all! Great job and effort!
  • zara6bells
    zara6bells Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Thursday 14th)

Calories:Yes (under goal, even without exercise amount)
    Exercise: Yes ( 45 squats, 21 minutes of aerobic low impact)
    Water: 122 oz

Goal: Increase my water and hopefully put in some exercise workouts before bed.

This discussion has been closed.