TEAM: The Slimsons (March)

Options

Replies

• batgirl140
    batgirl140 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    batgirl140 wrote: »
    @AB0215 I liked what she had to say too. I’ve always liked my PCP. 😊 A low fat diet was always so unsatisfying in the past. This time it’s much better with protein and fat and enough carbs to keep my carbaholic at bay! Of course she was talking about healthy fats but I do use butter, sometimes. I love me some butter! 😁

Like you said fats are important in everyone’s diet, you can’t completely cut them out, but they get a bad rap!

@batgirl140 You know...butter IS a healthy fat (not margarine) that's just another thing that's been demonized over time, although it is a bit processed, it is still a good fat, and avocados are a great source of healthy fats, olives and olive oil, coconut oil, avocado oils, that's what I stick with in the healthy fats department, as well as fats from meats like I tend to go for fattier cuts of meat so I get more healthy fats in that way too. Some suggestions. :smile:

@AB0215 I’ve often thought about making my own butter, I watch too many homesteading shows! Maybe I’ll give that a try one of these days! I make my kids birthday cakes from scratch. They are full of butter. The icing uses crisco, I wonder if I replaced that with coconut oil. I’m going to research that! And avocados I need to give a chance.
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options

@AB0215 I’ve often thought about making my own butter, I watch too many homesteading shows! Maybe I’ll give that a try one of these days! I make my kids birthday cakes from scratch. They are full of butter. The icing uses crisco, I wonder if I replaced that with coconut oil. I’m going to research that! And avocados I need to give a chance.

@batgirl140 I would think you could swap coconut oil for crisco, they're both the same consistency, but if you try it, I would get the refined as that one doesn't have the coconut flavor, unless you want it to taste like coconut, then get the unrefined.
  • NuggetBrain
    NuggetBrain Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Username: NuggetBrain
    Week: March Week 2 (Monday)
    PW: 264.2
    CW: 262.6
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    HAPPY FRIDAY TEAM SLIMSONS🏋️‍♀️🏋️‍♂️

MOTIVATIONAL TIP: ALL ABOUT FIBER🍏🥑

682yjxdpqbif.jpg

Have a blessed day.

Regards,
    Glorious Gloria
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Username: NuggetBrain
    Week: March Week 2 (Monday)
    PW: 264.2
    CW: 262.6

Nice👏🏾👏🏾👍🏾👍🏾
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Username: Losing_it_2013
    Week: March Week 2
    Weigh-in Day: Tuesday
    PW = 189.2
    CW= 188.2
    Difference: -1.0

Keep it up 👍🏾👍🏾
  • gjaholy33
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Daily Post Friday

Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise yes 10 minutes Hasfit YOUTUBE HIIT workout
    Water 198oz
    Goals/comments

Hope everyone had awesome day.

I'm eating my last meal. My aide 1st attempt with the George foreman grill came out a little charred but these Spinach-kale ground Turkey patties mixed with diced tomatoes, paste, garlic, chia seeds and onions is th he bomb diggity!👌🏾👌🏾

763pq51jmwr8.jpg

Was a little extra hungry today but still stay focus and under my specific goal.
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    Oh my so much to catch up on. It’s been a crazy week for me. Haven’t been able to get on as much as I’d like to. And I haven’t tracked as well as I should. Hoping the scale doesn’t yell at me tomorrow.
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,839 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »

@batgirl140 I would think you could swap coconut oil for crisco, they're both the same consistency, but if you try it, I would get the refined as that one doesn't have the coconut flavor, unless you want it to taste like coconut, then get the unrefined.

I really like coconut oil good to fry in Also great in coffee with butter
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,839 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Thursday
    Track: Yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: Yes aquasize 120 min
  • zara6bells
    zara6bells Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Friday

Calories: Yes (under by 756, + exercise calories)
    Exercise: Yes ( 10 minutes walking, 21 minutes Zumba dance low intensity)
    Water: 145 oz
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    3.15 check in

Tracked - yes
    Calories- under
    Exercise- rest day

Got in 6 servings of veggies today. Probably drank too much coffee though- I really need to monitor that.
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    Fri - March 15
    Track: Yes✔️
    Calories: Yes ✔️
    Exercise: Four hours of golf
    Comments: sunny and great day for 🏌️‍♀️ ⛳️
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Daily post for Friday

Track: yes
    Calories: yes, under
    Exercise: stairs at work and 100 squats
    Water: 138 oz and counting

Did really well today, prelogged my dinner so I could budget for snacks. I actually had 3 fish fillets but my daughter ate 3 quarters on one. Hahaha so I got crackers after dinner, cuz I was still hungry. Stayed in my calories though!
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    @slimn2016 I love the photos of Goldie!{
  • batgirl140
    batgirl140 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Daily check in: March 15

Calories: Under
    Exercise: No

Had my boys home with me today, no school. 😁 Always a good day!
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: March 15th

Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: 3500 steps walking (went shopping at Best Buy, Walmart, and the grocery store)
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    SLIMn2016 wrote: »
    Daily Post: Friday, March 15th
    Username: SLIMn2016

Calories: Yes
    Exercise: No gym/rest day, light 3 mile walk with Goldie
    Water: 145.8
    Steps: 6,634 / 3.28 miles

🐩👇🏻GOLDIE 💕🐻