TEAM: The Slimsons (March)

Options

Replies

• AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    I woke up with this cyst/abscess in the back of my throat so I couldn't take my meds or eat anything until this afternoon and only applesauce and only a little liquid cause it feels like I'm choking all the time. I did call my dr at 5am and she call me back at 9 and told me she'll arrange transportation for me to be a walk in being that I'm asthmatic but they couldn't do anything for me so I'm going to the ENT at 4pm tomorrow just have to get through another night and day without eating solids.

My sister said at least it help me lose more weight. . .she's hilarious but I how she put a positive spin on things

TOMORROW IS ANOTHER DAY STAYING POSITIVE

@gjaholy33 Chicken broth may help, or a warm liquid in general may help you to get something down....not sure why it does, but for me, it does help when my throat is so swollen that it feels like I'm choking, may be worth a shot if you're having that much trouble, hang in there, tomorrow afternoon will be here before you know it.
  • AB0215
    Options
    tinak33 wrote: »
    Daily post for Tuesday

Track: yes
    Calories: yes, under
    Exercise: stairs at work and 100 squats
    Water: 155 oz and counting...

Feeling a bit better with my low sodium day. Hoping that I can improve on those good feelings tomorrow! Haha
    And also hoping the scale is nice to me..... :#:D

@tinak33 I hope the scale is nice to you and dang girl, that's definitely a lot of water, guess you decided to wash away all the sodium lol.
  • BougeeBrat
    BougeeBrat Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday)
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Total 1907, Net 1032, Goal 2000. Under by 968 (calories adjust according to activity level)
    Exercise: Yes, Back
    Steps: 24,437
    Water: 119.4 oz
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Daily post for Tuesday

Feeling a bit better with my low sodium day. Hoping that I can improve on those good feelings tomorrow! Haha

@tinak33 I hope the scale is nice to you and dang girl, that's definitely a lot of water, guess you decided to wash away all the sodium lol.

It helps that I actually felt very thirsty all day.... I have phases where I feel really thirsty and drink lots of water, and other days when its a struggle to get 60 oz... haha
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    Daily post for Tuesday

It helps that I actually felt very thirsty all day.... I have phases where I feel really thirsty and drink lots of water, and other days when its a struggle to get 60 oz... haha

Yeah I use to have that struggle as well and I use to set an alarm when I was at home to drink a glass every hour until it became a habit.
  • gjaholy33
    edited March 2019
    Options
    genajonas wrote: »
    Daily Post (Tuesday)
    Calories: Total 1907, Net 1032, Goal 2000. Under by 968 (calories adjust according to activity level)
    Exercise: Yes, Back
    Steps: 24,437
    Water: 119.4 oz

You're rocking it👍🏾👍🏾
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday)

Calories: Sort of.
    Exercise:Yes, 15 mins treadmill, 60 mins weight training.

Comments: I'm having one of those days where I can't really seem to get my emotions under control, and that's not really having any other effect other than I'm just mad at myself. Hubby said something that really hit a nerve today and the more I think about what he said, the more angry I get and I don't deal with anger in what I'd consider a normal way, instead of being mad and letting it go, I cry about it and it just makes me more mad, and then more tears come and well, it's just a viscous cycle. Tomorrow is another day, hopefully I'll be less angry when I wake up.

Sending ghost hugs your way.

j71poqn2iama.png

I know I hate when I can't let things go but overtime I have found a productive way to deal rather than eat my feelings even though there are still some weak moments. ❤
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    Anyone else have issues with posting last night?

Here’s my check in for tues 3/19
    Tracked yes
    Calories over
    Exercise no.
  • CourtneyLomonaco
    CourtneyLomonaco Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday)
    Track: no
    Calories: ok
    Exercise: 30 minutes elliptical and 2 mile jog

The scale was ridiculous this morning, hoping its a bit better on Friday....
  • tinak33
    Options
    vicky2767 wrote: »

Here’s my check in for tues 3/19
    Tracked yes
    Calories over
    Exercise no.

Yes!!
    I had to log in to the website from my phone, and then to get to the community, I had to click on it multiple time, go back, try again.... kept having me log in, but then saying that my username or password was wrong. Drove me nuts!
    Still having issues with the app, but seems to be ok on the website when I am on the PC.....
  • Bm00re2u
    Bm00re2u Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday)

Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, outside play

My oldest son started soccer!⚽🥅 I'm officially a soccer mom 😊
    I think he likes it, but wants to pick up the ball more than kick it LOL
    My husband and I kicked the ball around a bit with him and my youngest after practice. Lots of fun!
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,308 Member
    Options
    Comments: I'm having one of those days.....

🤗 Big hugs Ashley--- I hate those days when someone you love says something that hurts so much or angers you.... I've been married for long enough to have stock piled those moments unfortunately😆😖. I would talk to him about it after you settle down a bit--- so you don't say anything in the heat of the moment.... advice: talk to him as though he is a child 🤷🏻‍♀️ IK it sounds demeaning, but it will keep you sane in the moment--- just tell yourself "he didn't know any better---so I will teach him". Start with "You know I really love you--- and when you said "XYZ" it hurt me".

Hope that helps---don't keep it inside though! It will only do damage to you.❤️

PS: THANK YOU SO MUCH for the dill pickle juice advice---OMG that saved me the last couple of days!!! 🙌🤗

gjaholy33 wrote: »

Forgot to mention important NSV:
    Glorious Gloria ❤👌🏾👌🏾

YEAH!!! What a great victory Gloria... and I hope your throat is better today. I've had that before and it is miserable.😖😟✨🤗 Get well!!❤️

vicky2767 wrote: »

Yes---MFP was super weird yesterday and I had small windows of opportunity it would allow to log in or post---😤😣
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    Options
    Soooo my knees are feeling awful--- have to rethink my workout schedule, which I was super excited about having attained, but now feeling sidelined and do not want injury. I'll have to really watch my diet and tone down my workouts. This will affect my weight loss this week unfortunately.🤷🏻‍♀️😔

Trying to stay positive though---so stretching and focus on healthy eating. @mg07030 Mary has inspired me to eat more fish and veggies this week!! So haddock and riced cauliflower yesterday and swordfish and brussel sprouts tonight ....some red snapper to this week.👌🏻😋

🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷✨HAPPY 1ST DAY OF SPRING!!!✨✨🌼🐝
  • tinak33
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday)

Calories: Sort of.
    Exercise:Yes, 15 mins treadmill, 60 mins weight training.

Comments: I'm having one of those days where I can't really seem to get my emotions under control, and that's not really having any other effect other than I'm just mad at myself. Hubby said something that really hit a nerve today and the more I think about what he said, the more angry I get and I don't deal with anger in what I'd consider a normal way, instead of being mad and letting it go, I cry about it and it just makes me more mad, and then more tears come and well, it's just a viscous cycle. Tomorrow is another day, hopefully I'll be less angry when I wake up.

Awww sweetie.....
    I do the same thing! Glad I am not the only one who cries when mad... I don't know why that is my reaction, but I noticed it's mostly when I am mad at someone close to me, who I care about. If it's someone I am not that close to, I can be mad and not cry. But people who's opinions and thoughts matter to me, who I care about and trust, with them, I cry when mad. And yes, it's a vicious cycle.
    Does he even know that he said something that hurt you? Did he mean it differently? Did he say it jokingly just to get a rise out of you? Sometimes people say things and don't realize how sensitive you are to it.... Hope you work it out and things are better today!
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    Options
    v7nwl2dmzeq6.png
  • Gadgetgirl259
    Gadgetgirl259 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Tuesday 3/19
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Rest Day
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: March 19th

Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: 11,500 steps walking + 5 squats (thought I would give it a shot - my left knee was a little balky but I survived). I somehow got "credit" for walking up 3 flights of steps for walking up the stairs to the mezzanine today.

@CindyJNC1963 That's awesome!! I think 11 stairs might be what counts as a flight....don't quote me on that, my memory doesn't always serve me right....
    Awesome job with the squats!! If you don't have pain or any negative effects, it will help strengthen your legs/knees. Really exciting news! Great job!

Thanks!! I felt ok this morning. My quads were a little sore but it was a good sore. I checked my fitbit and it said it counts a rise in elevation of 10 feet as a flight of steps. So, today I did the set of steps twice and got credit for 5 flights of steps (there is a total of 17 steps there).

• i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Daily Post: Wednesday, March 20th
    Username: SLIMn2016

✅ Track: Yes
    ✅ Calories: Yes, under
    ✅ Exercise: No, rest/recovery day- (just a 3 mile walk with Goldie)
    ✅ Water: 153.8oz.
    ✅ Steps: 7,692

🗣Comments: Knees are knocked out….so rest day. 😟 Ice tonight and light calorie day today and fasting day tomorrow and hoping TOM and my boo-boo knees don’t wreck my weigh in on Friday morning🤞🏻😬
  • AB0215
    Options
    SLIMn2016 wrote: »

🤗 Big hugs Ashley--- I hate those days when someone you love says something that hurts so much or angers you.... I've been married for long enough to have stock piled those moments unfortunately😆😖. I would talk to him about it after you settle down a bit--- so you don't say anything in the heat of the moment.... advice: talk to him as though he is a child 🤷🏻‍♀️ IK it sounds demeaning, but it will keep you sane in the moment--- just tell yourself "he didn't know any better---so I will teach him". Start with "You know I really love you--- and when you said "XYZ" it hurt me".

Hope that helps---don't keep it inside though! It will only do damage to you.❤️

PS: THANK YOU SO MUCH for the dill pickle juice advice---OMG that saved me the last couple of days!!! 🙌🤗

@SLIMn2016 The thing is, I understand why he said what he said, but some of the other things he said along with it sort of take away the "out of love" message and that's what pisses me off about it. I don't want to discuss it any further with him. He doesn't understand why he said what he said is wrong, I need to SHOW him why it's wrong, and sadly the only way to do that is to say something like that to him that will sound mean even though it's coming from a place of love. I understand how important it is for someone to come to do something on their own terms and he's trying to push me to do something I'm just not ready to do. I think the only way to really explain how I feel is to attack the problem in the same way with something he's not ready to do and I want him to. In reality though, I am trying to let it go, and I'm still pissed today and it's led me down the path today of a headache. I really just need to let it go and I'm trying, it's just going to take a little time to "heal", as with all things.

And sadly, I've been married long enough to have a stockpile of these things myself ( we're like 3 months away from being married 9 years, wow that sound like a lot) and it just takes me a bit to work through the anger. I realize that to love someone and spend your life with them like this, these things are a normal part of the relationship, I just need to vent, honestly. It helps.

And as for the pickle juice, that helps SO much. I always save all my pickle juice from the jars, even if there's no more pickles, it has come in handy more times than I can count!! And supposedly, you can drink it even if you're fasting because what's left from the pickling process is basically a little flavoring and mostly sodium...I've used it on many fasts.
This discussion has been closed.