Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WEIGHT NO MORE - March 2019

Replies

• sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,470 Member
    Daily Check in for Wednesday
    Food: logged and under. Wouldn't let me post and I will explain below
    Water: 80 0z
    Exercise and steps Walking video and 14,175 steps

First of all-Wow! I usually don't lose that much in a week! I am happy to be distancing my self from the 200 mark. I have little over 5 lbs and I will be just "overweight". I am really doing well focusing on my hunger. I am learning a lot. I am not always successful but I am really starting to understand the process. Yesterday I had a good day with eating. I had my usual breakfast and lunch and then had a cauliflower crust pizza. I ate till I was satisfied which happened to be eating all I had planned. No snacks. I went to complete my diary and realized I was 200 calories short of what MFP wants you to have. So I thought, I can have a chocolate vitamuffin with some halo top icecream!! Then I stopped myself, I wasn't hungry, I wouldn't have even thought of having that if I could have completed my diary. Then I thought-a yogurt! Once again, my inner voice said you're not even hungry, this is stupid. Don't complete your diary, you logged everything, you ate well today, YOU AREN'T HUNGRY so don't eat! I am still a little surprised looking back that I didn't have anything. Usually in my head that would have been a great excuse to eat. I think I am finally getting this! I am so happy to be at the shore, it is very quiet in the off season, I love it. I am debating kayaking, it is a little cold still. I may bring it down to the dock so it is ready to go when I want to use it. I can't wait to get out and walk. It is so sunny out, a little chill in the air but nice. If I can get a bike down I am going to go for a ride too. I may have to wait for my son in law. Hope everyone has a great day and have fun weekend planned.

@amsandos That is the thing with having a bad day or making a poor choice, one time doesn't really do as much damage as you may think. That is why it is so important to get right back at it and not let it spiral out of control. That is when the problems start. I would stay in the challenge. You are going to be learning a lot with fueling yourself for the races and what your body needs. I wish I could help you but I have never done that type of workout. I am interested to see how it goes for you.
    @Mrsbell8well That's right, the memorial is tomorrow...that made me think of what a crazy stressful month you have had, between Molly's Mom, you Mom, newish job...it is a lot to wrap your head around. I am glad everything is a little smoother now. I will be thinking of you all tomorrow in memory of Molly's mom. She did have a tough few months at the end as you all did. Hugs!
    @pacsnc6 I know it is frustrating but try not to let that bother you. Keep doing what you are doing and the scale will catch up eventually.
  • lenka1
    lenka1 Posts: 295 Member
    Thank you for your sweet words of encouragement, guys! I really appreciate it!!!!

We came home on Tuesday. It was a tough day and flight was bad and now we are coming down with cold. Of course. I feel like we have been sick non stop this winter.

I have not been mentally were I needed to be while there.
    I’m back home and back to eating like I should. Feeling much better physically and mentally. It’s just crazy how much it’s affected me. I thought I was stronger. Oh well. Long road ahead til I learn how to deal with this.

I won’t participate in April bc I’m afraid to step on the scale until I’m at least 2 weeks in - good eating and workouts. I know it’s just a stupid scale number but I know it will mess me up if I see the damage I did to myself.

I want to continue the challenge though - for sure but not in April bc I won’t weigh myself first 2 weeks, if that’s okay. I’d like to be back in May to lose those last 10-12 pounds.

:heart:

• sleepymom5
    7ahn6f1p5zuy.jpeg
    I know there are a lot of frustrated team members out there! Let's kick some butt this weekend. Don't let your frustration ruin your progress. I know we will see different results next week. The scale does catch up, I promise! Let's finish the week strong!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,427 Member
    carlsoda
    Week 4 WI
    PW 146.3
    CW 146.6

I've been bouncing all over the place this week..1 day as low as 145.1. Hoping that means I'm heading downwards. :)
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,427 Member
    Thursday Check in:

Food: Great
    Water: Great
    Steps: Over 10,000 + Yoga

I love how it's staying a little lighter out at night, around 7:30 we went out for a quick 1 mile walk and it was just starting to get dark. Love this time of the year!

I'm also dying to take a vacation day soon and work in the garden. I have a few things I can start on now - so maybe next Friday? Give it another week for the frost to come out of the ground. My raised bed garden started to fall apart last year, so I need to dismantle it and move the soil over to a new garden I am starting.

@cyndiesstuff - praying for you!! Good luck!!!
    @sleepymom5 - amazing loss!! Yay you!!
    @Mrsbell8well - thinking of you and Molly this weekend.

Have a great day everyone else!!
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Thanks for well wishes. @Shirin_K and @sleepymom5 wow amazing weight loss ladies!!! So proud of both of you!!!
    @carlsoda I’m so proud of you too and envious your so close to normal range!!! I’m really looking forward to that too. My goal is by June 1st.
    Bought a black dress last night for the weekend. It’s so little. I’m finding my clothing and jewelry style is changing. My SIL called me Jackie O today. My little body needs smaller jewelry and a different type of clothing than what I’m used to. It’s rather intriguing.
  • Shirin_K
    Shirin_K Posts: 258 Member
    edited March 2019
    Daily Check in for: Thursday
    Food: Logged and under
    Water: 32 oz
    Exercise and steps: 13,820 steps

Yesterday was another good day! Got my hair cut and colored and enjoyed having a couple hours of “me time”. I also had someone notice that I had lost weight – it was the first time anyone (besides my husband) mentioned they could tell. Today is going well so far. My daughter had gymnastics this morning and then we are going to my son’s school carnival tonight. I think I may need to fit in exercise after that since I’m running out of time this afternoon.

@sleepymom5 Oh my goodness what a great loss this week! You are doing awesome! It sounds so nice to be at the shore. I LOVE kayaking! When my husband and I lived in Rhode Island we went ocean or river kayaking almost every weekend. Such fun times! We still have the kayaks but have only used them once or twice since we’ve had kids lol. You’ll have to share some pictures when you get out on the water so I can see what I’m missing :smile:

@carlsoda You have done so well this month – great job sticking with your Whole30 plan! The scale will catch up.

Have a great Friday (and weekend) everybody!

• sleepymom5
    @lenka1 I did move you to the cheer squad. I hope you still check in with us. I am glad you are home safely. I totally understand that you want to hold off before you get on the scale. Make sure you follow us to the April thread. I hope you had a good trip and hope you all are feeling better soon.
    @Carlsoda I bet that you are heading downwards. My weight does that before it goes down. Is today the last day of the whole30 and you can start adding a little more in? You have been doing great! I need to get work done outside too. Hope the cold, cold weather is past us.
    @Mrsbell8well I never thought of your style changing with weight loss but it makes sense! Safe travels today!
    @Shirin_K I bet more and more will be noticing, especially since soon there will be no coats and bulky clothes to hide behind. Sounds like another fun weekend planned with the kiddos! Enjoy! Btw- I just paddle around in the bay, not sure how I would do on the ocean or a river Lol! I will post pics but may be my next trip down. It was a little cool and windy today. Tomorrow is supposed to be nicer.
  • hkfleming
    hkfleming Posts: 146 Member
    @sleepymom5 Oh, everything is fine! I'm still right on plan, but I've been hitting it really hard this week in the weight room and I'm pretty sure I'm holding a lot of water. :)
  • sleepymom5
    @lennoncpa Nice loss!
    @phoebe112476 Wow! What a week! Good luck house hunting. I am sure that will be exciting! I am sure you will pick out the perfect spot for you and your children. Enjoy your second date this weekend. That is pretty awesome too! I am guessing a year ago you wouldn't believe either of those things would be happening. I also imagine that things are crazy at your place with two extra kids there. It was so nice you were able to find room in your house and your heart for those two.
    @Cafelelia Beautiful pic and beautiful flowers! I am glad you were able to enjoy a pain free day, I am sure those are few and far between. Hugs!
    @hkfleming I am sure it is from that then. I am glad you are taking it in stride. Nice job challenging yourself.
  • lenka1
    lenka1 Posts: 295 Member
    Thank you @sleepymom5 :) I appreciate that!
  • sleepymom5
    I posted the Weigh Ins last night and it was actually on this page before I refreshed it just now! WTH? Sorry about that! I guess there really are Gremlins. I would say maybe I didn't post it but the picture was up AND the @name was in blue. Sigh...
  • sleepymom5
    wrvvhrjw8ufn.jpeg

Saturday's Weigh Ins
    @kirsten11872

Sunday's Weigh Ins
    @CassieGetsFit2013
    @twyla77

Late weigh Ins
    @FieryVixsin
    @hope002
  • Mrsbell8well