Options

Replies

• cossmoss15
    cossmoss15 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    MINI CHALLENGE

04/04/19
    Logged food: Yes
    Under calories: Yes (even with pork schnitzel and perogies for dinner. It is a challenge to have this type of dinner since I have to really limit my portions and then hungry!)
    Exercise: Yes (55 minutes spin class, 10 minutes stretching)
    Steps: 8,418 (goal is to get 10k per day - most days that is difficult)
  • cossmoss15
    cossmoss15 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Kwinnero wrote: »
    Pulse check for TBBT. What does everyone think about starting a weekly conversation with any focused topic. At the end of our meetings at work we do a "round table" conversation, where we pretty much share our thoughts. Would anyone like to do something like that to help us stay engaged with our mission?

I like that idea - great to learn from each other!
  • karrihowlett
    karrihowlett Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    April 4 Mini challenge

Tracked-Yes
    Under-Yes
    Exercise-60 minutes Orange Theory, 60 minutes walking
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,362 Member
    Options
    Pulse check for TBBT. What does everyone think about starting a weekly conversation with any focused topic. At the end of our meetings at work we do a "round table" conversation, where we pretty much share our thoughts. Would anyone like to do something like that to help us stay engaged with our mission?

Sounds like a good idea to me! It seems like a bunch loves the idea, 👍🏼

• ForLangston
    ForLangston Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    4.5.19: Had a lonnnnnnnggg work day yesterday. Weigh in is 247. No change, which is bizarre considering exercise, logging, and mindful choices. Will keep on doing what I need to do, as this is for my health.
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,982 Member
    Options
    mikea2g wrote: »
    WEIGH IN
    Username: mikea2g
    Starting weight on 7/25/2018: 309
    September start weight: 290 (-19)
    October start weight: 279. (-11)
    November start weight: 264.7 (-14.3)
    December start weight: 254.8 (-9.9)
    January start weight: 247.5 (-7.3)
    February start weight: 238.2 (-9.3)
    March start weight: 228.7 (-9.5)
    April start weight: 225.8 (-2.9)
    -————————————-
    Previous Week's weight: 225.8
    Today's Weight: 226.8

The “keep it positive” thought is ive started up heavy lifting after a month break so I probably have some inflammation weight going on and I’ll have a whoosh next week. What I’m really feeling is discouraged. I’ve logged accurately at a 750 calorie+ deficit and exercised every day this week. Really wasnt expecting a gain.

Nothing for it but to continue on plan. So it’s off to the gym for early morning elliptical and leg day. Hopefully next week the scale will show what I feel is my true progress.

You might want to look into weekly carb or calorie "cycling". I just watched it on youtube. They have a bunch of videos on it but basically you're fluctuating your calories/carbs from day to day which tricks your body. Might be worth it to look into.

But I'm sure you gained muscle too so don't be discouraged!!
  • mikea2g
    mikea2g Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Thanks @kwinnero. I’ll look into it.
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 8,001 Member
    Options
    @HASWLRS

I think I'd like to take April off. My birthday is coming up and I've been eating like an A.hole.
    I don't want to bring the team down.
    Can I start back up in May please?

@Bradleys8299, don't take the whole month off, Stacey, it has just started. Take your birthday week off to enjoy yourself, but then get your head back in the game. I'll transfer your weight over for now, but I'll expect a weigh-in on the 19th.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Those team mates who haven't reported in yet:

@dropitgirll, @elektrasmama, @tarafaye3957, @thyme1978, @Gabby2_2
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Still waiting for a weigh-in from:

@eatingfoodles, @mickey10111, @abowersgirl, @Coral333, @freeingme25
  • jlbtnc
    jlbtnc Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Week 1 – 4/5 – April Mini Challenge
    Logged Food: yes
    Under Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes – 45 minutes Leslie Sansone 3.1 miles, and 34 minutes outside
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    I owe you all an apology. I decided on Wednesday that my heel is too sore to join the running group that was starting up again on the 16th. That was hard to accept and I proceeded to have a three day pity party for myself. I am still here, sort of.
  • HASWLRS
    Options

At any time if anyone wants to start a conversation, this is the place. @Kwinnero, get us started, Krystal, so we can follow your lead.
  • Bradleys8299
    Bradleys8299 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    @HASWLRS

I think I'd like to take April off. My birthday is coming up and I've been eating like an A.hole.

@Bradleys8299, don't take the whole month off, Stacey, it has just started. Take your birthday week off to enjoy yourself, but then get your head back in the game. I'll transfer your weight over for now, but I'll expect a weigh-in on the 19th.

Lol I've got family visiting and they're going to take me out in 2 weeks. I don't think I'll be losing any weight this month but I'll report my weight if you want me to :smile:
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    @HASWLRS

Lol I've got family visiting and they're going to take me out in 2 weeks. I don't think I'll be losing any weight this month but I'll report my weight if you want me to :smile:

@Bradleys8299, enjoy the days that have birthday celebrations, and be good an all of the days that don't. I'll transfer your weight over until I get a weigh-in from you.
  • mikea2g
    mikea2g Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    MINI CHALLENGE
    DATE: Friday, April 5, 2019
    Logged food: Yes
    Under calories: No
    Exercise: Yes -
    / 20 minute light effort elliptical
    / 10 minutes stretching
    / 20 minutes strength training (legs)
    Steps as of posting: 12,232

Really had a hard day emotionally today. Was very disappointed from the weight gain despite doing everything correctly. I know intellectually there’s a valid reason but it hit me harder than expected. I think the gain plus having knee pain today plus some projects at home going wrong has me spiraling a bit. Looking forward to starting over again tomorrow.
This discussion has been closed.