TEAM: The Slimsons (June)

Options

Replies

• i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,308 Member
    Options
    o0kody0o wrote: »
    Yesssss Nancy 🥳 What an amazing loss! So happy for you...I hope you’re feeling super proud of yourself 🎉👏🤗

Thanks so much Avril! And congrats on your NSV... 🎊🎉that's the best feeling!👍

Nancy,

Awesome loss!!! You have been working your butt off!!! Celebration! 🥳🎊🎉💜👍🔥💃

Thank you! 🤗Though I don't trust the scale much these days, I do feel better this week.

GREAT loss!!!

Thank you Cindy!🤗🤗🤗
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,308 Member
    Options
    🥳🎊🎉 CONGRATS on your hard work and losses team! You really motivate me to try harder--I appreciate all of you so much💜 HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

Daily Post: Friday, June 14th
    Username: SLIMn2016

✅ Track: Yes
    ✅ Calories: Yes, under
    ✅ Exercise: Yes, Body Pump Xpress, CXWorks Core & Elliptical
    ✅ Water: 227.6 oz.

🗣Comments/Goals: Had a massive drop on the scale this week from my fast and from lessening my training schedule quite a bit— was holding a lot of water weight—so I’m expecting that I will see some pounds come back next week… but I feel better and it was a very good exercise of my mind over matter, and made me feel in control.
  • lsjhudson
    lsjhudson Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    💥 Daily Post: Friday, 14th June💥

Track: no 🤦‍♀️
    Calories: over
    Exercise: no

Comments: Today got the best of me. Tomorrow will be better.
  • lsjhudson
    Options
    DeshotelK wrote: »
    Weekly Weigh In

Username: DeshotelK
    June Week 2

Previous Weight: 198.6
    Current Weight: 196.4

Great result well done!

SLIMn2016 wrote: »
    Username: SLIMn2016
    Weigh in Day/Week: Friday, June - Week 2

PW = 162.4
    CW= 155.8

Check you, woman! That's an awesome loss!! 👊💥
  • lsjhudson
    Options
    batgirl140 wrote: »
    Daily check in June 13

Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: No

Saw the doctor, I have strep.

Ick. Sorry to hear this lovely. But in other news what a great weigh in for you this week!
  • lsjhudson
    Options
    o0kody0o wrote: »
    ⭐️NSV⭐️

My pre-pregnancy jeans were a size UK14 (US10) and after having my son I could not even get them past my thighs, so I lived in leggings for months. I eventually managed to fit into them and after losing some more weight, I currently wear jeans in a UK12 (US8). I’m visiting my mum today and tried on a few pairs of her jeans just to see if they would fit...and they did! They are a size UK10 (US6) They did feel a little snug but I could get them zipped and buttoned no problem. I never thought I’d see the day where I would fit into a size UK10 again 🥳

🎉🎉🎉 yesssssss!
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    I thought this news article was pretty surprising. I knew that sugary drinks were bad for you but I had no idea how bad. Incidentally, the doctor being interviewed is my Dad's cardiologist. He just loves her....and he dislikes most doctors. https://wbtv.com/2019/06/14/that-has-give-you-pause-charlotte-cardiologist-harvard-study-linking-sugary-drinks-an-early-death/

I love how they say there's a link between sugary drinks and increased risk of death, they leave out the part from heart disease, probably because of all the years that the American Heart Association said to eat more carb (grains) (aka sugar) which does NOT improve heart health. I also love how they're also saying sugary drinks, it's sugar in general...but sugary drinks do tend to be worse because you drink them quicker and don't get full signals like you might if you ate sugar instead, although that's also another issue since sugar is so addicting, you may eat just as much of it anyway...I'll stop ranting...

Here's the Harvard study info if anyone's interested.
    https://www.health.harvard.edu/heart-health/the-sweet-danger-of-sugar

Sorry, didn't mean to cause a stir. The medical community hasn't always been perfect, but there are some great doctors and she is one of them.

So to clarify, I'm not bothered by her, she's absolutely right! And good for her to share the information!

What really bothers me medical community in general, and I guess that's partially correct, the food industry and medical community. It really bothers me that they can't just admit that they were wrong and start telling people the right things, they're just starting to stop mentioning grains in their recommendations now instead of telling people WHAT to eat! Like you think that we'd actually want to start reversing the current health crisis and get the information out, but nope, we're just going to tell people things slowly like, drink less soda, etc. I think 10 years from now we will see things like don't eat processed foods and such, which is basically diets like a ketogenic diet or whole 30 or paleo, etc....but we shall see. (and well you can eat processed crap on those if you try hard enough but the idea behind those diets is to limit processed foods)

And nope, that was good information and the Doctor is right! No reason to be sorry!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Catching up big time this week!
    Missing weights from:
    @Melodyis4reals
    @eamitch88
    @jmitts2
    @lesockie
    @veeedot
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I thought this news article was pretty surprising. I knew that sugary drinks were bad for you but I had no idea how bad. Incidentally, the doctor being interviewed is my Dad's cardiologist. He just loves her....and he dislikes most doctors. https://wbtv.com/2019/06/14/that-has-give-you-pause-charlotte-cardiologist-harvard-study-linking-sugary-drinks-an-early-death/

I love how they say there's a link between sugary drinks and increased risk of death, they leave out the part from heart disease, probably because of all the years that the American Heart Association said to eat more carb (grains) (aka sugar) which does NOT improve heart health. I also love how they're also saying sugary drinks, it's sugar in general...but sugary drinks do tend to be worse because you drink them quicker and don't get full signals like you might if you ate sugar instead, although that's also another issue since sugar is so addicting, you may eat just as much of it anyway...I'll stop ranting...

Here's the Harvard study info if anyone's interested.
    https://www.health.harvard.edu/heart-health/the-sweet-danger-of-sugar

Sorry, didn't mean to cause a stir. The medical community hasn't always been perfect, but there are some great doctors and she is one of them.

So to clarify, I'm not bothered by her, she's absolutely right! And good for her to share the information!

What really bothers me medical community in general, and I guess that's partially correct, the food industry and medical community. It really bothers me that they can't just admit that they were wrong and start telling people the right things, they're just starting to stop mentioning grains in their recommendations now instead of telling people WHAT to eat! Like you think that we'd actually want to start reversing the current health crisis and get the information out, but nope, we're just going to tell people things slowly like, drink less soda, etc. I think 10 years from now we will see things like don't eat processed foods and such, which is basically diets like a ketogenic diet or whole 30 or paleo, etc....but we shall see. (and well you can eat processed crap on those if you try hard enough but the idea behind those diets is to limit processed foods)

And nope, that was good information and the Doctor is right! No reason to be sorry!

Thanks for the clarification.

I can understand why this type of information is released slowly though. If you tell people they can't have soft drinks, bread, pasta, frozen dinners, cheese, cereal, etc. then a lot of people would say "forget it" to all of it.
    I'm really a big believer in a balanced diet of lean protein, carbs, fat, and fiber. That's just my personal belief and its what I follow. I know I eat too much processed food. I don't eat nearly as much as I did before but its still a weakness. That's one of my future goals.
  • batgirl140
    batgirl140 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    lsjhudson wrote: »
    Daily check in June 13

Saw the doctor, I have strep.

Ick. Sorry to hear this lovely. But in other news what a great weigh in for you this week!

Starting to feel better already! Don’t like taking meds but sometimes they do wonders!! And thank you!
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    6.14 Daily Check IN (Fri) 💃🤸‍♀️💃
    Track: Yes✔️
    Calories: Yes ✔️ I will be for the day.
    Exercise: Five mile sunrise 🌅 morning hike and practiced golf 🏌️‍♀️ ⛳️ for an hour.

Comments: Beautiful morning to take in Gods beauty!

Proud of everyone’s accomplishments!! Congratulations!! Have a great weekend!
  • batgirl140
    batgirl140 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Daily check in June 14

Exercise: No. saving my energy for my testing tonight. Went well and I got my next belt! Next week starts a whole new form and I get to work with a bo staff!! Eeeeee!!

b7m3j2xeddom.jpeg
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    @batgirl140 Woohooo! Congrats on getting the next belt...what a great achievement 🎉 Well done you 😀👏🙌🏻
  • AB0215
    Options
    Daily Post (Friday)

Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, 120 mins yard work, 60 mins weight training--power snatches, power cleans + push jerks, jerk recoveries, and clamshell situps, 30 mins walking,

Comments: Have to get to bed, have to get up at 530ish to workout, then it's off to a very busy day.
  • CindyJNC1963
    Options
    Daily check in June 14

Exercise: No. saving my energy for my testing tonight. Went well and I got my next belt! Next week starts a whole new form and I get to work with a bo staff!! Eeeeee!!

Congrats!!

• CindyJNC1963
    Options
    Daily Post: June 14th

Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: 12,450 steps

I'm excited that the scale has finally started going downward again. I had been a little stuck for about 2 - 3 weeks.

One thing I have noticed with myself is that I have gotten away from eating fresh fruits and vegetables. I might go to the fresh market in the morning to see if I can get some goodies. Eventually I want to reduce the processed food I eat, but I like protein bars too much to ever give them up (and the veggie tots too). This is all a work in progress.
  • BougeeBrat
    BougeeBrat Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Daily Post - Friday

Water: 120 oz
    Steps: 4,652

Comments: Finally eating sort of regular and tracking again. Need to increase my water intake and get back on my step goal. My trainer is back from vacay so my rest is over. I needed the rest, not use to allergy season here and it is taking its toll on me. Thinking this may be a summer cold plus allergies, whatever it is it sucks big time!!!
    :(
  • BougeeBrat
    BougeeBrat Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    vwt4ewebytj5.jpg
    Received my second meal plan delivery today. I am so glad I found this company. This is the first prep company that I have tried that actually tastes good and allows you to choose what you want to order and not get stuck with actual meals that they choose for you. They do have prepared meals but I chose to order A LA CARTE. I order all of my protein so I don't have to spend hours in the kitchen prepping for me and then cooking for my family. I cook my own veggies and carbs (brown rice, quinoa or sweet potato). Here is the link if you want to check ot out http://fbuy.me/m6Owjo7ktyod7alxn.jpg
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    ⭐️Weekend motivation⭐️
    ⭐️Stay strong team!⭐️
    ⭐️We’ve got this!⭐️
    pa1fvawpz3ni.jpeg
This discussion has been closed.