Sat
    June week 2
    PW 172.1
    CW 171.8
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    I actually did this yesterday, but this marks 100 lbs gone. I can't believe it, still doesn't feel real. And on a side note, I'm heading out to the parade for the STL Blues this morning and I'm sporting my blue SMALL tshirt! Never thought that was a reality either.

Congratulations!! Amazing job.

• CindyJNC1963
    Options
    Daily Post: June 15th

Track: Yes
    Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: 11,550 steps

I did go to the farmers market today and got some local fresh fruit and veggies. I bought a watermelon and it was soooooooo good. It does have a lot of natural sugar but I don't get them often. I was hoping to find globe grapes but couldn't find any. I also bought some squash and zucchini and fixed that for dinner.
  • Gadgetgirl259
    Gadgetgirl259 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Thursday 6/13
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: 11 mile ride on Streetstrider, 2 mile run on treadmill
    Steps: 9,936

Daily Post: Friday 6/14
    Exercise: 2 mile treadmill run, walked the dog for 1.5 miles, (HITT) Training
    Steps: 12,474

Daily Post: Saturday 6/15
    Exercise: Rode Streetstrider 10 miles
    Steps: 10,995
  • batgirl140
    batgirl140 Posts: 433 Member
    Options

I did go to the farmers market today and got some local fresh fruit and veggies. I bought a watermelon and it was soooooooo good. It does have a lot of natural sugar but I don't get them often. I was hoping to find globe grapes but couldn't find any. I also bought some squash and zucchini and fixed that for dinner.

@CindyJNC1963 zucchini and squash are a fav! Sautéed in butter with just salt and pep little garlic powder and a little parmesan or Romano cheese to finish it. Yum! Make a bunch! I use it in omelets and on salads as a topping to add some flavor and maybe skip the dressing! Good choice!
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    I thought this news article was pretty surprising. I knew that sugary drinks were bad for you but I had no idea how bad. Incidentally, the doctor being interviewed is my Dad's cardiologist. He just loves her....and he dislikes most doctors. https://wbtv.com/2019/06/14/that-has-give-you-pause-charlotte-cardiologist-harvard-study-linking-sugary-drinks-an-early-death/

I love how they say there's a link between sugary drinks and increased risk of death, they leave out the part from heart disease, probably because of all the years that the American Heart Association said to eat more carb (grains) (aka sugar) which does NOT improve heart health. I also love how they're also saying sugary drinks, it's sugar in general...but sugary drinks do tend to be worse because you drink them quicker and don't get full signals like you might if you ate sugar instead, although that's also another issue since sugar is so addicting, you may eat just as much of it anyway...I'll stop ranting...

Here's the Harvard study info if anyone's interested.
    https://www.health.harvard.edu/heart-health/the-sweet-danger-of-sugar

Sorry, didn't mean to cause a stir. The medical community hasn't always been perfect, but there are some great doctors and she is one of them.

So to clarify, I'm not bothered by her, she's absolutely right! And good for her to share the information!

What really bothers me medical community in general, and I guess that's partially correct, the food industry and medical community. It really bothers me that they can't just admit that they were wrong and start telling people the right things, they're just starting to stop mentioning grains in their recommendations now instead of telling people WHAT to eat! Like you think that we'd actually want to start reversing the current health crisis and get the information out, but nope, we're just going to tell people things slowly like, drink less soda, etc. I think 10 years from now we will see things like don't eat processed foods and such, which is basically diets like a ketogenic diet or whole 30 or paleo, etc....but we shall see. (and well you can eat processed crap on those if you try hard enough but the idea behind those diets is to limit processed foods)

And nope, that was good information and the Doctor is right! No reason to be sorry!

Thanks for the clarification.

I can understand why this type of information is released slowly though. If you tell people they can't have soft drinks, bread, pasta, frozen dinners, cheese, cereal, etc. then a lot of people would say "forget it" to all of it.
    I'm really a big believer in a balanced diet of lean protein, carbs, fat, and fiber. That's just my personal belief and its what I follow. I know I eat too much processed food. I don't eat nearly as much as I did before but its still a weakness. That's one of my future goals.

@CindyJNC1963 I always say there's more than one way to have a healthy diet, and balance is great for a lot of people, having a balanced approach to protein, carbs and healthy fat is a great way to go, just didn't work for me and one of the reasons I advocate for finding what works for your body and you're doing an AMAZING job with your approach. It works for you and that's what matters! You are fueling your body properly and it's rewarding you with weight loss and improved mobility, which is really what is important. Great job for finding what you need to do for you. I chose a different path for myself because I tried that way, for a long time and wasn't seeing results, probably like 6 months or so before I finally decided to take the plunge and head down the keto path, which has really worked for me and really continues to work for me, and that is while I'll likely continue even after I've reached my goals.
    So the bottom line is we all need to find what works for us as we are all bio-individual and that's just the way it is.
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Saturday

Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise yes walking 10min
    Water 204oz
    Goals/comments
    Overdid it on the water today as I had a migraine all day but finally made it to 200oz yay and then was a frequent flyer but I got a lot of steps in yesterday

STILL STAYING POSITIVE DESPITE. . .
  • CindyJNC1963
    Options
    I thought this news article was pretty surprising. I knew that sugary drinks were bad for you but I had no idea how bad. Incidentally, the doctor being interviewed is my Dad's cardiologist. He just loves her....and he dislikes most doctors. https://wbtv.com/2019/06/14/that-has-give-you-pause-charlotte-cardiologist-harvard-study-linking-sugary-drinks-an-early-death/

I love how they say there's a link between sugary drinks and increased risk of death, they leave out the part from heart disease, probably because of all the years that the American Heart Association said to eat more carb (grains) (aka sugar) which does NOT improve heart health. I also love how they're also saying sugary drinks, it's sugar in general...but sugary drinks do tend to be worse because you drink them quicker and don't get full signals like you might if you ate sugar instead, although that's also another issue since sugar is so addicting, you may eat just as much of it anyway...I'll stop ranting...

Here's the Harvard study info if anyone's interested.
    https://www.health.harvard.edu/heart-health/the-sweet-danger-of-sugar

Sorry, didn't mean to cause a stir. The medical community hasn't always been perfect, but there are some great doctors and she is one of them.

So to clarify, I'm not bothered by her, she's absolutely right! And good for her to share the information!

What really bothers me medical community in general, and I guess that's partially correct, the food industry and medical community. It really bothers me that they can't just admit that they were wrong and start telling people the right things, they're just starting to stop mentioning grains in their recommendations now instead of telling people WHAT to eat! Like you think that we'd actually want to start reversing the current health crisis and get the information out, but nope, we're just going to tell people things slowly like, drink less soda, etc. I think 10 years from now we will see things like don't eat processed foods and such, which is basically diets like a ketogenic diet or whole 30 or paleo, etc....but we shall see. (and well you can eat processed crap on those if you try hard enough but the idea behind those diets is to limit processed foods)

And nope, that was good information and the Doctor is right! No reason to be sorry!

Thanks for the clarification.

I can understand why this type of information is released slowly though. If you tell people they can't have soft drinks, bread, pasta, frozen dinners, cheese, cereal, etc. then a lot of people would say "forget it" to all of it.
    I'm really a big believer in a balanced diet of lean protein, carbs, fat, and fiber. That's just my personal belief and its what I follow. I know I eat too much processed food. I don't eat nearly as much as I did before but its still a weakness. That's one of my future goals.

@CindyJNC1963 I always say there's more than one way to have a healthy diet, and balance is great for a lot of people, having a balanced approach to protein, carbs and healthy fat is a great way to go, just didn't work for me and one of the reasons I advocate for finding what works for your body and you're doing an AMAZING job with your approach. It works for you and that's what matters! You are fueling your body properly and it's rewarding you with weight loss and improved mobility, which is really what is important. Great job for finding what you need to do for you. I chose a different path for myself because I tried that way, for a long time and wasn't seeing results, probably like 6 months or so before I finally decided to take the plunge and head down the keto path, which has really worked for me and really continues to work for me, and that is while I'll likely continue even after I've reached my goals.
    So the bottom line is we all need to find what works for us as we are all bio-individual and that's just the way it is.

Yep, that's why I said it's my personal belief. I just personally would be afraid of the long term effects of giving up healthy foods like fruits and veggies permanently. Again I'm not saying this is how everyone should feel. Heaven knows I have a LOT to work on with myself.... so far be it from me to be critical of anyone else (though I know I sound like it sometimes).

You have done an amazing job yourself!!! Losing 100 lbs is incredible and those weightlifting videos are awesome!!!
  • CindyJNC1963
    Options
    batgirl140 wrote: »

@CindyJNC1963 zucchini and squash are a fav! Sautéed in butter with just salt and pep little garlic powder and a little parmesan or Romano cheese to finish it. Yum! Make a bunch! I use it in omelets and on salads as a topping to add some flavor and maybe skip the dressing! Good choice!

Mine too. Those two and green beans are my favorite veggies.
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,308 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Sunday, June 16th
    Username: SLIMn2016

✅ Track: Yes
    ✅ Calories: Yes, under
    ✅ Exercise: No, rest day
    ✅ Water: 145.8oz. +

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!
    ❤️
  • lsjhudson
    lsjhudson Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    💥 Daily Post: Sunday, 16th June💥

Track: no
    Calories: over
    ✅Exercise: 40 min walk (wasn't wearing my smart watch so wasn't recorded...but this was done between 3 and 4am this morning!! Post party walk home at a nice brisk pace as it was soooooo cold!!)

Comments: I missed posting yesterday as was out allll night at my kid's school PTA summer party. Am completely knackered today as didn't crawl into bed until 4am (don't think I've done that since college 😂). My body has been craving carbs and it's father's day so I didn't spare a chance at the pub for the meal that was planned months ago. I will likely deserve and earn a gain in the weigh in tomorrow morning, but it's obvious how much more crummy I feel by neglecting my nutrition, so it's great impetus to get back to it first thing in the morning. Hope you've all had lovely weekends x
  • lsjhudson
    Options
    AB0215
    May Week 2
    Saturday
    PW: 143.0 lbs
    CW: 141.0 lbs

I actually did this yesterday, but this marks 100 lbs gone. I can't believe it, still doesn't feel real. And on a side note, I'm heading out to the parade for the STL Blues this morning and I'm sporting my blue SMALL tshirt! Never thought that was a reality either.

Keep working hard, this is 3 years in the making for me, but I am almost there! It takes time, but we CAN do it!

This is BLOODY AMAZING!! Well done you brave, strong woman! 💥
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    6.16 Daily Check IN (Sun) 💃🤸‍♀️💃
    Track: Yes✔️
    Calories: Yes ✔️ I will be for the day.
    Exercise: Four mile hike 🥾

Comments: I am making homemade 🍆 Eggplant Parmesan tonight. 🤗🌸💃🔥
    Happy Dads day! 👍❤️👍❤️
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    ⭐️Daily Post: Sunday 16 June

Exercise: 50 mins of walking today
    💬Comments: Not feeling too hopeful about my weigh-in tomorrow. I had wholewheat noodles with my dinner yesterday and ended up so bloated...I think I should avoid noodles/pasta altogether 🤔 Let’s see what tomorrow brings 🤞🏻
  • CindyJNC1963
    Options
    Daily Post: June 916th

Exercise: 6,300 steps (rest day)
  • lsjhudson
    Options
    P.s. I'm really sorry to let the team down x
  • Gadgetgirl259
    Gadgetgirl259 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Sunday 6/16

Steps: 12,054
    Exercise: 2 mile treadmill run, 1.5 mile dog walk, 15 mins Intensity Interval Training.

Worried about the weigh in tomorrow. My weight has been bouncing around one to two pounds either direction. It may be a gain this week. :s
  • o0kody0o
    Options
    ⭐️Weekly weigh-in: Monday

👧Username: o0kody0o
    🗓Week: June week 3
    👣PW: 148
    👣CW: 147.9

I’m alright with this tiny loss considering what I’ve eaten this week. As long as the numbers are going down, no matter how small a loss, it’s all good!
  • o0kody0o
    Options
    @lsjhudson Sorry to hear you didn’t get the results you were hoping for today. We’ve all been there, and it really is disappointing. It’s possibly a combination of not tracking for those 2 days and as you mentioned, your IBS. I normally log my meals the night before so I know exactly what I’ll be eating and it ensures I don’t go over my calorie allowance. You could maybe try that?

I know you feel like giving up but please don’t. Keep in mind the reasons you started this. This weight loss thing takes time and every one of us has had weeks where we have gained, so you’re not alone. Make sure that you’re consistent with your tracking.

I think I can speak for all of us in saying that you have not let the team down. Some weeks we lose, some weeks we might gain but we’re all in this together and we’re here to support each other 🤗
This discussion has been closed.