Replies

• gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    lsjhudson wrote: »
    Daily post (01/06)

Track: Yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: no...although I did spend 6 hours tidying and cleaning so I imagine that counts if unintentional!
    Goals/Day/Comments: a good day! I'm still in my first week of adjusting my calorie intake so I'm definitely hungry. This historically has panicked me but I'm working through it. I'm making a concerted effort to drink the water I need (Ive never really done this before) and I'm really proud of myself for sticking with it! I have to use the loo alllllllll the time (😂) but I'm definitely feeling better for it!

It'll get easier Laura, yes increasing your water intake is very important on this new journey. For me the main thing is having a low carb drink on hand for when you stop eating for the day it calm those cravings at the end of the day. So I make a herbal ice tea with ¼ cup lemon juice and ½ cup of honey per 1 gallon.
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Omg omg.
    I need to share. Im under 50lbs over weight today.
    49 more lbs to go. 😯😯😯💃💃

As you can see im excited.

So excited for you CONGRATULATIONS 🎊🎊🎉🎉
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    eamitch88 wrote: »
    Daily Post (Sunday June 2nd)

Calories: Yes - slightly under
    Exercise: Yes - walking 2 miles
    Goals/Day/Comments: I was not feeling well yesterday, but I still went for a walk. :)

Awesome perseverance 👏🏾👏🏾💪🏽💪🏽
  • lsjhudson
    lsjhudson Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    Daily Post Sunday
    Starting weight for June is 461.2lbs

Lost only 7lbs last month but still proud of my progress hoping to lose 10lbs this month.

Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise no way too sore for bowling could barely walk was in bed all day
    Water yes 1980z

Daily Post Monday
    Track yes
    Calories yes under meals already planned
    Exercise may try the Total Fit Gym for 15-20mins (need to be careful because of my back still hurting so I have to feel it out)
    Water 190oz

Goals/comments I only ate 2 meals today cause I was in too much pain from bowling on Saturday but they were nutritionist meals so not really too concern. I know I overdid it in bowling so I have go slower when I go next time cause it's been 2 days still moving real slow, made it out of the ed today but laying on the couch with my back massager.

STILL PRESSING MY WAY DESPITE THE PAIN AND STAY POSITIVE NO MATTER WHAT IS THE KEY!

as six months ago I would not be doing so much so I am happy of my progress and yes proud of sistergirl (me😍👌🏾) right now, as she's not let anything get her down.

P.S. Sorry I haven't responded in the last couple days but this pain had me laid out I had to use 2 canes just to get up

Well done for not letting the pain deter you from carrying on! X
  • aadubb
    aadubb Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    @aadubb I fast every single day 18-24 hours and sometimes longer, as long as 48 hours, and I lift weights fasted with no issues, actually I prefer to do it that way, my mental clarity is better! I'd be interested in seeing how you like it overall..

@AB0215 The fast went well I think. Not sure if I was too lose weight but the scale didn't budge too much. I suppose the internal benefits of fasting will have to be enough. I struggle with weekend snacking so fasting on weekends might have to be the new thing because when I don't start to eat I'm just fine. I was burning ketones so that was good and I don't feel like gorging now so that's good. I really wasn't hungry at all. My belly was making noise but other than that nothing major happened. I ran 7k yesterday and went to the gym this morning, so my activity wasn't hindered at all. So overall good experience!
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    ⭐️Daily Post: Monday 3 June

Calories: Under
    Exercise: Walking & 15 mins on exercise bike 🚲
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    o0kody0o wrote: »
    Hey team 👋🏻

Just wondering if anyone has any tips on breaking through a plateau? For the past 10 days or so, my weight has been bouncing between 149.4 and 149.5...I feel like I’m in that film Groundhog Day 😆 If anyone has any tips or advice on how to get things moving again it would be much appreciated!

Thanks 🥰

Avril, sometimes you have to shake things up to break your plateau. That means eating more or less and changing up your exercise routine may do the trick. Hope this helps.

When I did Jenny Craig many years ago they used to put us on what they called the "break point" plan if we reached a plateau. It is basically a week of eating low calories one day and high calories the next day. If you typically eat 1200 calories a day you would eat 800 calories one day and 1600 calories the next on the break point menu. It was miserable but it usually worked.
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,300 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Monday, June 3rd
    Username: SLIMn2016

✅ Track: Yes
    ✅ Calories: Yes, under
    ✅ Exercise: Yes, Stair Climber & Spinning Class
    ✅ Water: 209.8 oz.
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,777 Member
    Options
    aadubb wrote: »
    Weekly weigh-in: Monday
    Username@aadubb
    Week: June Week 1
    SW: 172.6
    PW: 161.5
    CW: 156.3

Comments:
    Looking forward to the week and what the scale brings. Hoping to end the week with a 2 to 3 pound loss. Need to stop the over-snacking, it's slowing me down. I need to stop the habitual replacement of healthier snacks like my fruits, with the starchy carbs on my allowed list. it's not good practice for lifestyle changes going forward.

great loss
  • digger61
    Options
    Calories: under
    Exercise: Yes - 30 mins hiking
    Goals today - aqua size and cleaning garage ( long term project making new storage)
  • digger61
    Options
    Daily Post Sunday

Lost only 7lbs last month but still proud of my progress hoping to lose 10lbs this month.

Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Water yes 1980z

Daily Post Monday
    Track yes
    Exercise may try the Total Fit Gym for 15-20mins (need to be careful because of my back still hurting so I have to feel it out)
    Water 190oz

Goals/comments I only ate 2 meals today cause I was in too much pain from bowling on Saturday but they were nutritionist meals so not really too concern. I know I overdid it in bowling so I have go slower when I go next time cause it's been 2 days still moving real slow, made it out of the ed today but laying on the couch with my back massager.

STILL PRESSING MY WAY DESPITE THE PAIN AND STAY POSITIVE NO MATTER WHAT IS THE KEY!

as six months ago I would not be doing so much so I am happy of my progress and yes proud of sistergirl (me😍👌🏾) right now, as she's not let anything get her down.

P.S. Sorry I haven't responded in the last couple days but this pain had me laid out I had to use 2 canes just to get up

wow 7 lbs great loss you have been working hard
  • digger61
    Options
    CindyJNC1963

June: Week #1

Original starting weight: 273

PW: 199.7
    CW: 198.7

It was a busy week last week work wise. I'm glad I was able to squeeze off another pound. I hope I never go above 200 again.

About 12 years ago (2017) I did a stupid thing and had gastric lap band surgery. I liked the idea of it because it was totally reversible, unlike the gastric bypass (the only other option at the time). What they didn't know at the time was that the thing doesn't work...it worked for about a month for me. Most clinics won't even perform that surgery now. The BIG problem is that the thing can slip or erode in your body causing major infections...resulting in the need for emergency surgery. I have a fear that this thing is starting to slip. I can barely eat heavy protein like chicken or steak now without throwing up. I barely ate about 3 oz of steak last night before I had to throw up. I couldn't even eat the vegetables I had prepared (very yummy sautéed squash, zucchini and onions). I also have really bad heartburn, which is another symptom. It's not really bad yet, but I so hate that I did this to myself so many years ago. I also have this fear that maybe that thing is maybe helping me in some way to lose weight....although my doctor assured me that it is not......that what I am doing now is all me. Just my normal fears and worries I guess.

Goals this month:

1. Lose 7 lbs
    2. Continue to average walking 10,000 steps a day

great goals
  • digger61
    Options
    June week 1
    Monday weigh in
    angiequinby
    Starting weight 254.4
    Current 253
    Weekly weigh in:

June week 1
    Monday weigh in
    Cydneebauman
    PW: 188.2
    CW: 185.2

great losses
  • lsjhudson
    lsjhudson Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Monday, 3 June

Calories: a bit over
    Exercise: Yes - 30 min walk
    Goals/Day/Comments: went over on calories today..Monday is date night for me and The Husband and I decided it was OK to choose to have a glass of wine 👍 not beating myself up about it, because balance.

• 2muchchocncrisps
    2muchchocncrisps Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Username: @2muchchocncrisps
    Week: June Week 1
    SW: 198.4
    CW: 197.1
    To be fair I only started seriously on 1st June so any decrease is very welcome!
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    lsjhudson wrote: »
    WEEKLY WEIGH IN (weigh day : Mondays)

Username: lsjhudson
    Week: June week 1
    PW = 233
    CW= 227

Loss this week: 6lb
    Nice loss
    o0kody0o wrote: »
    Weekly weight-in: Monday

Username: o0kody0o
    PW: 149.5
    CW: 150.6

Uh oh ☹️ I had a feeling I would have gained this week due to eating some things I don’t usually eat and TOM. That’s my first gain since I started! Let’s hope next week is better 🙂
    Only 1.1. You’ll have this off in no time.
    Weekly weigh in:

June week 1
    Monday weigh in
    Cydneebauman
    PW: 188.2
    CW: 185.2
    June week 1
    Monday weigh in
    angiequinby
    Starting weight 254.4
    Current 253
    aadubb wrote: »
    Username@aadubb
    Week: June Week 1
    SW: 172.6
    PW: 161.5
    CW: 156.3

Comments:
    Looking forward to the week and what the scale brings. Hoping to end the week with a 2 to 3 pound loss. Need to stop the over-snacking, it's slowing me down. I need to stop the habitual replacement of healthier snacks like my fruits, with the starchy carbs on my allowed list. it's not good practice for lifestyle changes going forward.
    Skkayy wrote: »
    Username: skkayy
    PW = 176.6
    CW= 173
    Nice losses!!!
    CindyJNC1963

June: Week #1

Original starting weight: 273

PW: 199.7
    CW: 198.7

It was a busy week last week work wise. I'm glad I was able to squeeze off another pound. I hope I never go above 200 again.

About 12 years ago (2017) I did a stupid thing and had gastric lap band surgery. I liked the idea of it because it was totally reversible, unlike the gastric bypass (the only other option at the time). What they didn't know at the time was that the thing doesn't work...it worked for about a month for me. Most clinics won't even perform that surgery now. The BIG problem is that the thing can slip or erode in your body causing major infections...resulting in the need for emergency surgery. I have a fear that this thing is starting to slip. I can barely eat heavy protein like chicken or steak now without throwing up. I barely ate about 3 oz of steak last night before I had to throw up. I couldn't even eat the vegetables I had prepared (very yummy sautéed squash, zucchini and onions). I also have really bad heartburn, which is another symptom. It's not really bad yet, but I so hate that I did this to myself so many years ago. I also have this fear that maybe that thing is maybe helping me in some way to lose weight....although my doctor assured me that it is not......that what I am doing now is all me. Just my normal fears and worries I guess.

Goals this month:

1. Lose 7 lbs
    2. Continue to average walking 10,000 steps a day

Prayers for you. I hope this doesn’t turn out to be too serious.
  • vicky2767
    Options
    Username: Gadgetgirl259
    June Week 1 (Monday)

PW: 175.9
    CW: 171.7

💪🏻💪🏻🏋️‍♂️🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🏋️‍♀️👏🏻👏🏻
    Username: @2muchchocncrisps
    SW: 198.4
    CW: 197.1
    To be fair I only started seriously on 1st June so any decrease is very welcome!

Nice losses.
  • vicky2767
    Options
    Daily check in
    June 3
    Tracked yes
    Calories under
    Exercise 42 min jog. 45 min walk.
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Sunday

Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Water yes 1980z

Daily Post Monday
    Track yes
    Water 190oz

7lbs is a great loss Gloria, you’re doing fantastic 👌 Hope your back gets better real soon, take it easy 🤗 💐

This discussion has been closed.