Replies

• SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    6.1.19 Daily Check IN (Saturday) πŸ‹οΈβ€β™€οΈπŸ”₯πŸ’ƒ
    Track: Yesβœ”οΈ
    Calories: Yes βœ”οΈ
    Exercise: Four mile hike. πŸ’ƒ

Comments: I am thrilled to be back on the team again! I took May off since I was on vacation.

Best to everyone!
  • lsjhudson
    lsjhudson Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Daily post (01/06)

Track: Yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: no...although I did spend 6 hours tidying and cleaning so I imagine that counts if unintentional!
    Goals/Day/Comments: a good day! I'm still in my first week of adjusting my calorie intake so I'm definitely hungry. This historically has panicked me but I'm working through it. I'm making a concerted effort to drink the water I need (Ive never really done this before) and I'm really proud of myself for sticking with it! I have to use the loo alllllllll the time (πŸ˜‚) but I'm definitely feeling better for it!
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,300 Member
    Options
    bd86bvj4nxec.pngjn5dae5fangf.png
  • Gadgetgirl259
    Gadgetgirl259 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Hi Team! My name is Amy. I am a returning member this will be starting my 4 month with Slimsons. During that time I have lost 30 lbs. I am very happy with the success I have had with Team Slimsons and hoping for continuing results.

Hoping everyone has a Fabulous June!
  • Gadgetgirl259
    Gadgetgirl259 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Saturday 6/01

Tracked: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Did some yard work. Took a break from regular exercise routine. Back at it tomorrow.
  • BEASTFIELD314
    BEASTFIELD314 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Username: BEASTFIELD314
    Weigh in Week: June, Week 1
    Weigh in Day: Sunday
    Previous Weight: 169.8
    Current Weight: 168.6
  • BEASTFIELD314
    BEASTFIELD314 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Good morning team, and Happy Sunday...

As usual, crazy weekend. Yesterday, my oldest graduated high school. And I attended a funeral for a dear friend of the family. We took my son out after his ceremony with a ton of terrible food, but it was his special day, so yes, I indulged. I am so proud of the man he is becoming.

After some discussion with my wife, she has decided she wants to work on weight loss as well. We have committed that starting tomorrow (since we still have a bunch going on today, and she stayed awake all night for "Project Graduation" and is sleeping now) that we will get up together a 6/6:30am every morning and go for a walk. Now that the kids are out of school, our hope is that we can get the walk in early enough that they will still be sleeping. I start work at 9, so that gives me time to get an hour walk and a shower before.

I really want to be out of the 160's by the end of this month's challenge.

Have a great day team!
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options

As usual, crazy weekend. Yesterday, my oldest graduated high school. And I attended a funeral for a dear friend of the family. We took my son out after his ceremony with a ton of terrible food, but it was his special day, so yes, I indulged. I am so proud of the man he is becoming.

After some discussion with my wife, she has decided she wants to work on weight loss as well. We have committed that starting tomorrow (since we still have a bunch going on today, and she stayed awake all night for "Project Graduation" and is sleeping now) that we will get up together a 6/6:30am every morning and go for a walk. Now that the kids are out of school, our hope is that we can get the walk in early enough that they will still be sleeping. I start work at 9, so that gives me time to get an hour walk and a shower before.

Have a great day team!

So nice that your wife wants to do this with you. It’s nice to have buddy to go with plus help keep you accountable. And congrats to your oldest.
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    Check in for sat June 1st
    Tracked yes
    Calories over
    Exercise rest day
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,777 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: Β»
    Phew, registrations week is hard for me, so sorry, been playing a bit of catch up, between this being my heavy week in training and registrations and my sick cat! Sleep deprived and running out of hours in the day, BRING ON JUNE!! The challenge officially kicks off this Sunday, feel free to get a head start and start getting into your healthy routines now!! I just stated a new eating plan today as I decided it's insane to think that I can keep doing the same thing and expecting a different result, so here's to making the change necessary to finish the job!!

Daily Post (Friday)

Calories: Yes, new eating plan, tracking a different way, but still tracking.
    Exercise: Yes, 15 mins elliptical, 75 mins walking, 70 mins weight training--Snatch (these weren't great today), Clean + Split Jerk---these were amazing---hit a new pr, super excited about that, and Back squats, all VERY heavy!

Comments: Making a diet change today, decided it's insane to keep doing the same thing and expecting a different result....so we shall see where that goes, so far it seems to be helping already, knock on wood.

wow you had a very busy week. Thank you for all your surport and taking the time for this team. You are doing great
  • lsjhudson
    lsjhudson Posts: 181 Member
    Options

Have a great day team!

So sorry to hear of your loss...clearly these times need more of our energy and so our health can naturally take a backseat. It's more important that afterwards you can just get back on it. It sounds like you have a good, solid plan, and it's soooooo much easier to stay with it when you have support in your partner! Good luck for your first walk tomorrow morning πŸ‘

And many congratulations to your son!!
  • digger61
    Options
    Hi, everyone!
    I am happy to be a part of this group and am looking forward to the accountability.

I live in Nashville, married to an old hippie, 3 grown children, and 3 lovely grandkids.

I have been losing and gaining weight for the past 25 years, but was on a slow and steady loss until last year.

I gained over 50 lbs last year and am now hovering at 255. My husband had a rough year dealing with kidney and spleen cancer, sepsis, and 3 emergency surgeries plus one planned surgery in less than 9 months. I ate a lot ( A LOT) of junk and fast food and got almost no exercise- I worked and went to the hospital, picking up drive thru food. We won't talk about the stress eating. Things are calmer now, so need to refocus on myself.

I am having a hard time getting motivated and staying on track but am trying. I am attempting to do a combination of Mayo Clinic and DASH diet to address some health issues, and looking for an exercise routine I can stick to.

My goal for June is to commit to eating healthier by meal planning and prep, and walking a minimum of 15,000 steps each day. Weight loss- shooting for 12 lbs.

wow great goals. I understand where you are now I also had a rough year. I found out I had liver cancer after I had a hip replacement in March 2018. I was lucky so far and had surgery to remove part of my liver. I went up to 280 lbs in sept of 2018. Watching my diet swimming and walking i am at 226 now. You can do this and if i can help let me know
  • digger61
    Options
    HAPPY SATURDAY TEAM SLIMSONS

Praise'm Praise'm so trying something new to add more calories to my diet since I'm only averaging out 700 calories most days. As per my nutritionist via email since my insurance doesn't want to pay, at least until I get a medical of necessity letter from my doctor.

2 whole wheat toast 1 cup of frozen strawberries with 2 scrambled eggs with spinach and ground chia seeds. Ummm look delish

6hvgsygjpome.jpg

THEN GOING BOWLING FOR 2 HOURS but really on 45mins to and hour as I take a break between each frame. Gotta bowl smart being disabled and all.

Have a blessed and productive day
    -Glorious Gloria

Have fun bowlingand your meal looks great
  • digger61
    Options
    Daily Post (Saturday)
    Calories: under
    Exercise: yard work aqua size
    todays goals going to church, a walk and maybe a bike ride
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    Options
    Omg omg.
    I need to share. Im under 50lbs over weight today.
    49 more lbs to go. πŸ˜―πŸ˜―πŸ˜―πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒ

As you can see im excited.

YAY!!!!πŸ€Έβ€β™€οΈπŸŽ‰πŸ’«πŸ™ŒπŸ‘ŠπŸŽŠ So happy for you!! Keep going!!
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    Options

Daily Post: Sunday, June 2nd
    Username: SLIMn2016

βœ… Track: Yes
    βœ… Calories: Yes, under
    βœ… Exercise: Yes, Strength training class & Zumba
    βœ… Water: 181.8 oz. +

πŸ—£Comments/Goals: I've been using the Happy Scale App and wow---my weight fluctuations have been as much as 10lbs!!! 😲😳Today I was up 4lbs from yesterday.... it's very enlightening. My weight has been up even though I am staying within my calories, bc I stopped intermittent fasting and I have been eating more carbs (not watching my macros). I need to focus on getting back on an IF schedule and watch my food choicesβ€”my daily exercise and water are in check at least.
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Omg omg.
    I need to share. Im under 50lbs over weight today.
    49 more lbs to go. πŸ˜―πŸ˜―πŸ˜―πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒ

As you can see im excited.

Yessss, you can do this β˜ΊοΈπŸ‘

• aadubb
    aadubb Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi all! πŸ‘‹πŸ˜Š My name is Nancy...

I'm rejoining the SLIMSONS again, again and.... oh here I am again for June (I've been here forevaaaah). I didn't make my goal weight in May, but I did reach some goals in my workout regimen and I feel great--NSVs are important to tote!. πŸ’ͺπŸ»πŸ˜…πŸ’¦

This a wonderful, motivational, inspiring and supportive team of peeps!

A little about me...
    Started my journey in January 2015 at 240lbs.(I'm 5' 8"). I lost 80 lbs. in 10 months (January-October 2015) and then reached my goal weight by June of 2016, a total of 90 lbs. after I joined the gym and starting group x/spinning classes.

I had regained a bit in 2017-2018 after being sidelined by grief (loss of my Mother) & injury (my back September 2017 and leg in February of 2018). Finally able to get back to the gym after 10 painful months of recovery last August. And I've lost 25lbs with this awesome group!

Goals for June:

πŸ”Ή Lose 3 lbs.
    πŸ”Ή Continue with my IF plan this month
    πŸ”Ή Drink at least 150 oz. water each day
    πŸ”Ή Keep my workouts -- add a split day session for summer and more stretching and rest when needed to prevent injury
    πŸ”Ή Lower carbs to 100g or less on weight training days and 50g or less on cardio days
    πŸ”ΉWeigh daily with HAPPY SCALE APP

WE GOT THIS JUNE MY FRIENDS!πŸ€˜πŸ»πŸ˜‰πŸ’« GOoooooO SLIMSONS!πŸ’ͺπŸ»πŸ˜…πŸ’¦

What Intermittent fasting plan are you following? Are you a person doing OMAD/TMAD?
    Just started with IF last week and hoping to do it until the end of this month or until I get to my goal weight, whichever comes first. I'm currently doing a 40 hour fast with 19 more hours to go!
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    🌞Daily Post: Sunday 2 June

βœ…Track: Yes
    βœ…Calories: Under
    βœ…Exercise: 3 sets of 10 with dumbbells & 30 mins on exercise bike
This discussion has been closed.