TEAM: The Slimsons (June)

Replies

• Veeedot
    Veeedot Posts: 122 Member
    hi team!
    I'm vee! im glad to be on the slimsons team :D I was on here a few years ago but sadly I have since gained the weight lost and some :'(
    I am 29 and want to go into my 30s fitter. I am a mum of three that has always made excuses and now i am at my heaviest! so i have decided to make time to exercise and no more excuses! i havent always been overweight i grew up boxing and was very athletic but when i had kids my weight began to escalate!
    lets smash our goals!!
    sw 215
    cw 215
    gw 140

• 2muchchocncrisps
    2muchchocncrisps Posts: 176 Member
    Hello Slimsons! A newbie to this group but pleased to be here. Familiar story - lost the weight with great support from mfp about 5 years ago then gradually put it all back on. My knees are now complaining and I’ve now got high cholesterol so I need to lose that weight. I know it’s not going to be easy but let’s do this !!!!
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,300 Member
    edited May 2019
    Hi all! 👋😊 My name is Nancy...

I'm rejoining the SLIMSONS again, again and.... oh here I am again for June (I've been here forevaaaah). I didn't make my goal weight in May, but I did reach some goals in my workout regimen and I feel great--NSVs are important to tote!. 💪🏻😅💦

This a wonderful, motivational, inspiring and supportive team of peeps!

A little about me...
    Started my journey in January 2015 at 240lbs.(I'm 5' 8"). I lost 80 lbs. in 10 months (January-October 2015) and then reached my goal weight by June of 2016, a total of 90 lbs. after I joined the gym and starting group x/spinning classes.

I had regained a bit in 2017-2018 after being sidelined by grief (loss of my Mother) & injury (my back September 2017 and leg in February of 2018). Finally able to get back to the gym after 10 painful months of recovery last August. And I've lost 25lbs with this awesome group!

Goals for June:

🔹 Lose 3 lbs.
    🔹 Continue with my IF plan this month
    🔹 Drink at least 150 oz. water each day
    🔹 Keep my workouts -- add a split day session for summer and more stretching and rest when needed to prevent injury
    🔹 Lower carbs to 100g or less on weight training days and 50g or less on cardio days
    🔹Weigh daily with HAPPY SCALE APP

WE GOT THIS JUNE MY FRIENDS!🤘🏻😉💫 GOoooooO SLIMSONS!💪🏻😅💦

• eromligyppah
    eromligyppah Posts: 112 Member
    Good morning team. My name is Bill and I'm a newbie to the team. I've been almost 300 lbs and down to 172 lbs. Right now I hover around 200 and I'm sick of it. I'm hoping a bit more accountability will help me break through the plateau I'm on and maybe see my abs for the first time ever. I would be well on my way if I could be in the 180's by the end of the month.
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Good morning team. My name is Bill and I'm a newbie to the team. I've been almost 300 lbs and down to 172 lbs. Right now I hover around 200 and I'm sick of it. I'm hoping a bit more accountability will help me break through the plateau I'm on and maybe see my abs for the first time ever. I would be well on my way if I could be in the 180's by the end of the month.

Welcome Bill to Team SLIMSONS to will surely gain accountability and be motivated throughout this month in this group.
    SLIMn2016 wrote: »
    Hi all! 👋😊 My name is Nancy...

I'm rejoining the SLIMSONS again, again and.... oh here I am again for June (I've been here forevaaaah). I didn't make my goal weight in May, but I did reach some goals in my workout regimen and I feel great--NSVs are important to tote!. 💪🏻😅💦

This a wonderful, motivational, inspiring and supportive team of peeps!

A little about me...
    Started my journey in January 2015 at 240lbs.(I'm 5' 8"). I lost 80 lbs. in 10 months (January-October 2015) and then reached my goal weight by June of 2016, a total of 90 lbs. after I joined the gym and starting group x/spinning classes.

I had regained a bit in 2017-2018 after being sidelined by grief (loss of my Mother) & injury (my back September 2017 and leg in February of 2018). Finally able to get back to the gym after 10 painful months of recovery last August. And I've lost 25lbs with this awesome group!

Goals for June:

🔹 Lose 3 lbs.
    🔹 Continue with my IF plan this month
    🔹 Drink at least 150 oz. water each day
    🔹 Keep my workouts -- add a split day session for summer and more stretching and rest when needed to prevent injury
    🔹 Lower carbs to 100g or less on weight training days and 50g or less on cardio days
    🔹Weigh daily with HAPPY SCALE APP

WE GOT THIS JUNE MY FRIENDS!🤘🏻😉💫 GOoooooO SLIMSONS!💪🏻😅💦

Welcome back Nancy YOU'RE RIGHT WE GOT THIS and I continue to love your motivation and inspiration to not only yourself but to others as well. I know you're going to succeed in all your goals on thus journey. 👌🏾😍👍🏾
    Hello Slimsons! A newbie to this group but pleased to be here. Familiar story - lost the weight with great support from mfp about 5 years ago then gradually put it all back on. My knees are now complaining and I’ve now got high cholesterol so I need to lose that weight. I know it’s not going to be easy but let’s do this !!!!

No it won't be easy but with this group inspiring motivating you along you will have no choice but to succeed in your goals.

Veeedot wrote: »
    hi team!
    I'm vee! im glad to be on the slimsons team :D I was on here a few years ago but sadly I have since gained the weight lost and some :'(
    I am 29 and want to go into my 30s fitter. I am a mum of three that has always made excuses and now i am at my heaviest! so i have decided to make time to exercise and no more excuses! i havent always been overweight i grew up boxing and was very athletic but when i had kids my weight began to escalate!
    lets smash our goals!!
    sw 215
    cw 215
    gw 140

Welcome back Vee I remembered you when I first joined. Don't stress about the weight gain to mo much as long as you're catching yourself now and striving to make changes you'll get back on track real soon.😍😍😍
  • gjaholy33
    vicky2767 wrote: »
    Hi Team! Glad to be back. Been on the slimsons since Jan. What a great bunch of people here. Very positive and supportive.
    I’m 44 married with 2 teenage boys. Love to go running and I am fairly consistent with my exercise, but my eating habits are not great. Have been borderline high cholesterol for the past 8 or 9 years but thankfully my dr has not prescribed meds yet. Been trying (but struggling) with learning how to pay more attention to my macros and not just CICO.
    Good luck to all the new and returning members. Look forward to June with all of you.

Welcome back, glad to see you're staying committed to your goals and positive as well. Macros are extremely important and I am trying to do the same.
  • gjaholy33
    mltobia316 wrote: »
    Hi! I’m Michelle and live in the Nashville area. Just turned 50 and have been overweight most of my adult life. I’m 5’7 and weigh 250.8 today down about 2 lbs since last week. This is the most I’ve ever weighed. I’ve dieted ALOT in my lifetime but ALWAYS gain it back along with about 10 extra pounds. I’ve tried every kind of diet and can’t stick with anything that restricts what I can eat so I’m working to control portions and cut back on carbs without giving them up completely. I’ve done intermittent fasting in the past and was most successful with this. So I’m trying to start that again. Really need some accountability. Looking forward to being a part of this group! Feel free to add me as a friend!

Welcome Michelle to Team SLIMSONS, I've been in the exact same situation as you and that's why for the last 3 months I've been all about portion control and cutting down not eliminating carbs.

You'll definitely be inspired and motivated in this group and you'll soon be posting how much pounds and inches you've successfully loss. I have faith in your success.
  • gjaholy33
    lesockie wrote: »
    Hi all!

I've been here once before and am back. I'm 5'-8", female, and currently 178.2 lbs. I'm hoping to drop to 160 and then reevaluate. I posted starting pics and weight yesterday on my status update. I would love some new friends to help me stay motivated this time!

Welcome back, I'm sure you will be soooo motivated and lose those 5lbs in no time at all!
  • gjaholy33
    Hello Slimsons!!!

I started in April with this group but ended up falling off. I am going to start again. I have started a new job that forces me into walking more, (i now park 4 blocks away and to go to any meetings i must go up 3 flights of stairs and walk 2 blocks). My boyfriend now doesn't get off work for at least an hour and a half after me, so hopefully this will allow for me to go to the gym, get groceries and cook more at home. So far we have been cooking more at home.

Goals for June:

10 lbs
    100 oz of water a day
    log food even if it is over goal

Welcime back to Team SLIMSONS,
    and Congrats on your new job. Cooking at home is always best when on this journey.
    Also Excellent goals set for this month. ROOTING FOR YOUR SUCCESS! 😍👌🏾
  • gjaholy33
    DeshotelK wrote: »
    Hello Slimsons! My name is Kristy. I'm a 40 yr old mom of two teenagers, 15 yo son and 13 yo daughter. Married for 19 years. I'm from southeast Louisiana where the most incredible food is life. Everything revolves around food in these parts.

This will be my third month with the Slimsons and it's just the best group of supportive people. I had a rough May and contemplated quitting. Thanks to the support system here, I'm back again. Hoping that even with all of the chaos that seems constant in my life I'll be able to work towards a healthier me. It may be slow, but I'm not giving up.

My goal for June is simple: to track all of my food and get in exercise when I can. I'm not setting a weight goal. Quite frankly, I have way too much stress right now to constantly worry about if I'm losing enough to meet that goal. I'll be happy with any loss of weight at all this month no matter how small.

Welcome back Kristy, glad to see you're STAYING with us another month. I know it can be crazy and sometimes you just have to go with the flow. So I say you have the right mindset for this month and I AM ROOTING FOR YOUR CONTINUE SUCCESS! 😍👌🏾👌🏾👍🏾
  • gjaholy33
    lsjhudson wrote: »
    Hello! Happy to be added for the first time! You guys sound like a lovely team 👍

My name is Laura, I'm 37 and based in the UK (although I lived in New York from age 8-21).

I didn't really struggle with my weight (although I was a little too squishy here and there as I was growing up I didn't notice or have any issues with it at the time) until I stopped swimming. I swam competitively for my high school and college and went from training 3 hrs a day, 6 days a week to absolutely nothing once I graduated. So I could eat whatever I wanted when I was training and I never learned how to properly nourish myself. Needless to say I gained weight very easily, and having never had to manage it before I got into bad behaviours about how to lose it.

It's like once you get into a diet mindset you lose all sense of your hunger cues and get into a habit of depriving yourself and over indulging in cycles.

I finally hit my low point after having my son in 2011 and joined Slimming World. It worked, and I even ran my own group for a couple of years after I had my daughter in 2014, but then I was diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis (AS) and Degenerative Disc Disease (DDD) as well as early onset osteoarthritis in my spine and knees. That was age 34. I was already in a great deal of pain and the rhuematologist who first saw me basically instructed me to lose more weight. At that point I was happy..I had lost nearly 5 stone (nearly 70lb) and was sitting comfortably at the top of acceptable bmi. It threw me for six and long story short, I self sabotaged. And over the course of the last 2.5 yrs I've put back on nearly everything through yo-yoing.

I'm now more interested in learning what foods help my body more, what keeps me full. Also what do I WANT to eat and how do I fit that within portion sizes that are meant for me. I'm hoping MFP will help me with that.

My biggest excuse will always be my pain. And because I'm an emotional eater I will eat to cover the pain and of course as soon as I think I've failed I'll punish myself with food again.

Daily accountability will help me to remember what I'm here to do. Not to please a rhuematologist that doesn't know me, but to ease this pain and be there for my kids.

Thanks for reading if you got to the end of my magnificent ramble!!

That being said, I start at 233lb (5ft 11) and my goal for June is lose 7lb!

Welcome Laura to Team Slimsons.

I know all about being an emotional eater and pain. As I myself have been disabled the pass 4 years and with the passing of three family members including my dad last year I got totally out of control my weight shot up to 535lbs. But with determination and coming back to this group to be held accountable, inspired and motivated I am now down to 461lbs so I say all that to say YOU'RE NOT ALONE!👭👫 WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER to help one another. So you're in the right place and I have faith that if you continue to make small changes it will lead to big changes and YOU WILL SUCCEED IN ALL YOUR GOALS ON THIS JOURNEY!😀😀👌🏾👍🏾
  • gjaholy33
    Hello, my Name is Michelle.
    Glad to join the team.

Was at a quite ideal weight two years before when I was constantly participating in a rowing team and following their intensive training. The reason of gaining so much weight is that I started to eat more foods during the training. It's not a big deal when I had quite an intensive training. Was unluckily hurt my arm and was afterwards on the road to recovery. During the period, I keep consuming lots of foods without any trainings.

One year ago, I joined Thaiboxing for one month. The training was stopped because of my internship and study abroad.

What triggered me to lose my weight is my trip to Morocco. It was an interesting trip. Lost my weight due to the plain food style though. And I started to eat incredibly large amount of snacks after the trip and gained so much weight again.

I am hoping to take the advantage of studying abroad and join some leisure sports during the weeks. My meal is quite simple now, just trying to follow the high-protein meal. I succeed to keep my carbohydrate consumtion low. But is still struggling to consume more protein. So hard because I cannot eat a lot in a meal. But can only have three meal in a day due to my work and training time. Will try to change and distribute the nutrition evenly.

Let's set my Goal of June is 145lb.

One Problem is with my weighing scale, it works weirdly. I weighed myself more then three times with different scales. It turned out to be 66,6kg (147lb), 153lb, 147,8 lb and 147,2lb. But let me take the medien. Say I am now around 147,8lb. So, 2,8lb to go.

Welcome Michelle to Team SLIMSONS, it sounds like you have a lot going on and I applaud your efforts in studying and training abroad it must be difficult but trying to maintain a healthy Lifestyle is sometimes hard. I have faith that you will succeed in all your goals. As for the scale don't drive yourself crazy especially since you're abroad just weigh yourself on one scale and input that number and go from there you'll see the difference soon.
  • gjaholy33
    Hello hello team!

I'm back for my second month. May was pretty good for me with a 12.8lb loss. June I am shooting for 10lbs!

Little back story, I have not been down to my ideal weight since my Army years. 6 years in active duty, I got pregnant at the end of my enlistment, continued eating the same without the constant fitness level... and here we are. I know how to work out, I love running.... but I honestly hate working out at this size. So I am currently almost 100% just focused on my diet right now. I make sure I get my steps in, but my main goal is eating right, And it's working!

SW- 209
    CW-188
    GW-136

End of June GOAL- 178

If we are not friends already feel free to add me.

Welvome back, Congrats on your weight loss you're not far from your goal. ROOTING FOR YOU!
  • lsjhudson
    lsjhudson Posts: 181 Member
    edited May 2019
    @gjaholy33 you are so supportive! Going through all those messages and taking the time to respond to all of us xxx
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    ^^ I second this lovely comment regarding @gjaholy33 ---she rocks!!!🙌
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    ANY NEW MEMBER, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SEND ME A FRIEND REQUEST FOR SUPPORT!
    (Please put SLIMSONS in the response section so I know you're a team member)
  • Veeedot
    Veeedot Posts: 122 Member
    Welcome back Vee I remembered you when I first joined. Don't stress about the weight gain to mo much as long as you're catching yourself now and striving to make changes you'll get back on track real soon.😍😍😍
    Hi Gloria! I remember u too! 😁 inspiring as always! 👍🏻 now I know we have a good team! 👌🏻
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    SLIMn2016 wrote: »
    ANY NEW MEMBER, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SEND ME A FRIEND REQUEST FOR SUPPORT!
    (Please put SLIMSONS in the response section so I know you're a team member)

Same here! I love the support from this group! Awesome! Let’s kill it in June! 👏🔥💃❤️🤸‍♀️👍💫✨
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Phew, registrations week is hard for me, so sorry, been playing a bit of catch up, between this being my heavy week in training and registrations and my sick cat! Sleep deprived and running out of hours in the day, BRING ON JUNE!! The challenge officially kicks off this Sunday, feel free to get a head start and start getting into your healthy routines now!! I just stated a new eating plan today as I decided it's insane to think that I can keep doing the same thing and expecting a different result, so here's to making the change necessary to finish the job!!

Daily Post (Friday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes, new eating plan, tracking a different way, but still tracking.
    Exercise: Yes, 15 mins elliptical, 75 mins walking, 70 mins weight training--Snatch (these weren't great today), Clean + Split Jerk---these were amazing---hit a new pr, super excited about that, and Back squats, all VERY heavy!

Comments: Making a diet change today, decided it's insane to keep doing the same thing and expecting a different result....so we shall see where that goes, so far it seems to be helping already, knock on wood.
This discussion has been closed.