TEAM: The Slimsons (June)

Options

Replies

• lsjhudson
    lsjhudson Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    @AB0215 thank you! And it sounds like you're super busy!

I have a question if that's OK...I have a weigh in day of Monday, and I gave my starting weight as what I was the Monday of this week...as the challenge starts on Sunday does that mean that on Monday, 3rd I post my 1st week's weight loss? Or my first week on the challenge starts on Monday 3rd? Thanks!! 😊
  • angiequinby
    angiequinby Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone!
    I am happy to be a part of this group and am looking forward to the accountability.

I live in Nashville, married to an old hippie, 3 grown children, and 3 lovely grandkids.

I have been losing and gaining weight for the past 25 years, but was on a slow and steady loss until last year.

I gained over 50 lbs last year and am now hovering at 255. My husband had a rough year dealing with kidney and spleen cancer, sepsis, and 3 emergency surgeries plus one planned surgery in less than 9 months. I ate a lot ( A LOT) of junk and fast food and got almost no exercise- I worked and went to the hospital, picking up drive thru food. We won't talk about the stress eating. Things are calmer now, so need to refocus on myself.

I am having a hard time getting motivated and staying on track but am trying. I am attempting to do a combination of Mayo Clinic and DASH diet to address some health issues, and looking for an exercise routine I can stick to.

My goal for June is to commit to eating healthier by meal planning and prep, and walking a minimum of 15,000 steps each day. Weight loss- shooting for 12 lbs.

• aadubb
    aadubb Posts: 67 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Hello Team!

My name is Andrea. I started with the May group and had a great start but then my period came and I allowed myself to get discouraged with no scale movement and temptations and lost 2 weeks of results. The month wasn't a total loss as I lost 13.3lbs.

I workout 5 to 6 days per week and teach a fitness class so my main issue is eating.
    Since April 15, 2019 I've been doing low carb. I started at 183.2 and have lost 25lbs in total, as of today. I have 15.2lbs to reach my goal and it seems so close but yet so far.

I want this to be the last time that the scale goes way up. It's tiresome! I'd rather use the energy to try to maintain than have to lose.

Goals For June:
    -Drink 120oz of water per day
    -lose 10 to 15lbs
    -make a plan for what I'm going to do to maintain. Can I still eat my two favorite "foods" in moderation...chips and pizza. I think I have to banish chips from my life🙈 a sad reality😥
    April (15th) SW 183.2 EW 167.9 ⬇️ 15.9
    May (2nd) SW 167.1 EW 158.2 ⬇️ 9.7
    Jun (1st) SW 157.1
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    lsjhudson wrote: »
    @AB0215 thank you! And it sounds like you're super busy!

I have a question if that's OK...I have a weigh in day of Monday, and I gave my starting weight as what I was the Monday of this week...as the challenge starts on Sunday does that mean that on Monday, 3rd I post my 1st week's weight loss? Or my first week on the challenge starts on Monday 3rd? Thanks!! 😊

@lsjhudson So if your weigh in day is Monday, that means when Monday June 3rd rolls around, you post your weight, and then each week of the challenge on Monday, you will post your weight, does that make sense?
    Basically, you get to choose what day works best to post your weight and therefore each week of the challenge, you post on that day.
  • AB0215
    Options
    @angiequinby Welcome to the team!! I'm sorry to hear your struggles, hopefully your hubby is doing better. Stress eating is real and you can get past it, and I can promise you it's hard, but also necessary to reach our health goals. Hang in there, take it one day at a time, my best advice is to commit to change in 30 day increments, commit to your diet for 30 days, pre-plan and pack lunches if necessary and then you'll be surprised how much easier it is to continue and recommit to another 30 days! Great goals, don't be afraid to work your way up to 15k steps (that took me a long time to do), it may take you a bit to adjust to along the way!

@aadubb Welcome back Andrea! Great goals for June!! And you should take a minute to celebrate your progress, 25 lbs is great!! and remember though, it may take you a bit longer to reach your goals now that you're getting closer, but you can and will still do it!!
  • AB0215
    Options
    AB0215
    May Week 5
    Saturday
    PW: 148.6 lbs
    CW: 147.8 lbs

Maybe plateau busted? Might still be too soon to celebrate...
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    AB0215
    May Week 5
    Saturday
    PW: 148.6 lbs
    CW: 147.8 lbs

Maybe plateau busted? Might still be too soon to celebrate...

Nice loss

• gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    HAPPY SATURDAY TEAM SLIMSONS

Praise'm Praise'm so trying something new to add more calories to my diet since I'm only averaging out 700 calories most days. As per my nutritionist via email since my insurance doesn't want to pay, at least until I get a medical of necessity letter from my doctor.

2 whole wheat toast 1 cup of frozen strawberries with 2 scrambled eggs with spinach and ground chia seeds. Ummm look delish

6hvgsygjpome.jpg

THEN GOING BOWLING FOR 2 HOURS but really on 45mins to and hour as I take a break between each frame. Gotta bowl smart being disabled and all.

Have a blessed and productive day
    -Glorious Gloria
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Hey team 👋🏻

Just wondering if anyone has any tips on breaking through a plateau? For the past 10 days or so, my weight has been bouncing between 149.4 and 149.5...I feel like I’m in that film Groundhog Day 😆 If anyone has any tips or advice on how to get things moving again it would be much appreciated!

Thanks 🥰
  • camucha1988
    camucha1988 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

My name is Carmela and I live in New York City. I am 30 years old (5'6) and trying to get to my ideal weight of 150 - currently I weigh 192 and am hoping to lose at least 10 pounds by the end of June. I am really excited to be part of this group and am looking forwards to getting the support from others who have similar struggles.
  • aadubb
    aadubb Posts: 67 Member
    Options

@aadubb Welcome back Andrea! Great goals for June!! And you should take a minute to celebrate your progress, 25 lbs is great!! and remember though, it may take you a bit longer to reach your goals now that you're getting closer, but you can and will still do it!![/quote]

Thank you @AB0215. I enjoyed Halo Top icecream last night. The best thing I've ever found. I'm agai celebrating by starting Intermittent fasting, since I'm well aware about that slow down... so scary lol Hoping to combat it with IF.

In all honesty, I'm hoping I can get to 150lbs FIRST, before the slow down begins though. Wish me luck!
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,300 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    o0kody0o wrote: »
    Hey team 👋🏻

Just wondering if anyone has any tips on breaking through a plateau? For the past 10 days or so, my weight has been bouncing between 149.4 and 149.5...I feel like I’m in that film Groundhog Day 😆 If anyone has any tips or advice on how to get things moving again it would be much appreciated!

Thanks 🥰

Hang in there...it's harder once you're so close to goal. I plateau-ed for 6 months after I lost 80lbs.... I lost an addition10 when I started IF 5:2 combined with spin classes.

Plateaus are frustrating.... might be too soon to call it a plateau.... but you could try carb cycling--- lower your carbs to say 50g or less alternating days and increase your protein to over 100g ... and/or add a little more cardio where you can.

• o0kody0o
    Options
    SLIMn2016 wrote: »
    Hey team 👋🏻

Thanks 🥰

Hang in there...it's harder once you're so close to goal. I plateau-ed for 6 months after I lost 80lbs.... I lost an addition10 when I started IF 5:2 combined with spin classes.

Plateaus are frustrating.... might be too soon to call it a plateau.... but you could try carb cycling--- lower your carbs to say 50g or less alternating days and increase your protein to over 100g ... and/or add a little more cardio where you can.

I definitely agree that it may be too soon to call it a plateau, I was thinking that as I typed lol. It is frustrating though ☹️ I’ll give lowering my carbs and upping protein a go every other day, as well as fitting in some more cardio when I can. Thank you ☺️

• o0kody0o
    Options
    ⭐️Daily Post: Saturday 1 June

Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: 60 minutes on exercise bike. Done 40 mins, had a little break then decided to round it up to an hour 😊
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,300 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Saturday, June 1st
    Username: SLIMn2016

✅ Track: Yes
    ✅ Calories: Yes, under
    ✅ Exercise: Yes, 3.5 mile walk, Body Combat, Elliptical HIIT
    ✅ Water: 229.8 oz. +
    ✅ Steps: 17,453 (so far...but going walking with Goldie and fam later)

🗣Comments/Goals: HAPPY JUNE ALL--- I hope you are all off to a great start. :)
  • AB0215
    Options
    Hi all,

My name is Carmela and I live in New York City. I am 30 years old (5'6) and trying to get to my ideal weight of 150 - currently I weigh 192 and am hoping to lose at least 10 pounds by the end of June. I am really excited to be part of this group and am looking forwards to getting the support from others who have similar struggles.

@camucha1988 Welcome Carmela!! Great goal for June! You got this!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Hey team 👋🏻

Thanks 🥰

@o0kody0o First of all, 10 days isn't really long enough to call it a plateau, it's a normal part of the process, and why water intake is so important, when you lose fat, your body uses water as a placeholder for the fat as it's anticipating it to return and then eventually gives up and releases the water, it's why some weeks you see a huge drop on the scale and then nothing for a few weeks. maybe start increasing your water intake too, taking in more water encourages your body to release the water it's holding onto also.
    However, change is what's good for a plateau, different exercise, food, etc and lower carbs, adjust protein, etc.
  • 2muchchocncrisps
    2muchchocncrisps Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Saturday 1st June)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes under
    Exercise: Yes 30 minute dog walk and 20 minutes pilates
    Goals/Comments: Hi team members. I’m Pam, in my late 50’s and in Jan 2013 I started my journey with great support from mfp, losing 18 kilograms but, of course, it’s all back. This time I have one ripped knee and the other sore from carrying the weight, and now I have high cholesterol too!
    I’m very pleased to be accepted into the Slimsons team, have already been inspired by your posts and would love some new friends to make me accountable and motivate. Goals are to improve my diet to reduce the cholesterol and lose the weight, drink more water and stop using excuses to not exercise.

• angiequinby
    angiequinby Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Great goals, don't be afraid to work your way up to 15k steps (that took me a long time to do), it may take you a bit to adjust to along the way!

@ABO215, I should have been more clear that I want that 15000 minimum all 7 days! I get a minimum of 15000 steps at work, and 20-25000 at least twice a week. On my two days off, I slack and usually get less than 7000. My legs are in great shape! It's my belly and arms that make me look like a potato on toothpicks. 😀

This discussion has been closed.