Tracey's 62 Day OMAD Journey to Hawaii 2019

Options

Replies

• jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Options
    I am having the same issue right now :( Went down to meet with family and relatives and boom! I gained around 1kg (2.2lbs). The struggle is real and I know how you feel. Right now, I am trying to get back on the wagon too! Am here to cheer you on! You can do it! We can do it!
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I think it is just a mind thing going on right now. I did my monthly 3 day fast with no problems. I think with the holiday being my fast break day, I may have overdone it. I really got off track with OMAD and I am having to will myself back to doing what I know to do.

I watched Joe's latest video yesterday and he hit it on the nose. Stop planning, start living. I've had to go back to telling myself, repeating to myself, I only eat one meal a day and let that be that. Eat my one meal and don't worry about carbs and such. One meal, One plate, One beverage works and that is what I do.

I was able to do OMAD before with no problems and reached my goal. It works, I have committed to it again so let's watch me shrink. From today on, it's OMAD all the way.

I will post my weight tomorrow to continue my countdown to Hawaii (30 days).

• mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY you've got this babe!!!!
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Tracey I totally get it. I tend to over analyze things, get in my head too much, well hey I'll cut out carbs, or meat, or whatever and when I do that then I fail miserably! I have been far from perfect lately and totally get where you are coming from. I have also recommitted to doing what I know works without making it complicated! One meal, one plate at a time!

Hang in there, you have always been an inspiration to me, and others. You have got this!!!

Hugs,
    D
  • LadyBlanks
    Options
    I am re-watching Joe's The first 14 days of OMAD and Do's and Don'ts videos. Starting again to make sure I do it right and get adapted again for lifetime success.

- No Splurging
    - No Cheating
    - Regulate Intake
    - Do Eat all food groups
    - Don't be afraid to see my weight vary
    - Do increase calories
    - Don't pick back up old habits
    - Do increase activity levels
    - Don't be anxious to make drastic changes in diets based on movements
  • LadyBlanks
    Options
    Happy Wednesday All,

Here we are at 30 days remaining until I leave for Hawaii. So far my weight in my journey to Hawaii has been all over the place with many downs and ups. But that stops NOW. Yesterday was my first back on the OMAD day and as usual OMAD did not disappoint. Why I thought I needed to work in other stuff is beyond me, but I am now re-committed to OMAD and OMAD alone.

Yesterday I had my meal around 5:30pm which was one plate of food, I had my chocolate kale shake as my calorie beverage and I also had a glass of ACV water. I felt great and am so excited for the progress I will make.

Here are my numbers from start to now of my journey to Hawaii.

apwzokmf6ccy.png

I am back to having 18.3 pounds to lose to be down to 150. I would need to average a daily loss of 0.61 pounds to reach this goal. I know this is a big stretch so I will be content with reaching 155 pounds or averaging a 0.44 pound daily loss which is more feasible.

Regardless of whether I reach either of these goals, I am committed to OMAD and will be happy with where I land. I am committed to OMAD for the long haul so I WILL get there.
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    I'm glad you got back into it mentally because that's the hardest part - the weight loss is a symptom of being in the right mindset and running the play - you're a vet, and once you've gotten some momentum back it'll be easy peezy!
  • LadyBlanks
    Options
    It really was/is a struggle/battle of the mind that needs to be won each and every day. I feel I am in the right head space to stay the par and run the play. I am battling the hungries, but as I make the conscious choice to wait until my meal time, I believe they won't be an issue for too much longer. I feel such a relief that I am no longer focused on what I eat. I just have to hold out and wait to eat.

The hunger is real right now but I am holding out. I am going to go for a walk in a bit and that should eat up a good 20 minutes and hopefully put the hunger at bay.
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    Distractions are a good way to get through...I find work days SUPER easy bc I'm slammin' busy all day so I don't even think about food (unless I'm menu planning LOL) until late afternoon when things calm down :)
  • volgirl1322
    Options
    Tracey so glad you are back.....you will be to your goal in no time! <3
  • jadepearl
    Options
    Glad to hear that you got everything sorted out😘 You can do this👍❤️
  • LadyBlanks
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Happy Thursday everyone. Did I ever tell you guys I love OMAD, how about OMAD works? Well I do and it does and I am so happy to be back and committed to the OMAD lifestyle.

Yesterday was a successful OMAD Day. I ate my meal at around 6:30pm. I had to overcome some major hunger pangs and I did and was rewarded with an overnight loss of 2.1 pounds.

11 July 2019
    29 Days to Hawaii
    Today's Weight 166.2 pounds
  • volgirl1322
    Options
    WOOHOO big congrats to you Tracey!!! <3
  • jadepearl
    Options
    Congrats on your loss👍😘
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    THERE YOU GO BABEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! :love:

That's how it's done! Rinse and repeat and you'll hit goal NO PROBLEM! :)
  • jadepearl
    Options
    Congrats on your loss <3 Keep up the good work :)
  • SoulSisterSoulBrother
    SoulSisterSoulBrother Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    C'mon you really can do this. Keep believing in yourself. <3
  • LadyBlanks
    Options
    Had another great OMAD Day. I believe I've gotten my OMAD Mojo back.

I ate my meal yesterday at around 5:30pm. I had a subway ciabatta chicken sandwich, panera broccoli cheddar soup, nut mixture (14 grams salt and vinegar almonds and 14 grams onion and garlic macadamia nuts) a Krispy Kreme original glazed donut, ACV water, and chocolate kale shake. I now use my blue divided plate and if the food fits I eat it.

12 July 2019
    28 Days to Hawaii
    Today's Weight 164.1 pounds

• mistymeadows2005
    Options
    GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLL YASSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! True OMAD for the win yo! :)

Super happy you're back in the groove! It makes it so much easier, and boosts your morale too :) We had faith you all along babe...keep it up, and you'll see your 150s by vaca FA SHO!!!! :love:
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Great job, Tracey! I wish I could say the same, but I haven't been as diligent as you this week. Yesterday wasn't bad, though, and I am on track for today, also.

Are you getting excited for your trip? I am starting to make lists of all the things I need to do or buy or pack....something I never had the luxury of doing before, since I was always working up until the second we left. Then I would panic and throw way too much into the suitcase, so that it was overly heavy, and despite over-packing I would have nothing appropriate to wear or I would be missing important things like, you know, socks. And I would be stressed for at least two days into the vacation, and start getting re-stressed two days before we got home.

Now that I'm retired and making up my to-do lists, I wonder if this is how real people go on vacation -- with a little bit of planning, forethought, and anticipation!