Steps
    7/22--7422
    7/23--8154
    7/24--5938
    7/25--4883
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, sorry I've been away. Work has been so crazy I'm actually in the office. I went to step,on the scale and the battery keeps popping out so I'm looking for a new one today. @lindamtuck2018 , please roll me over.
  • Pamela_Sue
    Pamela_Sue Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Well today was an exciting day. I finally adopted my dog. I ended up rescuing a senior beagle from the pound. She is 13 and her name is Molly. She should help me improve my steps.

Hi Linda. Many blessings and thanks to you for adopting a senior dog. Many of my dogs during my 60 years have been adopted seniors and they gave me such joy. It was almost as if they would thank me every day for rescuing them. Such a delight!

And don't fret over the weight. I am very sensitive to increased sodium. I ate a spaghetti meal from the Walmart deli for lunch and dinner yesterday and gained 1 1/2 pounds overnight. I try to keep my sodium below 1,800 for my blood pressure, but it is difficult with any meal that I don't cook myself. Hang in there!
  • Pamela_Sue
    Pamela_Sue Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Goals for rest of week:
    1. 30 minutes cardio every day but Sunday - oops, did not do my cardio Thursday. I am kicking myself, but must move forward.
    2. Stay within calories every day - Met goal for Thursday!
    3. Eat properly to keep blood glucose under 140 at daily test. Yay! Met goal for Thursday. Was a little worried about the pasta in my Walmart spaghetti meal, but it wasn't a huge amount and my blood glucose was good.
  • lmeldrum23
    lmeldrum23 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    7/23 steps: 4,879
    7/24 steps: 4,723
    7/25 steps: 4,560

This week has been a pretty hard week for me. I've had a hard time with overeating so I'm not very excited to see what my weight is tomorrow. I know a lot of my issue is due to the back pain I'm having from getting a new chiropractor. (When I dont feel very good I tend to overeat)
  • cre804
    cre804 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Cre804
    PW: 199.5
    CW: 197.0

Was able to drop the water weight despite the continued celebrations. My birthday was last Monday and my husband’s was Sunday. Our kids came in town and threw us a surprise 60th birthday party on Saturday! Trying to get back on plan this week, despite dealing with a sick doggo. She spent two nights at the vet and while home now, she’s not eating much. We fear the end is nearing. (She also had a birthday last week, her 12th) Knee is slowly improving but not totally past limping. I have a continuing education deadline next week, which always causes me too eat poorly so I’m hoping to be more focused next week.
  • mustb60
    mustb60 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    26/7/19 Steps 6351
  • mustb60
    Options
    Had veggies, mostly leafy beans and fresh tomato carrot onion salad.
    No run, no lifting, just walking. My legs and arms are sore from yesterday and I have a run scheduled tomorrow.
    This week I have been good on target, except running, couldn't run today so will have to run on Sunday as well.
    Wishing all of you a nice weekend!
  • mustb60
    edited July 2019
    Options
    cre804 wrote: »
    Cre804
    PW: 199.5
    CW: 197.0

Was able to drop the water weight despite the continued celebrations. My birthday was last Monday and my husband’s was Sunday. Our kids came in town and threw us a surprise 60th birthday party on Saturday! Trying to get back on plan this week, despite dealing with a sick doggo. She spent two nights at the vet and while home now, she’s not eating much. We fear the end is nearing. (She also had a birthday last week, her 12th) Knee is slowly improving but not totally past limping. I have a continuing education deadline next week, which always causes me too eat poorly so I’m hoping to be more focused next week.

Fab loss and good to see you had a great family time as well!!
  • mustb60
    Options
    kilobykilo wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018, hugs for you. Really sorry to hear you had to miss the funeral, being far away is tough :( but, hold on to the quality time you had recently and remember in your own way x

Happy dance from me this morning:

Pw: 179.8
    Cw: 176.6

0.8lb to go to turn that number green!

Yesterday I was on track, exercised and got 12,240 steps yesterday.

Have a great Thursday everyone!

Wow!! Congrats for the good loss!
  • mustb60
    Options
    PW 213.2
    CW 215.2

It is disappointing but I know it is some water weight. I changed my calorie deficit to give me a rate of loss of 1 pound a week as I was finding I was really hungry. Maybe this is too many calories and I need to watch my sodium intake. Almost every day I was over the recommended 2300 mg of sodium intake. I will not make make my green challenge.

Don't let it bother you too much, sodium does impact a lot. I have 4 litre water, 2 cup Green tea, beetroot juice/banana to flush out excess sodium. Anything high in potassium is good to combat extra sodium.
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    7/25
  • ngk2000
    ngk2000 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Steps 7/25 16,235
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,590 Member
    Options
    hbtcoztx9acs.gif
    Week 3 Step Results
    We walked a total of 472,849 steps
    Top Steppers
    1st Place @kilobykilo 101,963 steps
    2nd Place @171lake 98,133 steps
    3rd Place @ngk2000 96,225 steps

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    I did stay within my calories yesterday. I was right last night about the sodium affecting my weigh in. I have treaded water 4 days this week so far. Yesterday’s steps were 9,371. I can’t wait to set some goals for week 5 of the challenge.

@cre804 amazing loss this week. Glad your knee is feeling better.
    @Smart_Beautiful_and_Strong way to go on the awesome loss!
    @ssummerlin80 great goals
    @pjshawley great job staying within your calories and meeting your blood glucose goal.
    @mustb60 you are killing those goals
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
  • mustb60
    edited July 2019
    Options
    gbqqo081jqcf.jpg
    @lindamtuck2018 thanks for always encouraging us!
    I am having kind of veggie blast today! Beetroot, coconut, coriander leaves paste, ridge gourd, sambar ( a tangy lentil and mixed veg soup) and stir fry potato with white rice.
This discussion has been closed.