• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,590 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Weigh In:
    PW: 162.0
    CW: 161.8

Steps:
    7/29
    Not a stellar start to the week all around - kind of feeling down and frustrated + my husband's cousin passed away so wake and funeral were Sunday/Monday - that's why my steps are down....
    Hoping to ramp up the later part of this week....not the way I thought July would end and I'm not making my green challenge.....sigh.....:(

Sorry about your husbands cousin. Don’t get frustrated, we have a new month to start and we can aim for a new goal.
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Well July was a bit of wash out financially at £7.25 per day for food though with two long family weekends away I'll take it. 'Jalking' totalled 191 miles with my recently taken up cycling adding 31 miles on top. 250 mile combined target for Aug? Net calories were over on 8 days with 7 of those on my weekends away.

Looking forward to Saturday's weigh in and helping Shrinking Assets be top of the leaderboard :)
  • ssummerlin80
    ssummerlin80 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    steps for 7/31
  • Mouse816
    Mouse816 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!
  • ChoseMyChains
    ChoseMyChains Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    ddb3qiyhpik1.png
    TEAM WAISTAWAYS PLEASE WELCOME AND RETURNING MEMBER
    @Mouse816 @nrtauthor @CA_Underdog
    PLEASE HELP THEM GET READY FOR THE AUG CHALLENGE
    THEY HAVE BEEN ADDED TO THE SPREAD SHEET

THANKS GREG

Welcome to the team @Mouse816 @nrtauthor @CA_Underdog
  • nrtauthor
    nrtauthor Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hi! Is this where we check-in etc? I have a 4-month-old so my brain is complete mush. LOL. When I get a chance I'll read through everything again.

Anyway. Last week was weird because I hit all my calorie goals but didn't really lose as much as I expected. hoping for a better outcome this week! I suspect lack of sleep is contributing to slower weight loss.

Happy to be here!
  • ngk2000
    ngk2000 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Thursday Weigh Day
    PW 254.2
    CW 253.5
  • ngk2000
    ngk2000 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Steps 7/31 22,834
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Steps
    7/31
  • lmeldrum23
    lmeldrum23 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    7/31 steps: 6,109
  • guitargirl55
    guitargirl55 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Well at the start of this month, I am up 1.5 lbs from my month off.

New starting weight for this month is 137.5 lbs.
    Weigh in day is Friday.

As I said before, I am SO CLOSE to my goal of 125 lbs, but these last 12 lbs are proving to be much harder than my previous weightloss, so I am really excited to have a support team!

I am really hoping do be down around 133.5 by the end of the month.
  • Luciicul
    Luciicul Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Weekly weigh in on 8/1/2019
    Previous Weight: 241.4
    Current Weight: 232.6

I know this is probably not the healthiest weight loss, but I also know it is an emotional weight loss. I am prepared that I will gain a lot of this back if not all of it.

My 15 year old daughter had court for an assault case. The boy who assaulted her ended up taking a plea which ended up with less visits in court for us. Sadly we aren't done yet though.

My husband and I separated last Thursday night and I ended up on a 48 hour fast (coffee and water only) which I really didn't even realize it until my daughter pointed it out.

All in all it has been a rough week, but this too shall pass and I will be back on a healthier track.

So sorry to hear all you are going through. Life can really suck sometimes. I hope you have some good support people in your life to help you get through this period.

On the topic of your weight loss and fasting for 48 hrs, while it wasn’t intentional, I just wanted to let you know that intermittent fasting is a chosen technique for some people (myself included) and it’s not unhealthy in of itself. Some of the loss will be water weight, as well as simply not having as much content in the digestive system, but some of it will be real fat loss too. Weight fluctuates more with intermittent fasting than continuous calorie restriction (after eating days and fasting days) but the trend line will be in the right direction.

What is important is to make sure that when you do eat (before and after fasting) you eat really well - nutrient dense foods, whole foods, avoid highly refined/processed foods - to maximise nutrition.

All the best 😀
  • Luciicul
    Luciicul Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    nrtauthor wrote: »
    Hi! Is this where we check-in etc? I have a 4-month-old so my brain is complete mush. LOL. When I get a chance I'll read through everything again.

Anyway. Last week was weird because I hit all my calorie goals but didn't really lose as much as I expected. hoping for a better outcome this week! I suspect lack of sleep is contributing to slower weight loss.

Happy to be here!

Ah, the chronic sleep deprivation of having a young child. I feel for you!

When my daughter was about the same age I really struggled to lose weight even though I was doing everything “right” with calorie restriction and exercise. Sleep does have a huge impact, as does stress, and hormones, all what you have with a young child in your care.

“Calories-in-calories-out” by itself wasn’t enough to shift the weight for me. Through trial and error I found for me I had improvements when I went low-carb. Cut out bread, sugar, rice, pasta, potatoes. I was able to lose the weight I’d gained in pregnancy that way.

Everyone’s different, so have to find what works for you.

Though I will add that 1 week of results is not enough to go by, as we naturally have quite a bit of weight fluctuation, especially with our menstrual cycle, water weight, contents in our digestive tract, etc. Got to consider the trend line rather than worry too much about weight on a given day. Also watch your measurements, as this can show body composition changes (fat loss) that may not always present as weight loss.

Good luck 😀
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Spent a lazy day today catching up on big brother. Yesterday, I met all my goals. Steps: 10,374

@TheMrWobbly 250 miles sounds like an awesome goal!

@LovebyDraug69 sorry about your rough week. Hang in there.

@ngk2000 congrats on the loss!

@guitargirl55 welcome back and I hope we can support you in getting to your goal.

Welcome @Mouse816 @nrtauthor @CA_Underdog
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited August 2019
    Options
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    Okay. My scale is rigged up to weigh in tomorrow. I don't think it'll be pretty but I'll log it.
    0ukrvfnf6u85.jpg
    One of my bestest friends possible, has sent me a new scale that comes this weekend and I'm truly blessed as I love her so much. @Beka3695 ... She should be more active in August while she hangs on the bench some. My life is still crazy with with changes but i promise to be a better captain with @lindamtuck2018 . Lady you have been the glue to us lately and we're all lucky to have you.
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    One more thing, if you have a fitbit, add me so I can put you in our weekly challenges.
    J_boehle@hotmail.com
This discussion has been closed.