Share Your Day

Options

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,634 Member
    Options
    You have earned that nap, Alexandra! Enjoy.
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,851 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Greek Festival! Calories will not be counted today. Hubby, son and I shared the bounty of three full meals. I think I avoided some damage but it was all so good. No desserts were purchased to protect ourselves from total abandonment.
    Besides it was 103 F. Luckily the dining tent was shady and had spray misters.nlqz90seys8j.jpeg
    tdbi0vc5jgnf.jpeg
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,649 Member
    Options
    Looking awesome in Texas!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    We got a little more rain last night…I couldn’t get to sleep until 5 this morning….not sure why I can’t sleep lately…John and I cleaned the house today and did laundry…I finally called and made appointments for hair cut and color and nail fill in and pedi before our trip…I hate sitting still that long but it has to be done!…daughter has to drive grandson 7 hours tomorrow to meet his girlfriend and then she has to let her follow back here for 7 more hours of driving!….girlfriend has her Culinary degree and is staying here until she gets hired and gets an apartment…she is a little older than johnnathan but this fall at barely 17 he is starting college….very mature for his age but I think too young to be madly in love, but we all were once, right?…something else to worry about!…
  • PAV8888
    Options
    That kid! You're going to be all pampered up!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    So when is the new resident arriving and is she going to be a cooking temptress? And when's the pamper parlor happening?
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Inquiring minds want to know!!!!! <3
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Inquiring minds want to know!!!!! <3

She is in route as I write!….they met up in Valdosta Georgia about an hour ago….Amanda needs to walk around, get hydrated and then johnnathan and g/ f will follow her home….his g/f specialty is big cuts of meat, lamb, pork, etc…and as a true chef insists on rare temp which I do not care for!…I think she probably good at her craft as she was here in Jan. and made home made pies, etc…she is cute…she is also bringing a cat that Amanda’s husband doesn’t know about lol…he is allergic to cats….of course Amanda said maybe he will move out when the cat arrives!…probably not!….I still think they are way too young to take up house keeping but then again, Amanda said at least she will know where they are at!…neither drink, smoke or do drugs or party so that is a relief…homebodies….give me strength!
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,967 Member
    Options
    I saw this list on FB and it was sooooo accurate that I had to share it here. If ever you want to understand me (or Atki) you need to bear this list in mind....

1jmssmipsmru.png
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Good one Bella!
    It’s a holiday weekend in the US so I guess everyone is off doing barbecuing and family visits. Pretty quiet around here lately.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Loin girding for sure! What is it with men and bathrooms?
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Lessons in life! Wouldn’t be any different if he rented hid own place. Adulting Is a hard....
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    We are preparing for our trip to the east coast of SC…..two cars, 6 passengers, a dog, and a cat….cages, coolers,suitcases, bags, and boxes…..we will arrive looking like The Beverly Hillbillies….it is so hot outside I am roasting after a few minutes in the sun…g/f and grandson, and daughter got home safely last night….thank goodness I have recovered from being sick the past couple of weeks….I have had Shingles many times before but nothing like this last ordeal….my teeth have not hurt either for a couple of days….I am keeping my dental appointment to make sure everything is ok but I need a cleaning any way….I just can’t believe Shingles effected so many parts of my body….well, I have kept 61 pounds off of the 110 I had lost which means I have gained 49 pounds back….Lord….and now with our trip I keep thinking, why bother watching what I eat until I get back home!…but I know this is just stupid….I have all of my heart tests when I get back and an appointment with my regular doctor who is going to pass out when he sees me….I think I will try to not gain any weight while we are away….at least I am planning on staying here and keep working at it!….
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I saw this list on FB and it was sooooo accurate that I had to share it here. If ever you want to understand me (or Atki) you need to bear this list in mind....

1jmssmipsmru.png

OMG …..that is so on point 🤣🤣🤣

• lauriekallis
    Options
    That sounds so hard, Alexandra. I hope things work out for the best.

Very interesting approach, Yooly. Never ever thought of that - I can see it working!

Fingers crossed for you, Connie. The best time to start tracking again is now. Focus on tracking - and I think what you are eating will start to fall into place. No goals and total calories - just tracking.
  • Yoolypr
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Very interesting approach, Yooly. Never ever thought of that - I can see it working!.

Works really great on vacation if you’re as old as I am. Anyway, I find giving up control is easier than helping myself. And often there’s stuff on the plate I don’t like much and gladly leave behind.

At home I have to make my own food decisions. I think I was born to be served my meals - too bad the princess fantasy didn’t work out!

For Connie, having someone else prepare her plate who allows the foods to touch would be automatic portion control?