Share Your Day

Options

Replies

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    I probably would not eat anything someone else put on my plate at a party with a bunch of strangers!….after all the food would probably be all smooshed together!….I sat next to my cousin at a seafood buffet once and she ate crab legs like a beast from the sea…after getting pieces of crab and shells flying at me and getting on my plate, I got up and moved away from her….even as kids, her plate always looked so messy….ewwww
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,826 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Maybe get someone you trust to make the plate? Anyway if it’s ewwww, you won’t be eating much?
    Unfortunately I could eat a messy plate with all the food touching and go back for more. So having someone else bring me one plate keeps me away from the buffet or pot luck table. We gotta do what works for us. 🤗
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,605 Member
    Options
    If I prepared Connie's plate.... she would not eat anything, starve, and then binge in no time!!!!🙀
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,615 Member
    Options
    Yoolypr wrote: »

... And often there’s stuff on the plate I don’t like much and gladly leave behind....

... For Connie, having someone else prepare her plate who allows the foods to touch would be automatic portion control?

Bonus points!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Oh my - we should all arrange each others meals! We could hit goal really quick...PAV you might hit a new goal lower than you ever wanted.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Not if I still sneak in my little clif bars and quality street cocoa bunnies🙀😹
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Nope, PAV. You only get what we serve you >:)
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Yeah but you're all evil and I will end up with non touching veggie bunnies🙀
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    you got it!

With a splash of sriracha now and again :D
  • PAV8888
    Options
    I'm looking for the vehemently disagree button! 🙀
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Although I vehemently swore not to ever buy larger clothes again, I broke down and bought a few things for our trip….I just can’t be pinched and squeezed into anything….and the clothes I bought can all be used when it gets cooler again next winter….
  • Yoolypr
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Wear the new non-squeezy clothes in comfort knowing it’s temporary. For me being uncomfortable makes me anxious which makes me eat more. So consider the new outfits as stress relievers.

Laurie when is the big trip to Rome?
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Oh Laurie, I’m so sorry. I know it was a hard decision but the right one for you. Spend the precious time with your family, Rome can wait a little longer.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    🙀🙊🙉😪🥺 But probably the right move for you!

I think you're reserving Rome for when Bella Garfielda Italiana will take both of us to Rome to tour all the best places she's visited. And then maybe we can go on to Firenze and check out some doors or something!!!? 😹
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I love you guys 🙂❤️
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Love you too! Life throws all kinds of surprises at us, doesn’t it? There will be many happy days ahead too! ❣️❣️❣️
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    Options
    Well, my brain threw me a curve ball by being AWAKE! and ready to start the day....

at 2:30 am.

(headdesk)

So having been up since then, and seen Boyfriend off to work at 7:30 am, I am now going to go back to bed and make up a few hours. I hope.

It messes my schedule about, but I didn't shop yesterday, so no precook.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,244 Member
    Options
    Ah man Laurie... I am sorry you had to cancel your trip! I get it though. Rome will be there in the future, but with your family moving that is just more important right this moment. So hopefully you can get a bit more special time in with the family.

I'm alive. Kinda. Been dealing with a lot of anxiety this week and have not had the mental capacity to count or even take part in conversations here. I don't want to be a Debbie Downer all the time.

Hoping I can get back into counting next week. Don't even have a meal plan yet and I go to the store in the morning. Right now just trying to get through my day at work, though I do get to go home early. Depending on weather I may use that extra time to take a nice walk. We shall see.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Walk sounds like the right thing to do!