Share your Numbers

Replies

• nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,714 Member
    210.6 yesterday morning. My last pre-vacation weigh in. We get back on the 28th, so 29th I'll count as a water weight day. See where I'm at on June 30th.

8lbs to merely overweight!
    41lbs to "normal"
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 3,158 Member
    Ooooffff! Weight up 4 pounds after vacation. I didn’t budget calories. A week’s worth of salty restaurant meals. A couple of long days of air travel. I feel puffy! Trying to eat better now that I’m home.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 14,121 Member
    Wait. A. Second. Ms. Yooly! My finger counting says you've weighted yourself before 48 hours have passed!!!!

Let's re-consider the 4lb number... once 24 and then 48 hours have passed before we decide it's final!!!!

• Yoolypr
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Wait. A. Second. Ms. Yooly! My finger counting says you've weighted yourself before 48 hours have passed!!!!

Let's re-consider the 4lb number... once 24 and then 48 hours have passed before we decide it's final!!!!
    Well daily weigh ins are a habit. I know that the morning after returning from vacation will be bad. But I don’t freak out.🤯 It’s just a number and let’s me know where I am. I know a few days later will give a truer picture.

It’s informative because some post vacation weigh-ins aren’t all that awful. What did I do differently that mitigated the gain? I can learn from that.
  • Yoolypr
    So it’s been a week…. Still up two pounds from vacation. Time to get serious 🧐
  • PAV8888
    War Path to consistency!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    This morning's weight: 206.4

This is officially my lowest adult weight since I had my first kid 24 yeara ago.
  • Yoolypr
    Woohoo Nic! Congratulations 🎈🎊🎉. The fun part is getting used to your smaller self. Like restaurant booths, theater seats, airline belts, non plus sized clothes…. It’s a whole new world out there!
  • PAV8888
    Way to go Ms Nic! You'll just have to learn to be more careful when it's windy! ;-)
  • PAV8888
    edited August 8
    Well I just had two days in a row where the scale showed 155 which I hadn't seen since the late summer of 2022 in the early days of the parental's move towards the coast.

I admit to not being unhappy about that. That being the 155, of course🤣😇
  • Yoolypr
    edited August 8
    Well I just had two days in a row where the scale showed 155 which I hadn't seen since the late summer of 2022 in the early days of the parental's move towards the coast.

I admit to not being unhappy about that. That being the 155, of course🤣😇

Woohoo Mr. PAV! Time to bust out the skinny pants. This just proves you CAN maintain weight loss if you stay in the game.
  • PAV8888
    Well hold on there sparky! That was not "standard" maintenance. I think that by the time we get close to 15lbs we're dealing with a definite oopsies and correction, right?

The operative words there were "summer of 2022".... so it looks like I peaked close to 170 by late August/ early September 2023. So about +15lbs in a year and then -15lbs in a year.

While objectively it looks like the increase was July 2022 to September 2023 and the decrease has been September 2023 to July 2024, I can guarantee you that the increase took less concentration and felt faster than the decrease! ;)

And, of course, we all know that because I wrote that yesterday it is +1lb today!!!
  • Yoolypr
    Might change my online name to Sparky? Once had a dog named Sparky. 😂

But seriously- I think what you do is maintenance. It’s allowing for life changes and not totally forgetting the need to manage weight.

My weight is still higher than I’d like. In the past I’d have just moved on and continued to eat too much and buy larger clothes. I may not be in total control right now but am AWARE. I’m not gaining more.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    200.4!!

At my height of 5'9", that is a BMI of 29.8. I am overweight!
  • Yoolypr
    Congrats Nic! Wish I could be making progress too.

We’re having visitors from Florida in two weeks who must be fed and entertained. Daily salads won’t do. And the cruise to Alaska is looming in less than a month. I hope much walking will mitigate the inevitable gain?

I’ll comfort myself with the thought that I seem to do better when the chaos of summer and cooler weather arrives. Hope that holds true……
  • PAV8888
    I know it's true for Yooly and you will do fine if you remember that you are eating because you're hungry and need nourishment not because you're trying this or that or are entertaining your taste buds or venting emotions. And you can always have more later if you're hungry

As to ms overweight: i also bet you have more muscle than your average overweight cat so I bet you're feeling pretty good about yourself!!!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    edited August 12
    I know it's true for Yooly and you will do fine if you remember that you are eating because you're hungry and need nourishment not because you're trying this or that or are entertaining your taste buds or venting emotions. And you can always have more later if you're hungry

As to ms overweight: i also bet you have more muscle than your average overweight cat so I bet you're feeling pretty good about yourself!!!

I probably do, yeah.

At this point I can stand sidelong to the bathroom mirror and grab the amalgam of flabby fat and loose skin that is my belly/panniculus and see what my frame ought to look like.
  • PAV8888
    yup... infinitely.... err... twistable... just don't tie it in knots!!!!!!!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    199.8!

I haven't been in the 100s since I was 19, I believe!
  • Yoolypr
    199.8!

I haven't been in the 100s since I was 19, I believe!

👍🎉🥳woohoo!!!!