Options

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,630 Member
    Options
    I can use my hand :)

Unfortunately, i cant yet rotate my arm to type on the keyboard :(

So close...such a tease.

last time I weighed in was oct 7 ... I was 175.2 ... at the 100 lb loss mark ... after a few weeks of anxiety eating, then post-surgery puffiness, i knew i had gained a significant amount. Decided thursday would be my weigh in day....but tried a unofficial pre-weigh-in today...to prepare myself.

(after a couple glasses of water)

not the nightmare 195 i half expected...nor the planned 175 maintenance/deficit break weight i planned. i guess I can live with it. still hoping as the surgery/painkiller puffiness dissipates ill find myself at 180. Maintenance over the holidays oughtta keep me on my toes. Hope to get back to a deficit in January?????
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,813 Member
    Options
    Surely a substantial proportion of that must be water gain Laurie....so that's not so bad, is it? Especially not after a couple of glasses of water...

When my husband dialysed, the nurses used to weigh him before and after each session - for each litre of fluid removed, he lost almost exactly 1kg of body weight. So if you drank two 350ml glasses of water before you weighed, that would account for 700g of weight, which equates to 1.54lbs of fluid added on...
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,626 Member
    Options
    @lauriekallis the impressive part is that you can use SOME paw, even if not freely ❣️

Yeah 👍

Puffiness = water retention

So take it easy with the hamsters 🐹, be reasonable and somewhat deliberate and thoughtful with your eating and you will find yourself both recovered and at or below 175 before you know it! 😘
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options

Surgery and meds will surely throw your body into chaos. Hopefully it will resolve itself soon. You and I have those last 25 lbs. to lose this coming year! You’ll be gorgeous and I’ll be a fluffy old lady (still a bit overweight rather than obese). It’s going to be our year. 🎉

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options

I am not going to ever be a fluffy old lady!…I am going to be a hot momma!…

• PAV8888
    Options

You're all three going to be hot mommas!

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options

I get my hair cut and colored in a few weeks….I know I am getting it shorter than it is now….maybe like my profile picture but I can’t decide what color!…I am thinking more blonde but I will post a new picture in my sexy jeans, belt, T, and leather jacket!…

• PAV8888
    Options

Someone's turning into a real hottie, isn't she! Plus your hair is already short... in your profile picture! :lol:

• Dante_80
    Dante_80 Posts: 479 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Some progress this week.

Height: 166cm - 5'5''
    SW: 177.8 kg - 392 lb - 64.5 ΒΜΙ (May 2020)
    GW: 68.7 kg - 151.5 lb - 24.9 ΒΜΙ

LW: 92.0 kg - 202.8 lb - 33.4 ΒΜΙ
    CW: 91.5 kg - 201.7 lb - 33.2 ΒΜΙ
    Variance: -0.5 kg / -1.1 lb / -0.54% TBW

OL: 86.3 kg - 190.3 lb - 31.3 BMI - 48.5% TBW in 575 days

Weight class projections:
    Obese class II: Reached - 21.05.2021 - 401 days.
    Obese class I: Reached - 25.09.2021 - 526 days.
    Overweight: 9.0 kg - 19.8 lb - 60 days.
    Normal: 22.8 kg - 50.2 lb - 152 days.
  • Bella_Figura
    Options
    SW (17/3/21): 96.0kg (BMI 40 - category 3 obese)
    LW: 71.6 kg (BMI 29.8)
    CW: 71.0 (BMI 29.6)

25.0 kg gone in total

11.0kg to go

I'm thinking I'll lose 5kg more (66kg) and then transition to a dead-dead slow approach thereafter.

By which I mean that when I reach 66kg I'll raise my calorie budget to the calories required to maintain my ultimate goal weight (57kg) - which will give me around 1870 calories/day. Maintenance calories for 66kg are around 2020, so my maximum deficit will be 150 cals/day, tapering to zero as I inch towards my ultimate goal.

A 150cals/day deficit equates to a maximum weight loss of 0.3lbs a week, which will reduce infinitesimally each week until I'm eventually maintaining at or around 57kg. I figure it'll take 2-3 years, but hopefully the process will be as painless as possible.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    You two Rock!!!

Plan exact details and numbers canb adjust based on results and desires but the general idea of continuing and tapering I love
  • Bella_Figura
    Options
    Yeah, the numbers are a guess and will never be more than an approximation - monitor and tweak are my two watchwords!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Having lost the major chunk of weight in the last two years, I have been stalled for 6 months maintaining lowest weight. However, I have 25 lbs. I want to lose to my goal. I will still be overweight by 10 lbs. but I can live with that. Doctor is happy, medical numbers are happy.
    When you share most meals with another person it’s tricky. After 47 years can’t very well tell hubby - you do you and I’ll do me. Shared meals are an important daily connection. I don’t share all foods or quantities on the table. While hubby is very supportive, at times concessions are made about meal times or choices.
    At deficit, I get 1200/1300 calories daily. I think I will up that to 1550 which is close to maintenance for my goal weight. It’s 250 lower than my daily calories in current maintenance. A little more wiggle room and losing weight very, very slowly. But I think I can manage this more easily without crazy hunger by the end of the day.
  • Bella_Figura
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Sounds like a good plan @Yoolypr - I wouldn't want to limit myself long term to 1200/1300 cals a day - it's doable for a while but it would soon feel really restrictive. 1550 calories is a decent amount, and will mean you achieve your goal over the long term.

I expect to take at least a couple of years to inch from 66kg (which is 10% above a 'normal' BMI) to my ultimate goal of 57kg, but as long as I'm moving (albeit very slowly) in the right direction I don't mind how long it takes me.

Like you I've already made the huge health gains that came with losing a significant percentage of my starting weight (26% in my case); most of the other benefits are more cosmetic than health related. I'm sure there are solid medical reasons why I'd be healthier at 57kg than I am at 71kg (not least the reduced pressure on my knees), but the added health gains achieved by reducing from 71kg-->57kg pale to insignificance in comparison to the health gains I've already achieved by reducing from 96kg-->71kg.

I also know what you mean about needing to make concessions in order to retain other benefits. In my case, I usually have a completely different lunch from my husband, but dinner is our main meal and I prefer for us to eat the same at that meal because there's a shared pleasure in enjoying it together. My husband is only 1kg from goal so he'll be moving to maintenance soon, and will have loads more calories than me, and will expect to 'spend' some of those additional calories at dinner. Sharing that meal without constantly exceeding my own calorie budget will be an interesting challenge.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Re "sharing". Dad gets a real dog eared look if he eating something different or significantly less forgetting that I usually don't have breakfast and lunch snacks (or that i have either a breakfast or a lunch time snack most of the time but not both). And that I'm a bit more active. anyway . I usually have almost a full meal in late evening. When trying to control calories I'm now having actual food items, or the enhanced yogurt (with fruit, cereal, etc). And when more generous it's cookies and candy and ice cream time, I e more frivolous stuff. Given health challenges and recent weight loss he may want to keep further from the spendy and nutritionally lacking aisle and more towards the whole foods section; but he can sneak in an extra meal or couple of snacks somewhere basically, while you still keep to your common ones....
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Our meals are usually good but it’s portion control for me. Hubby has no weight issues. Ice cream, candy, chips, cookies, beef jerky - he eats between all meals. He’s eating a large bowl of ice cream right now! Lunch was only an hour ago.
    Mercifully I have no problem with those things. I am not drawn to most junk food except maybe those evil orange cheese puffs. It’s mainly eating too much at mealtime and late nite hunger.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    oh the colorful evil orange cheese puffs are EVIL, I agree! :angry:
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    .....orange cheese puffs...... :o
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Finally remembered to weigh myself today, before eating/drinking. Last week 184.6, today 184. I'm trying to consider this a victory. Hard though when I came into the fall at 168.

But, alas. That was the old Laurie, with her extreme calorie deficit. lol. This is the new Laurie with a fixed shoulder and eating happily/healthily. And wearing a tshirt and sling (too hard to take that off just to weigh myself.) No binges in a while...no eating a six pack of my favourite grocery store treats in the past week (okay...maybe few days is more accurate). I am avoiding both by the skin of my teeth.

Being plagued by the idea is not a loss is it - yet even wanting it makes me feel a bit guilty...lol?

Anywhich way, I'm so happy that I am not heavier today! Even got up the courage to enter last weeks weight and this weeks. Though I hated to lose that over100 lbs lost credit.

Woah....look at all this two handed typining.....gotta stop now though...such an ache.