TEAM: Gutbusters (August)

AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    edited July 2019
    12bqfccgtj1k.jpg

Hi Gutbusters! My name is Bonnie and am the captain here at Gutbusters. I'm married to Doug, live in Nashville TN, and we are empty nesters. I homeschooled my two sons from kindergarten through their high school graduations. My oldest is married and lives in Chattanooga with his wife, Katie, and their beautiful Brittany, Toby. Jonathan is a Systems Analyst and my youngest son, David, lives in Greenville SC and is an Electrical Engineer. I'm also a foster-fail mom to Ollie, our Miniature Schnauzer.

I have been here at MFP since November 30, 2018, when I decided that I didn't want to live the way I was living and feeling the way I was feeling any longer. From that evening until now, I have logged everything I have eaten, tried to exercise every day, and stayed under my calorie range daily. I have lost 35 pounds. It's been a slow process but no matter how long it takes, I will stay the course until I reach my healthy goal weight.

We have several members who have been on the Gutbusters team for several months and they will be introducing themselves so we can all get to know each other. I love to think of this group as my Fit Family. I hope you feel very welcome here from your very first day. :smile:

Your weigh-in day is the day of the week you signed up to be in the challenge. Your weekly weigh-in post should look like this:

User Name
    July Week #
    PW:
    CW:

Please post as frequently as you'd like. A daily check-in with the team will help keep you focused on your goals and we'd love to get to know you better!

August is going to be a wonderful month to see some great changes in our health! Please take a moment to introduce yourself to our team! Feel free to share as much as you are comfortable.
    lxb3r9uy7u74.png

• SuzFit212
    SuzFit212 Posts: 153 Member
    Hey team!

My name is Suzanne. I live in Canada, I am married, and I am a stay at home mom to 3 young children.

I joined MFP under a different username a long time ago and had some great success with a small amount of weight I needed to lose at the time. I have since had 3 children and unfortunately thought that "eating for two" was a good idea. ;) I rejoined MFP a few months ago and remembered that challenges like these were the best motivation, so I sought one out. This will be my third month on the Gutbusters team. Last month I was quite successful and I hope to continue the progress I have been making.
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    July 22
    Exercised? No
    Calories? Yes
    Tracked? Yes
    Wedding weekend. Buffet breakfast. Not looking forward to getting on the scale. This week 😯
  • betsychange
    betsychange Posts: 67 Member
    Hello, Gutbusters (August)! I have been on MFP for years, but never stuck to anything for any amount of time. Too busy to focus on my diet. But now my youngest is about to head off to college, so we are empty-nesters as of August 24, and I felt it was a good time to start focusing on me: my health, my happiness, my next adventure with my husband. My long overdue physical is in a couple of weeks, and I know I'm going to get a little dose of reality -- so I might as well get a head start on that diet my doctor is sure to put me on. My health is my number one priority as of yesterday. Cheers!!!
  • BonnieHosk85
    Welcome to our newest members for August ... @betsychange and @denny2011. Hope you both enjoy the challenge.

@betsychange, we're empty nesters too. Interesting time of life. :smile:

• betsychange
    betsychange Posts: 67 Member
    Hey, Team! Good start to the week yesterday! I officially started Keto because I took my fasting blood glucose on Monday, after not testing for months (Backstory: I had been pre-diabetic a few years ago. I got a glucose meter to keep me honest, and when it was in the normal range for an extended time, I stopped doing it every day - I have never been on diabetes medicine, and I intend to keep it that way!) and it was a whopping 140mg/dL! So I decided to go Keto yesterday - the only diet I know that will surely bring my blood sugar back to normal. 2 days, and I'm feeling very good. My fasting blood sugar this morning was 104mg/dL, so that makes me happy! I love the accountability of this challenge. Thank you all for participating! I'm really happy to be here.
  • BonnieHosk85
    Glad you're here, @betsychange! My husband was diagnosed with Type 2 many years ago and he has successfully kept off all meds with diet and exercise. Proud of you for taking control of your health!!
  • BonnieHosk85
    Welcome to our newest members:
    @Sarahmcurry and @DylanFatToThin
    5di484wjhgaq.jpg

Take a moment and introduce yourselves!
  • Robandy12345
    Robandy12345 Posts: 265 Member
    Hi team, I am Bobby T. Thank you for having me as a member this is the 3rd month for me. It so nice to be in this group with Yinz (I am From Pittsburgh ) And feeling very fortunate in many ways, I only work during tax season ( weight gain) So I spend the other months trying to eat right and exercising. I have always been a athlete and continue to try and balance rest with exercise. Empty nester with plenty of yardwork. My goal with my yo yo weight is to try and make the peaks lower and the valleys deeper and more consistent. So far this year the peak (tax season) was a little lower. I am only behind my last years valley by 2 lbs. August is usually a nice steady loss type month with me caping it off with my yearly physical. I enjoy team sports playing softball on 4 teams as well as running a few 5 k. Peace to all! Let me know if I can help !
  • carol_shantz
    carol_shantz Posts: 68 Member
    Hi
    My name is Carol, I’m 48 years young. I’m married no kids. Live in Ontario Canada. Joined MFP only 10 days ago, I was on spark people but it wasn’t my thing so switched over. I’ve lost a total of 13 lb since I started changing my lifestyle. Happy to be part of the team 😊
  • BonnieHosk85
    Happy Sunday! Welcome to Week 1 for August, Gutbusters!

For those of you who are new to the group, here are some weigh-in FAQs:

• When do I post my weigh-in?
    Post on your "scheduled weigh-in day". So, if you posted a weight in the New Member Registration thread on a Tuesday, then your scheduled weigh-in day will be each Tuesday of the month. Let me know if you have a question.
    • Why is Week 1 beginning on Sunday? Haven't we been already posted our starting weights?
    Think of it as a first birthday. You're born, then you must live a whole year before you can celebrate being 1. In this challenge, you post a starting weight, then you have a whole week to work on weight loss before you post your Week 1 weigh-in.
    • How do I post my weigh-in?
    Your posts should look like this:
    Username:
    Week: August Week 1
    PW: Previous Weight in pounds
    CW: Current Weight in pounds
    • What's my previous weight?
    If you're new, your Week 1 previous weight is whatever weight you posted in the New Member Registration thread or check out the current spreadsheet to see what your posted info says. If you're returning, your Week 1 previous weight is whatever your weight was in the last week of the previous month.
    • Team Dynamics!
    A successful month will also include checking in each day with our team. Strive to become acquainted with everyone on the team and encourage each other in the successes and failures we will all experience. Our members are invited to post daily following the guidelines of another challenge called UAC (Ultimate Accountability Challenge). Very simple, but effective, in keeping us focused on our health goals. Please feel free to join that monthly challenge as well. @RangerRickL does a fantastic job there of keeping us motivated daily. I don’t think I’d be as far along on my journey if it wasn’t for TBL and UAC. If you’d like to participate in those guidelines, post this daily with the results.
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?
    Along with our daily check-ins, we will also have mini-challenges weekly. I do not want to be the person coming up with these ideas so if you think of something that may be a good challenge during the week you can post the ideas on the monthly thread or send them to me privately.
    • I'm still confused. Who can help me?

Just ask a question here and tag me (@BonnieHosk85), or PM me and I'll do my best to get back as soon as possible. I want you to succeed as much as I want success for me. If you miss your weigh-in I will message you to remind you. Because I care. If you need to drop out for the month, just let me know. Feel free to private message me if you need to.
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Happy to have 5 weeks this month, here's to a great month of weight loss
  • BonnieHosk85
    edited July 2019
    Good morning! Welcome to our new folks and welcome back to our July champs!! Today we are starting our new month and introducing our weekly challenge. Everyone is welcome to participate but it is optional, of course. Be sure to bookmark this page and check-in every day with your teammates. There's a template in the above post if you would like to participate in the daily challenge.

This week’s mini-challenge is to post each day this week saying something positive about yourself. This can be fitness, personality, or body-related. (kudos to @looneycatblue for this week’s challenge)
    Today we’re looking for weigh-ins from:

@allietuge
    @BJDavidson964
    @crystalbarton31
    @LadySaton

Please post using this template:
    Username
    August Week 1
    PW:
    CW:

Have a great Sunday, everyone!! <3
  • MayaVDM
    MayaVDM Posts: 71 Member
    Hi Team,
    I'm Maya from Canada, 41yo, wife ,mom of 2 active kids (boy 9 & girl 7yo),full time job.
    Last year I did Keto, reached my goal weight.
    After my shoulder dislocation in the winter, I fell off of the keto wagon.In 6 months I gained 20lbs due lack of activity and bad food choices.
    I'm new to myfitnesspal. I like to be part of this team & August challange to keep me countable.
    I GOT THIS. By xmass I want those 20lbs away forever. Let's do it !
  • BonnieHosk85
    edited July 2019
    Welcome to another round of new members. Please introduce yourself!

@carol_shantz - so glad to have you on the team! Wishing you great success here on MFP! <3
    @Shewhoismany - Welcome to the team. I saw your note. You can either have your first weigh-in on Friday, which would give you a week to lose from last Friday when you signed up, or you can weigh in today, but if you do that you won't have much of a loss, I suspect. Just let me know.
    @motis3678 - welcome!
    @MayaVDM - glad to have you with us, Maya! We'll cheer you on as you reach your goal by December!! <3
  • LadySaton
    LadySaton Posts: 500 Member
    Hey, I’m going to drop out of the challenge for now. I’ve decided to focus on maintenance for awhile before I decide if I want to lose any more weight later this year. I need a break from trying to lose because I’m just not motivated to do it right now, pretty happy with where I am. Good luck guys! I’ll probably be back to Biggest Loser close to winter!
  • motis3678
    motis3678 Posts: 61 Member
    Hi friends! My name is Michelle and I'm excited to be starting this challenge with you all. Life is done better together!

Hoping to contribute some good loss for our team! And looking to see how things are done around here. I'm brand new so if you see me doing something weird just lemme know 😂I'll probably mimic what other people do at first.

Also anyone willing to be a friend can add me - I only have 2 so far!! 😬
  • allietuge
    allietuge Posts: 343 Member
    allietuge
    August Week 1
    PW: 167.3
    CW: 166.8
  • crystalbarton31
    crystalbarton31 Posts: 56 Member
    crystalbarton31
    August Week 1
    PW: 194.4
    CW: 194.2
  • shewhoismany
    shewhoismany Posts: 182 Member
    @BonnieHosk85 You are correct, it is better to stick with Friday. Adding an additional weighing day to once-a-week schedule might be stressful. I know I won't be able to stop weighing myself on Friday and then again two days later.... EEK!

I am very excited.
This discussion has been closed.