TEAM: Gutbusters (August)

Options

Replies

• shewhoismany
    shewhoismany Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Go team! Hi. My name is Karen. Today is day 104 for me. I am very pleased with the way things have been going so far. I can't say that the pounds have been melting off but the number on my scale has been steadily declining. Good News.

Bad news. August 1 is the day I quit smoking. I have been planning this for the past two weeks following the guidelines of the ACS. I have stocked up on (additional) healthy snacks and gallons of water, warned my family (and mapped their escape routes) and cleared time for extra exercise.

Quitting smoking is something that I have to do myself, but weight loss is now a team event and I am a very motivated team player.
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    We'll miss you, @LadySaton. I've really enjoyed getting to know you and appreciate your input on our team so much!! Best to you! <3

@motis3678, nice to have you on the team, Michelle. I'll send you a FR.

@allietuge, killing it already!! Congrats!! :star:

@crystalbarton31, nice loss! :star:
  • BonnieHosk85
    edited July 2019
    Options
    @shewhoismany, sound good! Thanks!! :smile: The good news is that your lungs are going to be healthier, which will allow you to exercise harder. I stopped cold turkey when I was in my 20s and am so thankful now that I'm not dealing with the threat of lung cancer or COPD. Keep your calories under the amount you have decided on, exercise every day for at least 20 minutes, and keep those snacks healthy. With every addiction we give up, we will fill it with another. Be sure you replace smoking with good, healthy addictions!

You've got this, Karen! We're pulling for you! <3

(Love that you've given your family escape routes!! LOL!)
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, walking 20 minutes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • MayaVDM
    MayaVDM Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Happy to close my day without cheating with cake and cookies served at picnic.

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Not today ( painful muscles after yesterday's hike of 16km)

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? YES , less than 20 carb

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? YES. I logged in today's food.

Quick question: do I have to report my daily weight ?? For our mini challenge ?
    Or will be only on Fridays?? ( Friday is my best day of the week to check scale)

Thank you all
  • allietuge
    allietuge Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    @shewhoismany
    Good for you with your plan to quit smoking. I completely understand how hard it is. I quit when I decided to start trying to get pregnant. It was such a hard thing to do especially since my husband still smoked. It was hard to get out of the routine. YOU GOT THIS!
  • allietuge
    allietuge Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I had a rough day today team.

Went to a 1st birthday party today- enjoyed a piece of cake and time with friends. After getting home I was hit with some major anxiety. I'm not sure where it came from but it completely messed up the rest of my day. The snacking got out of control.
    I also having anxiety about flying to New York Wednesday night. I'm not good ay flying. I hope the gym will help with these emotions and overwhelming feelings.

Xo
  • verystumped
    verystumped Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Welcome everyone! I am up for this challenge. Today was my little cheat day, for July, but I did exercise! Tomorrow I will be in fighting spirit for August. I like that I setting a goal of losing 5 pounds for this month!
  • betsychange
    betsychange Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Ha! Just checking in, and realize that I've already lost the mini-challenge, lol! I apologize for that! From now on, I will be diligent about catching up with you each day. I've had a very good first week so far. I started my keto diet to lower my blood sugar and I can already see a big difference. Last Monday it was 140 mg/dL, and I just took it a few minutes ago and it was 89mg/dL. Also got a blood ketone meter and my most recent reading was .9mml/L. So I am moving in the right direction.

Did I get 20 min of exercise? Yes. Played 9 holes of golf with my husband.
    Did I track my food and water? Yes. Been very diligent because I have to get these macros just right for ketosis.
    Did I stay within my calorie budge? Yes! And I am thrilled about that. No grazing at all for me!

Tuesday is my weigh in day for this challenge. Wish me luck! Good night and good luck, Everybody!
  • shewhoismany
    shewhoismany Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes.

We had friends over for a party last night and I managed to stay on target but they left me with so many extra treats and goodies today I had to bury them in the backyard. The treats and goodies, not my friends.
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    Quick question: do I have to report my daily weight ?? For our mini challenge ?
    Or will be only on Fridays?? ( Friday is my best day of the week to check scale)

No, @MayaVDM, the weight is reported on your scheduled weigh-in day only. Your day is Friday and you'll get a reminder that morning where I will tag you. The mini challenge this week is to stay something positive about yourself. We also always have our daily check-in, where you answer these questions:
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

And, of course, feel free to post anytime you want. I love it when our members are very active here. <3 Great job on not giving in to those evil sweets!! :smiley:
    After getting home I was hit with some major anxiety. I'm not sure where it came from but it completely messed up the rest of my day. The snacking got out of control.
    I also having anxiety about flying to New York Wednesday night. I'm not good ay flying. I hope the gym will help with these emotions and overwhelming feelings.
    Sorry for the anxiety today, @allietuge. Praying for you to feel peace and calm from whatever is going on now and also on your trip. Forgive yourself for being normal, and try to stop when you're feeling like that and just think what might be causing it. The gym is definitely a good outlet!!

@verystumped, I'm glad you've set a goal to lose for the month! I bet your make it! :smiley:
    The treats and goodies, not my friends.

@shewhoismany, you're cracking me up!! Glad you got rid of that stuff!!

Good luck, Tuesday, @betsychange! :smile:

• BonnieHosk85
    Options
    :star: Remember, our mini-challenge this week is to say something positive about yourself. :star:

Mine is: I'm fun to be with. I am usually in a good mood, I love to make people laugh, and I am always up for an adventure. I have one girlfriend here in a Nashville and every time we are together I feel like a teenager again. She's fun and silly and we have the best time together. We're getting together Tuesday night with our pups for the Sounds baseball game. I can't wait!!
  • SuzFit212
    SuzFit212 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for 20 min? No.
    Did I track everything I ate? Yes.
    Did I stay within budget? No. :(

Something positive about myself: I am persistent. Even when I fail I'm not ashamed to get up and try again. (And I fail a lot lol)
  • carol_shantz
    carol_shantz Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes.
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    July 29
    I will be opting out for August & September as we will be travelling in Europe until 24 September. I would like to re join Gutbusters in October. Being in this group has been so beneficial to me losing about 8 kgs or so. The accountability really works for me. Thank you Bonnie for all the work you and the others do to make it possible. It is very much appreciated.
  • MayaVDM
    Options
    Good morning Fabulous Team.
    Wish you a great week ahead 🌞
  • carol_shantz
    carol_shantz Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    3rgzhw5wbltv.jpeg
    On vacation for next two weeks but brought my food and Weight scale with me to stay accountable. Packed lots of healthy food only thing standing in my way is the beer. Have to watch that one. Good luck everyone one!!!!!
  • MayaVDM
    Options
    Great photo @carol_shantz 🌅😍
  • MayaVDM
    Options
    Uuuups I'm in trouble.
    Had for breakfast frozen blueberries 1 cup with SKyr plain yogurt. My carbs are all eaten already at breakfast.
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    @MayaVDM, don't let that derail you! You can still stay under calorie goal. Have a great one! <3

@Colleen790, I'm so sorry you won't be with us for two months, but I'm so excited for your travels!! Have a wonderful time and check in with us periodically with photos, if you can! We look forward to seeing you back with us in October!!
This discussion has been closed.