Replies

• motis3678
    motis3678 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Username: motis3678
    August week 1
    PW: 303.0
    CW: 300.6

Was hoping to get under 300 for this weeks weigh in - but next week will be if!
  • Stimpy56
    Stimpy56 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Username: Stimpy56
    AUG WK 1
    Previous Weight: 229.5
    Current weight: 223.0

The last few weeks I have gained about 1/5 pound a week, but my cloths are feeling looser! I can almost tighten up my belt another notch. So while my weight may not going down :s , my NSV is my cloths feel better on me. I will take inches over pounds any day.
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Jul 31
    Did I exercise for at least 30 minutes? YES + some,12,000 steps (had to do some house walking to get there!)
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? YES
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? YES
    Something Positive about myself: I get along with most people, and do not hold grudges (for very long).
  • motis3678
    Options
    Go team! Hi. My name is Karen. Today is day 104 for me. I am very pleased with the way things have been going so far. I can't say that the pounds have been melting off but the number on my scale has been steadily declining. Good News.

Bad news. August 1 is the day I quit smoking. I have been planning this for the past two weeks following the guidelines of the ACS. I have stocked up on (additional) healthy snacks and gallons of water, warned my family (and mapped their escape routes) and cleared time for extra exercise.

Quitting smoking is something that I have to do myself, but weight loss is now a team event and I am a very motivated team player.

Hi @shewhoismany ! Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking about you today and pray all is well with Day 1 of not smoking. I know from experience how hard it is - I quit a little over a month ago on June 19. Feel free to reach out if you want! Your team supports you!
  • carol_shantz
    carol_shantz Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YES
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Sarah. This month is pretty cruisy so I aim to work very hard on my diet. My husband is keen to try some vegetarian dishes to help him lose weight too-so far I've made cauliflower curry and mushroom and lentils which he has loved.

We have two birthdays in our family and its our five year anniversary so LOTS of celebrations involving sugar...Im planning on having no sugar at least for my birthday.

At the moment Im swamped with weeding the garden and cleaning the house (the agent wants it to almost bond standard this time since weve lived here for a while) which is hard work but great exercise.
  • shewhoismany
    shewhoismany Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

@motis3678 You quit on my birthday. Congratulations! My Quit Day did not go as well as I had hoped but not as badly as it could have. I had 3 cigarettes instead of my usual 20. However, I am glad I managed to not give up entirely after the first smoke. I kept trying. And tomorrow I'll keep trying. I haven't failed until I stop trying.
  • verystumped
    verystumped Posts: 38 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    VeryStumped
    August week 1
    PW: 198
    CW: 197
    Second day vacation got my steps in. I am proud that I did not eat everything!
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Previous Weight: 229.5
    Current weight: 223.0

The last few weeks I have gained about 1/5 pound a week, but my cloths are feeling looser!

@stimpy56, is your CW correct?

@shewhoismany, congrats on day 1!! So proud of you! :smiley:
  • betsychange
    betsychange Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for 20min? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget? Over by 100 cal.
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes!
    Good day! Cruising on Keto now. Making progress.
  • motis3678
    Options
    Exercise? Yes, 30 min brisk walk
    Under budget? Yep, right down to the edge lol - had to have 2 almond m&ms! I'm amazed I was able to stop after the 2.
    Tracked everything? Yes

@shewhoismany June 19th is my birthday too! Small world! Good job at cutting it down today and not giving up. Tomorrow is a new day! Quitting has been fits and starts for me too - the key is never giving up. Good luck!
  • Kenyaa3
    Kenyaa3 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 30 minutes walking during lunch
  • SuzFit212
    SuzFit212 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise? No. I'm in a bit of a rut there.
    Did I track everything? I think so. I've been in a bit of a rut here too but I'm forcing my way out of it. I have goals to reach!
    Was I under budget? No, just barely over. Still in a deficit.

Entering this new "decade" of weightloss has me almost dancing while doing my errands. I feel so confident!
  • carol_shantz
    carol_shantz Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    carol_shantz
    August week 1
    PW: 173.5 lbs
    CW: 172.2 lb
  • MayaVDM
    MayaVDM Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    MayaVDM
    August week 1
    PW: 165 lbs
    CW: 163.4 lb
    ( -1.6lb in one week)
  • BonnieHosk85
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Good morning! Today we’re looking for weigh-ins from:

@carol_shantz - nice loss! Congrats!! :star:
    @fe452436
    @gabrielgalindomendez
    @keepingtrack1234
    @MayaVDM - wonderful! :star:
    @robandy12345
    @Shewhoismany
    @BonnieHosk85

Please post using this template:
    Username
    August Week 1
    PW:
    CW:
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    BonnieHosk85
    August Week 1
    PW: 228.7
    CW: 230.4

My niece is in town and even though I'm staying under, I'm making poor choices in restaurants and gained this week. May be the sodium or just not accurate measuring. We're headed out again today and will be eating in restaurants again, but I am committing to making better choices. Hope everyone has a great Friday!!
  • shewhoismany
    shewhoismany Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    shewhoismany
    August Week 1
    PW: 148
    CW: 143.8

This isn't typical. Usually I am slow and steady but my scale had not budged in weeks - I was starting to get worried about a plateau. Hopefully, I'll now return to my regularly scheduled weight loss.
  • Pamela117e
    Pamela117e Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Here comes the weekend with it's lack of structure and many temptations. Celebrating my spouse's birthday with the family so there will be cake, ice cream and wine. Social eating is super hard for me to manage well -- find that I'm much less mindful about what I'm eating (and drinking) while socializing.

Staying within calorie budget and tracking everything but the exercise piece is not coming easily. Exceptionally tired this week and couldn't push past it (couldn't even muster up going for a much needed spa pedicure!!). Next week's goal is to get back into an exercise routine. Used to like exercising and it's benefits but the last year or so it just isn't interesting to me. Maybe next week I'll throw in some pool walking @BonnieHosk85 to get me going.

Pamela117e
    August Week 1
    PW: 195
    CW: 194
  • Robandy12345
    Robandy12345 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Robandy12345
    August Week 1
    PW 213
    CW 217

Gained 4 lbs a few reasons for the weight gain include, I slightly sprained my ankle it was scary I could run but at times when I tried to walk it was like a trick ankle and would give out. So I put myself on limited duty. This caused me to go back into my old habits and eat junk food all nights. I didn’t miss any games and still made it to the gym. My ankle hasn’t failed lately so hopefully I will get back in the swing of things for next week. It’s going to be a busy one
    Bobby T
This discussion has been closed.