Thoughts, Epiphanies, Insights, & Quotables

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,609 Member
    Love it
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,584 Member
    You ladies are WAY too deep and make people go hmmmm!
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,818 Member
    Here’s another deep thought for the non-ambidextrous among us -
    hd46ibyrmloi.jpeg
  • lauriekallis
    Lol. They can learn, but it’s not easy to teach them.
  • PAV8888
    Mine just writes funny!
  • lauriekallis
    Mine doesn’t like to print…but it has learned to “mouse”
  • PAV8888
    edited May 2023
    Mine mouses often and fine cause the other paw has had multiple time periods of overmousing ouchies. Bur does your's paint?!?!?! (mine doesn't, of course, but as a painter it would be an interesting experiment maybe!!!)
  • lauriekallis
    I did try painting with it when my right arm was in the sling from shoulder surgery. The painting itself wasn’t terrible, but the ‘only one hand’ thing really was problematic - trying to open up tubes of paint set things up, etc….was just impossible..
  • PAV8888
    i wondered because of the right brain left brain wiring and painting/creativity
  • lauriekallis
    I still don’t really know a proper answer to that. I do have my partial left hand painting here, and I was pondering working on it with very limited vision … but the limited time i.e. 10 minute intervals made that idea virtually impossible
  • Yoolypr
    j225bpj4kige.jpeg

• lauriekallis
    But I believe so much of the drama and stress is people trying to find their happy place…
  • PAV8888
    edited June 2023
    Laurie you're a generous soul!

Nah, my personal observations say that almost everyone experiences some drama and stress that escalates and shares out sometimes and that's probably normal. (I especially would like to believe that because I'm one of those venting 🙀🙈, though I don't expect friends to get involved beyond the advice they offer and no after midnight phone calls either!!!!!)

But some people experience drama remarkably more frequently than others.

And for some of them it even spils outside their friend and family circle for example involving neighbors

They often have contributing factors, don't get me wrong: undiagnosed or diagnosed mental issues, addictions / recovery, financial and other stresses to name a few.

• Yoolypr
    vjlxrnqfxsh8.jpeg
  • PAV8888
    and yet I never do!
  • lauriekallis
    Not much dopamine’s in the broccoli 😕
  • Yoolypr
    I don’t want this to be true but it is......
    68qwbcjlh5qg.jpeg
  • PAV8888
    Hmm.... interesting way to think of it. I tend to think of it more as something that I consume, possibly "do"; but not as something that is "my friend". OR, for that matter, "my enemy".
  • lauriekallis
    AFter tonight's green soup production - seems broccoli has been standing by me :) 4 massive bunches went into the pot! I feel so green....
  • Yoolypr
    It’s not a friend or foe thing with sugar and broccoli. For me, when stressed, it’s definitely chocolate over broccoli.