Thoughts, Epiphanies, Insights, & Quotables

Replies

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,751 Member
    oql5bqr4h4a9.jpeg
    Oh to have some supervisors.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,545 Member
    Had a couple of challenging days when I returned home - first time I was alone with food in a week - hamsters were cheering me on trying to persuade me that I could/should eat EVERYTHING!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,393 Member
    🛑🚦🚷🔏✖️
  • lauriekallis
    lol....you think???...those day are behind me (this time round) but the urge was certainly there!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,227 Member
    A thank you...

I just want you all to know how much I appreciate you and look forward to your posts every day. Even if I just am reading them and not "talking" because I am in a bad mindset, it still means a lot to me that there are people out there who get it.

So thank you for your support and for just being awesome people.
  • lauriekallis
    Thank you, Athijade. I feel the same. Sometimes just having people there who like you (or fake it well enough :) ) feels so good. We are a pretty fine group!
  • PAV8888
    Pffft I'm here for the puppy pics!😝😎
  • lauriekallis
    At your service, PAV. :)
  • Yoolypr
    f3f7p4rfybj7.jpeg
  • lauriekallis
    Yay for continued adventures!!!!
  • Yoolypr
    Thinking of Laurie today as she has her second surgery. Hope all goes well 🙏
  • PAV8888
    Hopefully you will be all chipper when you see this... as I am writing it about 5 hours later than your post! Good recovery vibes have been dispatched!
  • lauriekallis
    Still on the green side :)

Not quite as chipper as after the first - but not bad - and I feel those positive and healing vibes <3
  • Yoolypr
    Still on the green side :)

Not quite as chipper as after the first - but not bad - and I feel those positive and healing vibes <3

Hope the recovery is going well and you’re feeling better today. 🕯
  • lauriekallis
    It is! I've had a wonderful day :) Christmas and Birthday all rolled into one! Literally! Received two parcels in the mail today - late Christmas presents from the Newfoundland crew :p and a little tote bag I forgot there when I was visiting. And a text from my local son with a photo of a parcel all stamped and tagged - my birthday present which he ordered from somewhere far away and it just arrived at his place. Too funny that both would show up on the same day.

And I've been out and about all day - doing all fun things - and my knee was feeling absolutely fantastic. Enough so that I was thinking maybe it will be fine - that I don't need that MRI/Surgery stuff. Then it occurred to me. It is the pain killers I'm taking so the boob doesn't hurt with all this bouncing around (walking). lol. You know what - same drug also stops the pain from me knee :) What an epiphany though. How much pain drags you down and how accustomed you get to it so you don't even realize that you are living under its cloud.
  • lauriekallis
    How are your damaged nether regions doing Yooly???
  • Yoolypr
    Laurie - glad to hear you’re doing well. Pain killers are great for masking pain all over. Which is also why some folks never leave them unfortunately! Too bad we can’t get targeted medication for specific areas. But we plod along learning to manage.

The nether regions are healing quite nicely. I can’t imagine what damage I would have done at 100 pounds heavier and less fit. I’d probably be in a body cast now. 😂
  • PAV8888
    Boobs and nethers and Christmas gifts all in two posts! I knew there was a reason to hang around MFP!😝
  • lauriekallis
    This is a pretty great place to be :)