Options

Replies

• LadyRN76
    LadyRN76 Posts: 4,275 Member
    Options
    Saturday, Oct 19th

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes under
    Exercise: Yes - 2 mile walk this morning and a 2 mile run this evening.

Finally feeling like myself again!
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    LadyRN76 wrote: »
    Saturday, Oct 19th

Exercise: Yes - 2 mile walk this morning and a 2 mile run this evening.

Finally feeling like myself again!

Yay so happy you're feeling better
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    Daily Post

Friday

Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise no
    Water 180oz
    Goals/comments finally got my WALKER so I get to go to my appointments.

Saturday

Track yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise no
    Water 140oz
    Goals/comments so making plan to relocate to Charlotte NC in the next month or so.
  • walk4today
    walk4today Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Username: walk4today
    Weigh in week: October week 3
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW 247.2
    CW 247.4
  • satchel2008
    satchel2008 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Daily post Friday
    Track: yes
    Calories:yes
    Exercise: no
  • satchel2008
    Options
    Daily post Saturday
    Track no
    Calories no
    Exercise no
    Comments: didn't track today had my niece's birthday party and starting keto on Monday
  • satchel2008
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    I don't get it... I need some advice. Is it possible to not loose weight by not eating enough calories? I have been so diligent on everything and the scale won't budge and I keep cutting and cutting calories I've only been eating around 400-500 calories a day and still nothing!! I'm getting very worried and scared like am I just gonna have to stop all calories together to get any movement? I'm just so confused 😭

@satchel2008 This is a very widely discussed and controversial topic. I don't think it's at all a great idea to go super low for a super long time, your metabolism WILL slow and this will make losing weight over the course of your journey MUCH MUCH more difficult. With that being said, there is a lot of research to suggest that time restricted feeding and temporary calorie restriction is very good, for example, eating normally 5 days a week and 2 days a week eating 400-500 calories a day.

If you restrict your calories super aggressively like that (and stay super low daily) and you just go straight for it, this can cause your body to go through some extreme stress and it will slow your metabolism to preserve your current resources, ie, your current fat and muscle. Now the degree to which this happens is different from person to person, but in your case may be extreme as it does seem that you may have had a slower metabolism to start. I don't ever suggest going that extreme for most people, as it also makes it harder to maintain over the long term, for example..the point at which your body gets used to that intake, you have nowhere to go down from there....you can't eat much less than 500 calories a day...and still be eating food. And another thing you'd want to think about is while eating that low consistently, are you actually giving your body enough actual nutrients? That matters too. If your malnourished, some pretty undesirable things can occur, and a big one is hair loss.....and I'd lose my mind if I lost my hair....just saying.

I said all of that to say, it's probably doing you more harm than good, and especially if your body is responding in the way that it is, and you may want to consider increasing your calories (and I would do it slowly, a little at a time each week) until you get to more like 1200-1500 calories and then look at what you really need to cut to lose weight.

If rapid** and healthy weight loss is what you're really after, I'd suggest a Ketogenic diet (and if nothing else during your journey to lose weight) or intermittent fasting (or both). My first 6 months on keto I dropped 45 lbs (and to date 107 lbs) and intermittent fasting came shortly after naturally, I just found I wasn't nearly as hungry.

**Rapid--your mileage may vary, in the beginning, it's very easy to drop quickly if you cut the carb cord, but not all of it happens instantly, as it does take a bit of time for your body to heal itself and start letting go of unnecessary fat reserves.

If you're interested at all in giving Keto a shot, let me know. I'd be happy to help. It's really saved me.

Yes I am gonna start keto on Monday!
  • dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Daily Post - Saturday

Track ✔
    Calories ✔
    Exercise ✔✔✔

Just a beautiful day. Logged over 9miles today. My morning walk then took 🐕🐕 up to the mountains for a long trail walk. Had a great day.
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options

@satchel2008 Awesome, and don't be afraid of calories and fats (especially when you first start keto) it will seem like a lot, especially when you haven't been eating a lot of food, and the scale may scare you a bit in the beginning, also be aware of that, but really give it a bit of time to start working (approximately 4-8 weeks) and you should start seeing all of the benefits, and don't forget, I'm happy to help if you have questions along the way. I've been keto for more than 2.5 years and I have no intention of going back.
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Saturday check-in
    Calories under
    Exercise walking and cleaning
    Water over

Digger61
    Week 3
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous weight: 220
    Current weight: 220

Sorry i missed the weigh in yesterday
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »

@satchel2008 Awesome, and don't be afraid of calories and fats (especially when you first start keto) it will seem like a lot, especially when you haven't been eating a lot of food, and the scale may scare you a bit in the beginning, also be aware of that, but really give it a bit of time to start working (approximately 4-8 weeks) and you should start seeing all of the benefits, and don't forget, I'm happy to help if you have questions along the way. I've been keto for more than 2.5 years and I have no intention of going back.

that is great i also do Keto
  • erinmorgan
    erinmorgan Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Day - Friday
    PW 188.6
    CW 185.4

Incredibly hard week... we lost our very close friend, my hubbies best friend since grade school, to stage 4 melanoma at the early age of 45. And to add to that I started a brand new job... Needless to say tracking has been at the bottom of the list. Tmrw is the start of a new week. Back on track then!
  • dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Daily Post - Sunday

Track ✔
    Calories ✔
    Exercise ✔

Spent about an hour going through my closet today. Got a whole trash bag full to donate. I thought about keeping them, you know, (Just in case) but, there's not going to be a "Just in case" because this is finally IT.
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    9tn2ib0kljvh.png
    **October Week 4**

r76mnedgsrqo.gif

This Week's Winners (posted at least 6 days):

@satchel2008.
    @143tobe.
    @Dustyspal.
    @gjaholy33.

v46vld4n6nrl.gif

Week 3 Results have also been posted.

Congrats to our top 3:
    1st - @Dustyspal. - 1.71%
    2nd - @erinmorgan. - 1.70%
    3rd - @cydneebauman. - 1.68%

uohume43ad88.gif
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    Sunday, Oct 20th

Exercise: Yes - 4 mile walk this morning and a 10 mile ride this afternoon.

It's 92 here today. Enjoying the weather and being outside.

I have to work on my water this week. I feel like I'm back in my groove with working out, but know the scale won't make moves without me getting my water intake to a minimum of 100 oz/day.
  • Ver9nika
    Ver9nika Posts: 183 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    erinmorgan wrote: »
    Weigh in Day - Friday
    PW 188.6
    CW 185.4

Incredibly hard week... we lost our very close friend, my hubbies best friend since grade school, to stage 4 melanoma at the early age of 45. And to add to that I started a brand new job... Needless to say tracking has been at the bottom of the list. Tmrw is the start of a new week. Back on track then!

I'm sorry to read about your loss and stress. Wish you all the best! 🌷
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: October 18th

Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: rest day - ran errands all day

Daily Post: October 19th

Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: 10,050 steps

Daily Post: October 20th

Calories under goal: no, a little over
    Exercise: Haven't felt well this weekend ....no exercise

• o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Saturday, 19 October

Calories: Under
    Exercise: Approx 6,000 steps

Daily Post: Sunday, 20 October

Calories: Under by 105
    Exercise: I didn’t get round to doing much today as my little boy was up from 11pm until 9am and I was so tired 😴

It’s weigh-in day in the morning and I’m actually looking forward to it. I’ve done really well this week to not eat any chocoate and I’ve been walking more, thanks to the Fitbit. If I’m down at least one pound from last weeks weigh-in then I’ll be happy. I’ve tried so hard this week to make good food choices and move more, so I hope it shows tomorrow 🤞🏻
  • Gadgetgirl259
    Gadgetgirl259 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Gadgetgirl259
    Oct. week 3 (Thursday)

PW: 165
    CW: 166.2
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    Ver9nika wrote: »
    erinmorgan wrote: »
    Weigh in Day - Friday
    PW 188.6
    CW 185.4

I'm sorry to read about your loss and stress. Wish you all the best! 🌷

Hang in there. Sending healing thoughts to you and your hubby!
This discussion has been closed.