TEAM: Gutbusters (October)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    Welcome to Team Gutbusters!

My name is Bonnie and I am the captain here at Gutbusters. I'm married to Doug, live in Nashville TN. We have two grown sons. We're also pup parents to Ollie, our Miniature Schnauzer, who adopted us in December 2018. I've been a member here at Gutbusters since December 2018 and am looking forward to another month with this wonderful team! ~~ Bonnie

Hello Team! I’m Michelle and I’m co-captain for Gutbusters. August was my first month and I lost about 10 pounds! I have over 100 pounds to lose and I think I will stay in this challenge for a good long while. I have found support, encouragement, and accountability very helpful.

I live in lovely White Bear Lake, MN in a tiny home with my 19-year-old cat Boo-Boo. The most important things in my life are my faith and my friends. By God’s grace, I’m a recovered alcoholic (3.5 years) and recovered smoker (3 months!). Food addiction is one of the last hold-outs of that old, self-destructive road I walked for so long. I’m ready for victory over it! ~~ Michelle

To our new members and returning members, we are both so glad you are joining our team. Life is better together!

We have several members who have been on the Gutbusters team for quite a while and they will be introducing themselves so we can all get to know each other. We love to think of this group as our Fit Family <3. We hope you feel very welcome here from your very first day.

Your weigh-in day is the day of the week you signed up to be in the challenge. We'll post a reminder each day. Be sure to click on the star above to bookmark this page for October.

Your weekly weigh-in post should look like this:

Username
    October Week #
    PW:
    CW:

Please post as frequently as you'd like. A daily check-in with the team will help keep you focused on your goals and we'd love to get to know you better!

October is going to be a wonderful month to see some great changes in our health! Please take a moment to introduce yourself to our team! Feel free to share as much as you are comfortable.
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    Big Gutbusters welcome to our three newest members!

@pikapuff11
    @Tickie99
    @MMMonk

So glad to have you in our Fit Family! Please take a moment when you have time to introduce yourself! Be sure to click the start at the top right of the page to bookmark this page. We encourage you to check in daily to see what's going on with the team and to participate in our mini-challenges weekly. We're so glad to have you with us!! <3
  • MMMonk
    MMMonk Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is Michelle and I live in PA. This is my first challenge. I am able to stick with things for a few weeks but then get discouraged because the weight isn't just flying off. So I am hoping this helps me continue what I am doing. Usually I "diet" but this time around I am adding exercise. I would like to lose 60 pounds. Thanks for adding me!
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    Welcome, Michelle! Glad to have you on the team. The accountability you will find here will definitely help to keep you focused on your success. I've found that to be so true. Our team is made up of some really caring people. We're glad you're with us! <3
  • Tickie99
    Tickie99 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is Sabine and I live in Joburg (South Africa). It is also my first challenge and is actually the first time I am actively trying to lose weight. My ultimate weight loss goal is about 90 pounds so hopefully this group can help me get there. :)
  • FatimaStartsAllOver
    Options
    @MMMonk & @Tickie99 welcome to the Gutbusters team, good luck to you both, hopefully you find the motivation you need here. this month (September) was my 1st official challlenge and i’m heading right back into a second round (October). we all can do this, i’m a believer!!!!!
  • shewhoismany
    shewhoismany Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Karen. This will be my third challenge. It is finally getting cooler here in Pennsylvania (at least some of the time). I hope to keep motivated and running from zombies once sweater weather hits properly. Yay!
  • cr00000
    cr00000 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Charmaine. This is my second challenge. It was a rough start but I ended up losing 2.8 pounds in September. I'm looking forward to crushing that number in October!
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    Please welcome @LDSCOTT716, our newest Gutbusters member to the family! Please bookmark this page and take a moment to tell us a little about yourself. We're glad you're here! <3
  • ldscott716
    ldscott716 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi folks! I'm Lydia and this is my first challenge. I'm 47 and live in South Carolina, USA.

I'm usually more of a loner with weight management and exercise, but you know what they say: "If you wanna be what you've never been, you have to do what you've never done." So I'm branching out on this leg of my journey. I'm on a very long term road to the final step in conquering obsessive food issues that started as an infant. I have NO idea what it's like to not be clinically obese. My highest weight was 380lbs and my lowest as an adult is 225lbs. I am joining the challenge clocking in at 308lbs.
  • BonnieHosk85
    edited September 2019
    Options
    So glad to have you, @Tickie99! We'll sure do our best to support you on your journey!! <3

Glad you're staying with us, @cr00000! <3

Karen, run girl run!!! :smiley:
    I hope to keep motivated and running from zombies once sweater weather hits properly. Yay!

@ldscott716, welcome, Lydia! So glad to have you on the team. We truly do need each other and I'm so glad you will be with us on your journey. You'll find this group to be very caring and supportive. I'm on a long road too. I have a total of 100 lbs to lose and am 35 pounds down. It's slow going, but it's going!! By the way, my youngest son lives in Greenville. <3
  • ldscott716
    ldscott716 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    @BonnieHosk85 Thanks bunches! And Greenville is beautiful! I'm down in Columbia, but was recently up near Greenville for a "just me and a farmhouse" weekend.
  • pikapuff11
    pikapuff11 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you for having me! My name is Rachel and I’m from Pacifica, CA. My husband, my 4 year old son, and I moved here from Seattle a bit over a year ago. We have two small dogs (long hair chihuahua and jack Russell terrier). I have lost the same 40lb over and again, but looking to keep it off this time. I appreciate the opportunity to be a part of something motivating and social. Thank you!
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    Sounds fabulous, @ldscott716!

Glad you're with us, Rachel! I hear you on the yo-yo effect. Been there, not repeating this time!
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Back from 6 weeks in Europe. Please add me in again for October.
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Sarah. Currently covered in sandfly bites from doing the gardening :) I have a toddler who is getting her last tooth, so trying not to eat while im stressing about her. My four year old has just discovered pencils and is busy occupied with this so I can get a bit more exercise in during the day. I have put a sugar ban in place in the house, only to have sugar on weekends, and its worked so far for a week. Hoping it will work for the rest of the month. Husband has got serious about exercise again too-hes thrown out all his too big and winter clothes (we r in the tropics so no need for winter stuff)...hope i can do the same soon too!
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    @Colleen790, please go here to register your weight and day you want to sign in:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10765568/october-new-member-registration-starting-weights#latest

I'll let Ashley know you want to be in Gutbusters. Glad to have you with us!! <3
  • cr00000
    cr00000 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    @BonnieHosk85 Will my weigh in day still be Friday? I like weighing in that day so just wanted to check.
  • crystalbarton31
    crystalbarton31 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm back again! I got a little off track at the end of September, and October is going to be a HARD month, with Halloween approaching, but I am going to do my best to have willpower! I really need to crackdown on losing a bunch more weight!!! I have a health and wellness supplement coming in the mail this week I'm super excited to try, so hopefully I have some boosted weightless in the upcoming weeks!!!!
  • BonnieHosk85
    edited September 2019
    Options
    @cr00000, yes, until you tell us you'd like another day. :smile:

Good morning! Welcome to a new month with Gutbusters! Please check the September thread to see some exciting news about The Biggest Loser in September!! So proud of this group and the commitment each of you has!! Here's the thread:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10761479/team-gutbusters-september#latest

This week’s mini-challenge is to try to cut back on refined carbohydrates.
    Give up refined carbs like bread and pasta. Refined carbohydrates affect the body in similar ways to sugar, storing fat in your trouble spots like belly, butt, and thighs (our trouble areas!). Replace toxic carbs with complex carbs such as fruits, (root) vegetables and whole grains (millet, brown rice, oats, quinoa, amaranth, and buckwheat).

Today we’re looking for weigh-ins from:

@allietuge
    @crystalbarton31
    @threewins

Please post using this template:
    Username
    October Week 1
    PW:
    CW:
This discussion has been closed.