• 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Kenyaa3 wrote: »
    Kenyaa3
    October Week 1
    PW:266.8
    CW: 267.1

Went to the Big E this weekend and needless to say I ain’t waaayyy more than I needed too and didn’t make the best choices. Therefore I’m going extra hard this week to get back with my mini goals.

Need to check in the group more often which helps to keep me focused.

October here I come!!! Here WE come!!! 😬💪🏽

You can do it!
  • MMMonk
    MMMonk Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes. I had a really crappy day yesterday. Instead of stress eating I exercised for 45 minutes. That's a first for me and I feel great.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes.
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes.
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Good morning! Thanks for posting your October goals, team! I'm loving seeing them and look forward to seeing more! :heart:

Today we’re looking for weigh-ins from:

@inshapeCK
    @Tickie99 - Nice loss! :star:

Please post using this template:

Username
    October Week 1
    PW:
    CW:

• 12Sarah2015
    Options
    LesIckaBod wrote: »
    LesIckaBod
    October Week 1
    PW: 170.5 (from Sept. week 3)
    CW: 172.6

Feeling frazzled and overwhelmed at work. I'm having trouble making myself come to Gutbusters because it's more time in front of my computer, and if I'm in front of my computer, I need to be working. Ugh.

Hopefully, once I get through a big push of work today I can resume a more even pace of work for a while. It's still going to be full and hectic, but hopefully more manageable. Because this is not manageable.

Hope things get better soon. Its hard when you are so tired to get exercise in. Last night i was exhausted but did dancing at home and the music woke me up..maybe try that?
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Nice work, @12Sarah2015! :star:

@LesIckaBod, I've sent you a pm. Please check your messages.

@FatimaStartsAllOver, thanks! I love this team!! B)
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Keepingtrack1234 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    I apologize for being rather out of it for the past few days, I was laid low by a blinding migraine. On the bright side, it has been easy to keep my calories low. Unfortunately, leaving the quiet darkness of my bed has been difficult and I only managed the activity level of a narcoleptic tree sloth on Valium. I am feeling better and hope to get back to normal (for me) in a day or two.

My goal for October is to skip the chips. Those yummy, crunchy, salty bits of anything snacky are my superhero weakness. I must defeat them by pulverizing them into dust, drowning them in their bag and tossing the whole thing into the trash. Seriously, that is what I must do to stop eating them.

LOL!! That is how I am with ice cream, especially any kind that has candy built in! :)
  • tuddy315
    tuddy315 Posts: 11,331 Member
    Options
    I apologize for being rather out of it for the past few days, I was laid low by a blinding migraine. On the bright side, it has been easy to keep my calories low. Unfortunately, leaving the quiet darkness of my bed has been difficult and I only managed the activity level of a narcoleptic tree sloth on Valium. I am feeling better and hope to get back to normal (for me) in a day or two.

My goal for October is to skip the chips. Those yummy, crunchy, salty bits of anything snacky are my superhero weakness. I must defeat them by pulverizing them into dust, drowning them in their bag and tossing the whole thing into the trash. Seriously, that is what I must do to stop eating them.

LOL!! That is how I am with ice cream, especially any kind that has candy built in! :)

I usually have some kind of ice cream almost every day. My goal for this month is to cut out sweets. Day #2 and I had 4 Hershey kisses. Maybe I'll limit it to sweets once a week.
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Keepingtrack1234 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    tuddy315 wrote: »

I usually have some kind of ice cream almost every day. My goal for this month is to cut out sweets. Day #2 and I had 4 Hershey kisses. Maybe I'll limit it to sweets once a week.

I have been on a mission since end of August to get rid of sweets. It has been AHHMAZING. I feel so much better. Today, I had a field trip with my class. I got motion sick (hour bus ride, then an architectural tour on the Chicago River...amazing, but not great for motion sickness...) I bought a cookie and ate it in like 2 bites. Then had a brownie for dessert. Guess who doesn't feel good? ME! Sugar=devil! Good luck, you can do it! Rewards are HUGE!
  • MayaVDM
    MayaVDM Posts: 71 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Day 2 of my new restart.
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes 5km run in 29min. Intense but feeling soooooo good after that.
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes, only 20 carbs for today
  • shewhoismany
    shewhoismany Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes.
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes.

Doing the the C25K with Number Two Son is messing my schedule. I don't know whether to do the two different difficulties on the same day (mine in the morning and his in the afternoon) or what. I don't want to skip recovery days but keeping him motivated will be my primary goal. I'm a mother, I'll suffer if I have to. But never in silence. :)
  • SuzFit212
    SuzFit212 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise? Yes.
    Did I track everything? Yes.
    Within budget? No, but just barely over.
  • Kenyaa3
    Kenyaa3 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 30 minute walk during lunch
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? I think so
  • 12Sarah2015
    Options
    Not sure what i ate today... it was so stressful in the past week with centrelink that said i had a debt half my wage- thankfully all is sorted ( i think my weight loss is stress not food related). All i remember is eating random bananas and other food my daughter didnt finish eating. Then tonight ate my daughters food she would eat which was high in calories...and was unable to exercise tonight. I have to lose weight on my middle coz its unhealthy (88cm) so I need to put that as a big priority. So im looking at food now from a whole family perspective.

The -ves: Long story but i think my husband and i need marriage counselling if we cant work things out over this weekend, coz we have just been to a marriage thing at church and we havent had time to do the homework and for me there r too many things bugging me and it cant just the backburner.

I need patience!! One thing big on his list is me losing weight. i feel I cant lose weight because of him, i was eating so well before i was married.

The +ves: Anyway...one thing that is working a little is zero cane sugar 3 out of 7 nights this week for the whole family (the aim is 5/7). (My goal is 1 day or less/wk for myself and ive stuck well to this for a year now)

We had one good family dance session this week.

Weve agreed to eat less beef mince. Ive even found one vegeterian recipe he likes too. Im 100% cooking every day now, but that wont be entirely the case when we r entertaining, but we can have 2 dishes instead (mine and his...i did last time and it worked well).

Weve agreed on more chicken, and fish one day per week (just tinned tuna as fresh is more expensive and hubby WILL fry it).

Our GP says its fine to just feed my 2 y o daughter spaghetti every night as we have heaps of veggies and lentils, and she gets the iron, so shell be getting that while I cook foods for myself. and the rest of the family can choose my new foods or spaghetti to eat. Our Gp recommended more eggs for brekky/lunch for my 2 yo, so i will eat as well.

Hubbys a bit anti brown rince for my daughter...i will try another cooking method and see if shell eat it. But its staying in our repetoire.

Husband has switched to weetbix to try and help his own weight loss which is huge!

He has also reduced his dinner portion size by half (not sure if its working encouraging snacking on high cal foods but if i portion out the nuts esp, it might help. Ive added more variety of fruits for him to eat).

Our food bill this week was mainly veggies, yay!!
This discussion has been closed.