Replies

• allietuge
    allietuge Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    allietuge
    October Week 1
    PW: 163.7
    CW: 168

😔 so I've been in such a funk the past two weeks. I fell hard into a dark place mentally and I'm slowly getting myself out.
    Hubby and I have made some October goals so I hope I can stay on track and have a good month....

*I would like to change my weigh-in day to Saturday please*
  • crystalbarton31
    crystalbarton31 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    crystalbarton31
    October Week 1
    PW: 191.6
    CW: 190.4
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Keepingtrack1234 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    My name is Megan; this is my 4th month! I am pretty much trying to maintain my weight within a pound or two. I am learning how to eat as my body changes as I age (10 days until FORTY!!!) . I am focused on avoiding added sugars and lifting weights to stay strong and healthy. This is a WONDERFUL group and I am so happy to be part of this supportive team.
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    @allietuge, I've requested a change from Sunday to Saturday for you. I'm sorry you've had a rough two weeks. It happens. I'm glad you have gotten some new goals and I just know you'll make them. <3

@crystalbarton31, nice loss! :star:

Happy "early" birthday!! When is the actual day? :cookie: We're glad you're here too. You're an awesome team member!!

• matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Hi all, back from a mini back vaca. We planned a quiet no rushing really lazy weekend. The weather here in Bucks County Pa has turned back to summer. The beaches in NJ where awesome, since it got warmer we planned no sitting inside playing board and card games we where on the beach everyday soaking in the sun. I am so ready for fall , please hurry and get here. I stayed well in goal all 4 days with very little snacking. The temptations was high but I resisted 99% of the time. my friends were eating well and snacking well. I just kept asking for low fat or low sugar. Back to reality. Have a great week everyone.
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    @bonniehosk85
    Colleen790
    SW 169.7
    Weigh in day Thursday
    If it's too late for October, don't worry I'll wait for November
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    Colleen790
    SW 169.7
    Weigh in day Thursday
    If it's too late for October, don't worry I'll wait for November

@Ab0215, is there still room in Gutbusters for Colleen?
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    Does anyone else have the feeling this is going to be a great month for our team? I am so proud of everyone for the losses we experienced last month. You GB's really rock! I love this team!! <3

For those of you who are new to the group, here are some weigh-in FAQs:

• When do I post my weigh-in?
    Post on your "scheduled weigh-in day". So, if you posted a weight in the New Member Registration thread on a Tuesday, then your scheduled weigh-in day will be each Tuesday of the month. Let me know if you have a question.
    • Why is Week 1 beginning on Sunday? Haven't we been already posted our starting weights?
    Think of it as a first birthday. You're born, then you must live a whole year before you can celebrate being 1. In this challenge, you post a starting weight, then you have a whole week to work on weight loss before you post your Week 1 weigh-in.
    • How do I post my weigh-in?
    Your posts should look like this:
    Username:
    Week: October Week 1
    PW: Previous Weight in pounds
    CW: Current Weight in pounds
    • What's my previous weight?
    If you're new, your Week 1 previous weight is whatever weight you posted in the New Member Registration thread or check out the current spreadsheet to see what your posted info says. If you're returning, your Week 1 previous weight is whatever your weight was in the last week of the previous month.
    • Team Dynamics!
    A successful month will also include checking in each day with our team. Strive to become acquainted with everyone on the team and encourage each other in the successes and bumps we will all experience. Our members are invited to post daily following the guidelines of another challenge called UAC (Ultimate Accountability Challenge). Very simple, but effective, in keeping us focused on our health goals. Please feel free to join that monthly challenge as well. @RangerRickL does a fantastic job there of keeping us motivated daily. I don’t think I’d be as far along on my journey if it wasn’t for TBL and UAC. If you’d like to participate in those guidelines, post this daily with the results.
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?
    Along with our daily check-ins, we will also have mini-challenges weekly. I do not want to be the person coming up with these ideas by myself so if you think of something that may be a good challenge during the week you can post the ideas on the monthly thread or send them to me privately.
    • I'm still confused. Who can help me?
    Just ask a question here and tag your captain (@BonnieHosk85), or your co-captain (@motis367). We do our best to reply as soon as possible. We want you to succeed as much as we want success for ourselves. If you miss your weigh-in, we will message you to remind you. Because we care. If you need to drop out for the month, just let us know. Feel free to private message us if you need to.
    Blessings,
    ~~ Bonnie and Michelle

• BonnieHosk85
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, cleanup and setup at church (cleaning bathrooms, setting out offering baskets, emptying trash)
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
    Mini-challenge: Had refined carbs, but put brown rice and quinoa on my grocery list today.
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Keepingtrack1234 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    My goal for October: I want to hit 220 by October 31. I've been playing around with 2-4 pounds for several months. Not sure what's going on but I want to hit it hard in October and get past this deadlock I'm in. I have a wedding on November 9th in Orlando and I'd love to be down by 9-10 pounds. My goal for 2019 is to be down a total of 50 pounds. I'm at -35 now. I lose super slow, but I'm hoping by joining the new gym I'll see some serious progress this month.

What are your goals for October?

Love it!! Nice goals!!! My goal this month is to continue to make moderate choices with food and exercise twice during the workweek for 10 minutes. I go hard so I don't feel bad it's so short!😎
  • allietuge
    allietuge Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    My goal for October: I want to hit 220 by October 31. I've been playing around with 2-4 pounds for several months. Not sure what's going on but I want to hit it hard in October and get past this deadlock I'm in. I have a wedding on November 9th in Orlando and I'd love to be down by 9-10 pounds. My goal for 2019 is to be down a total of 50 pounds. I'm at -35 now. I lose super slow, but I'm hoping by joining the new gym I'll see some serious progress this month.

What are your goals for October?

You totally got this!! My goal is to get as close to the 150s as I can. I would like to see 159 but that is a large goal

Cheers to October!
  • BB_1033
    BB_1033 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    BB_1033
    October Week 1
    PW 168
    CW 170

🤦🏻‍♀️ This ol familiar dance again 🙄. I'm hoping its bc of TOM is around the corner.
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    Good morning! Today we’re looking for weigh-ins from:

@audreypawdrey
    @BB_1033 - I'm familiar with that dance!! :smirk:
    @LesIckaBod
    @looneycatblue
    @MMMonk
    @Pikapuff11

Please post using this template:
    Username
    October Week 1
    PW:
    CW:
  • elisepfliger04
    elisepfliger04 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    So not excited to weigh in tomorrow. I have been doing so great and 1 weekend I blow it 😢 Up 5lbs from Friday. Hitting the running even more and going to start to tracking my food again- I’ve been slacking on tracking. Wish me luck!!
  • MayaVDM
    MayaVDM Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Tickie99 wrote: »
    My goal for October is to drop about 5 lbs, more would be great but I would be happy with 5

Same in my side. Let's push for it .
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    @elisepfliger04, get lots of water in today, too! Good luck! :smile:

Great goals, everyone!! <3
This discussion has been closed.