TEAM: Gutbusters (November)

Options

Replies

• matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options

Thanks, @allietuge and @inshapeCK! :heart:

@matthewsfive, wonderful loss!! Congrats! :star:

@glouis4, thank you so much for sharing and your transparency! :heart: We're glad you're here, too, and do consider you a vital part of our fit family. What did your workout partner do for you when you had one? I go to the local YMCA on a regular basis (usually 4-5 times a week) and would love to be a "virtual" partner with you. We can even make a mini-challenge here for those of us who do work out at gyms, maybe posting what we did each time we go, setting goals for ourselves and holding each other accountable, etc. Not sure what it would look like but I'd be happy to facilitate what we come up with. Maybe a "subgroup" off this one. Let me know your thoughts. I just got back from the gym. It was the first time since 11/7 since we were on vacation and then I was sick all this past week. I took it easy and did 20 minutes on the elliptical and 15 minutes on the recumbent bike.

thanks, you had a great loss this week.
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Keepingtrack1234 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    @Keepingtrack1234, birthday? :smiley:
    nope, just...life! :smiley:
  • fe452436
    fe452436 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    fe452436
    PW:203.5 lbs
    CW:203 lbs

This week I will try my best to lose few pounds.InshaAllah.

Congratulations BonnieHosk on losing 4 pounds.
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    @Keepingtrack1234, ha! :smiley:

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 20 minutes elliptical, 15 minutes recumbent bike (first time back to the gym in two weeks. Felt so good!!)
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • Keepingtrack1234
    edited November 2019
    Options
    NSV! (are we still doing that?!) I bought a pair of faux leather leggings from H&M on SUPER sale last year; they were just a tad snug and looked it. I tried them on this AM and they fit perfectly. I haven't lost much weight, but since I have been focusing on strength, my body composition has really changed! I know I have said this before, but I will say it again: LIFT THOSE WEIGHTS ladies! Wow it makes a difference. I am sweating and out of breath 5 minutes in to a workout. And Fitness Blender is FREE! it's incredible!
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    Awesome, @Keepingtrack1234. I love it when things like that happen! Nice work!
  • kiadams317750
    kiadams317750 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Kiadams317750

Tracked: yes, everything I ate and drank
    Calories: yes, under
    Exercise: yes, cardio-bike 15 minutes, strength 30 minutes
    NSV: made up a plan for daily exercise for coming week and stuck to it for first day
    Posted here for the day: yes
    Day: made good choices for the day and accomplished daily goals
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    Good morning! Each week we have a mini-challenge to encourage you to focus on one area that will help you to reach your fitness goal. This week’s mini-challenge is to post ideas and tips that have helped you reach your goals. What do you think is the biggest tool/plan that has helped you reach your fitness goals. What have you discarded that was a stumbling block? Post your best tips! Make it a great week!

Today we’re looking for weigh-ins from:

@crystalbarton31

Please post using this template:
    Username
    November Week 4
    PW:
    CW:

One of the biggest tools or plans that I do is to try to post every day in our thread. The more I come here and read about your successes, exercise, etc., the more I want to do the same in my own life. One of the biggest things that has happened is that I joined a gym. I was trying to see how I could afford it and found out through our insurance I am able to join multiple gyms for only $30 a month (Blue Cross - Blue 365). It's been a life-changer for me. I was going to wait until I got into Onederland before I joined, but I'm so thankful that I didn't wait. I love getting ideas for new machines, etc., to use at the gym. I think I'm going to put water aerobics on hold for the winter. Even though I dry off after class, it's just so cold when I go out to my car. Yes, I'm a wimp! :smile:

For those of us in the USA, this week is going to be challenging. What are your plans to keep from derailing all your efforts this month? I think I am going to pre-log my food on Thanksgiving day. I am going to be the main cook so I will know what is in everything. I think allowing myself anything that I want, but in moderate portions, is going to be the way to go. What's your plan for success? Happy Thanksgiving! 🦃
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Options
    LOVE THIS! @BonnieHosk85 , thanks for doing this. During the holidays, my plan is/has been...
    No treats at work (why? I mean, really...why?) That's the #1 for me.
    Eat normally except actual holidays (Thanksgiving (we celebrate) Christmas and New Years. Then I try to just stay moderate.
    Continue to exercise 10 minutes a day in the AM
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR WEEK 3 WINNER docbeauty1. - 2.57%
    8uylzhyem0bd.jpg

AND TO THE SLIMSONS FOR TAKING 1ST PLACE IN WEEK 3!!

November Week 3 is now in the books!

Great job everyone! As a whole across all teams, we are now carrying 60.9 less pounds around! Fantastic! Let's see what we can do for Week 4

Below are the full results for Week 3.

The Biggest Loser Is...
    1st - docbeauty1. - 2.57%
    2nd - asha170880. - 2.14%
    3rd - mrsjar5311. - 2.03%

The TEAM Biggest Loser...
    1st - The Slimsons. - 0.47%
    2nd - Run Track Minds. - 0.41%
    3rd - Gutbusters. - 0.33% :heart:

Top 3 Individual % by Team:

The Big Butt Theory
    1st - asha170880. - 2.14%
    2nd - stubbornloser. - 1.38%
    3rd - Coral333. - 1.24%

The Slimsons
    1st - caloricus. - 1.73%
    2nd - Smallhippo1. - 1.65%
    3rd - Dustyspal. - 1.59%

Gutbusters :heart:
    1st - @audreypawdrey. - 1.93% :star:
    2nd - @allietuge. - 1.87% :star:
    3rd - @TheeSunShine75 - 1.75% :star: *tie*
    3rd - @BonnieHosk85. - 1.75% :star: *tie*

Run Track Minds
    1st - docbeauty1. - 2.57%
    2nd - SoMum. - 1.47%
    3rd - skullsandskeletons. - 1.46%

Flab-U-Less
    1st - mrsjar5311. - 2.03%
    2nd - Ajdvegan. - 1.74%
    3rd - Myjourneytobefitme. - 1.43%

Individual Top 3 Pounds Lost
    1st - @TheeSunShine75. - 5.2 lbs. :star:
    2nd - docbeauty1. - 4.8 lbs.
    3rd - @BonnieHosk85. - 4.0 lbs. :star:

Overall Pounds Lost by Team
    The Big Butt Theory - 4.8 lbs.
    The Slimsons - 17.3 lbs.
    Gutbusters - 15.9 lbs. :heart:
    Run Track Minds - 15.1 lbs.
    Flab-U-Less - 7.9 lbs.

Overall Total Lost: 60.9 lbs
  • BonnieHosk85
    edited November 2019
    Options
    December's signup is now open. If you know of someone who would like to join give them this link. They may request to be on Gutbuster's team and if there's room Ashley will assign them to us. <3Remember, if you are a current member in the November Gutbuster thread you do not have to register for December. You will be automatically rolled over.

Let's make Week 4 be a week to remember!! :sweat_smile:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10773444/december-biggest-loser-challenge-registrations-open-until-nov-30-midnight-est#latest

Please go to our December thread when you have a moment to give an introduction to our newbies and also list your goal for December for accountability.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10773475/team-gutbusters-december#latest

Thanks,
    Bonnie
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    12sarah2015
    November Week 3
    PW:
    Cw: 142.1

• kiadams317750
    Options
    Kiadams317750

Sunday
    Track: yes everything
    Calories: yes, just under
    Exercise: yes, 15 minutes cardio and 15 minutes strength
    NSV: completed my new strength routine for second day and feel physically stronger every day. A year ago I walked with a walker, now you would never know it! I also made better food choices this weekend then in past weekends. Second day posting.
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Exercised? Yes. Put up the Christmas tree.
    Calories? Yes
    Tracked? Yes
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    Good morning! Today we’re looking for weigh-ins from:

@audreypawdrey
    @BB_1033
    @looneycatblue
    @TheeSunShine75

Please post using this template:
    Username
    November Week 4
    PW:
    CW:
  • BB_1033
    BB_1033 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    We moved over the weekend and haven't unpacked the scale before I woke up and moved around cleaning. Can I do my weigh in tomorrow morning?
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    looneycatblue
    Nov 25 - Week 4
    PW: 165.4
    CW: 166.2

Up .8, deserved that, couldn't stop snacking this week... need to get this under control this week!
  • glouis4
    glouis4 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    @BonnieHosk85 my first workout partner and I pushed each other to get to the gym each day, whether together or individual unless we really needed a rest day. We mostly did cardio because weights were intimidating. At the same time we counted calories religiously. Within 5 months we saw a big change. My second workout partner and I focused on heavy weight lifting and intermittent fasting. Since this was less strict, it was easier to follow long-term. Consistency is really the common denominator, which is hard with an ever-changing life.

And sorry for the late reply!
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    @BB_1033, certainly!!

@looneycatblue, not a bad gain and you're down in total for the month, so that's good! :smile:

@glouis4, partners for accountability are awesome!

• kiadams317750
    Options
    Monday

Tracked: yes, food and water
    Calories: under
    Exercise: yes 15 minutes cardio on bike and 15 minutes strength focusing on core and butt
    NSV: Had no sweets what so ever and only one snack a banana between breakfast and lunch.
    Day: good I was productive and kept to my daily goals.
    Tool: I make a list of everything I want to accomplish for the day and then give myself a plus or minus as the day goes by as to if I was able to accomplish everything. At the end of the day I am impressed to see all I have done. Then I look at what I didn’t get done, examine why or what got in the way then brain storm what I could do differently to over come and change it to a plus for tomorrow.
This discussion has been closed.